3.1 beta8 has been released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

3.1 beta8 has been released!

Post by cybersphinx »

A new beta! And for those with older GPUs, it might even run now compared to previous betas (how fast is a different question though...), see fb42df24c25e4e0a87978f768917b5bc254b7fbe.

Note: If you can't start the game for whatever reason, please make a trac ticket and attach the file WZdebuginfo.txt located in your config directory so we can look at it.

Known Issues: Bug Reports:
This release probably contains bugs, please report them so they can be fixed. If you have trouble getting the game to work at all, consider a forum thread, you will probably get help faster that way.

See BugReporting for details, in short:
  • Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in git, the ticket will be closed.
  • If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
  • If there is no report yet, make a new ticket (one per issue).
  • Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
  • The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems (or the other way around, the harder it is for us to reproduce a problem, the less likely it is to get fixed), so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems... whatever is relevant.
  • When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
About the 3.1 series:
The 3.1 series is the first based on the new netcode, with new terrain renderer and many other changes. The main target are systems capable of OpenGL 2.0 (with shaders), but at least the important things like team colours should work with OpenGL 1.4+ (some things might look strange though).

Configuration uses a new directory, if you want to use old mods/maps/savegames, you need to copy them (see FileLocations). Note that savegames from 2.3 and 3.0 are incompatible, only those from newer master snapshots might still work. For mods it depends on what they do, don't expect old mods to work either.

2.3 is now officially unsupported.

Changes since the 2.3 series:
(Items marked with a * were already in the cancelled 3.0 series)
  • New terrain renderer*
  • Support for 3*/5*/6*/7*/9/10 player maps
  • Targetting by line of sight, preventing shooting through terrain or too early*
  • Gates in multiplayer games
  • New deterministic netcode that makes sure the same things actually happen for all players, should be much more cheating-resistant
  • New power system, power is deducted in full at the start, and when power is low, in the order things were queued
  • Unit targeting is more intelligent, they won't all shoot one target when one shot is sufficient
  • Remove fog of war/mist options in favour of a combined explored/seen mode
  • Stored templates. Automatically adds a unit design when all needed research is available
  • Command line parameters now need a '=' (which was optional before), e.g. --resolution=1400x1050
  • Apple systems: Drop support for PPC and Mac OS X 10.4, add support for 64 bit Intel on Mac OS X 10.6+
Changelog for 3.1 beta8:
General
  • Change: Make screen shake not shake on walls, and the duration depend on what was destroyed (33842677af)
  • Fix: Enable truck template when building factory before HQ (#3337, 7291bb9b28)
  • Fix: Problem with continent generation making droids refuse orders (#3269, 3bd70ae8b9)
  • Fix: Don't show repair icon for a selected repair droid itself (#3242, 1fae45407f)
Multiplayer
  • Change: Update GreatRift, MizaMaze and Wheel to include scavengers and new walls, add missing cliff tiles (#2857, #3317, 0ad1b227ff)
  • Fix: Avoid mixing up droid orders during lag (83f7adecc9)
  • Fix: Factories drop artifacts again (29966c5da2, aaeaa4140a, 8e48e9e422)
  • Fix: Disable unit design when HQ gets destroyed (#3342, 466880e1cd)
  • Fix: Make unit design/radar depend on the existence of an HQ, not the base setting (d0fc1e580d)
Lobby
  • Change: Distinguish between wrong version, wrong mod and full game (dc6a4b3eb8)
  • Change: Subtract closed slots from the shown maximum player number (0c5aebfdc1)
  • Fix: Properly handle a disappearing host (#3313, 0de4f38295)
  • Fix: Always show lock icon when a password is set, don't show it in games without password (#3357, bd6c1d203b)
Translations Changelog for older versions: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... /ChangeLog
Full list of changes since 3.1_beta7: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... v3.1_beta8

Download:
As usual, downloads can be found on our Download page or directly on Sourceforge.
We want information... information... information.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Re: 3.1 beta8 has been released!

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Oh goody! Thanks dev team. :D
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:Oh goody! Thanks dev team. :D
+1 :)
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

You guys are awesome! Thanks Dev team!!! :D
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
crass
Trained
Trained

Post by crass »

cybersphinx wrote: Known Issues:
  • Desynch 10 minutes after picking up an oil barrel. If nostalgic, get everyone to pick up an oil barrel, and everyone plays in their own universe as if it was 2.3.9. b6834d18cb7a42a60675379ca99ae241cb65374e
so we are not supposed to pick up oil barrels now?
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Known Issues:
[*]Desynch 10 minutes after picking up an oil barrel. If nostalgic, get everyone to pick up an oil barrel, and everyone plays in their own universe as if it was 2.3.9.
Actually, it is worse than in 2.3.9...
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
Staff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Staff »

Yes, we now know that it is pretty much impossible to avoid a desync with this beta release, since the barrels randomly spawn, and there is no way not to get a barrel.

Sorry folks. :stressed:

For MP play, stick with Beta 7 for now.
Sorry, this account has been deactivated.
Please post issues in Website feedback instead, only Moderators can read things there.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Nice time to think of a button to disable oil drums.
In fact i'd really wish there were one, cause they often do make the early game a bit unfair (:

I could make a No Oil Drum mod that removes them all every 100ms or something like that. Will probably help a bit.
By the way, is there any control that oil drums aren't placed below your units?
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

NoQ wrote:...
By the way, is there any control that oil drums aren't placed below your units?
Think I've seen drums under my units. They don't get picked up until the unit starts moving.
Searge-Major
Trained
Trained

Post by Searge-Major »

Thanks guys for the new release. :D

Pity about the desync bug, but hopefully it won't be too hard to fix?

Just one question, has 3403 been fixed yet?
I fully realise my input is just another drop in the proverbial bucket. It is my goal to make each drop count.
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

Searge-Major wrote:Just one question, has 3403 been fixed yet?
According to it's status it wasn't.
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Beware! Mad Qt Evangelist.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

NoQ wrote: I could make a No Oil Drum mod that removes them all every 100ms or something like that. Will probably help a bit.
Fail: i can't make this sort of mod, cause there is no JS function for removing features (yet).
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

Staff wrote:Yes, we now know that it is pretty much impossible to avoid a desync with this beta release, since the barrels randomly spawn, and there is no way not to get a barrel.

Sorry folks. :stressed:

For MP play, stick with Beta 7 for now.
How about to make a beta8 fix - exe for windows versions ?
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

NoQ wrote:
NoQ wrote: I could make a No Oil Drum mod that removes them all every 100ms or something like that. Will probably help a bit.
Fail: i can't make this sort of mod, cause there is no JS function for removing features (yet).
Personally (and if API would allow) I would turn this feature into mutator which would be enabled by default. ;-)
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Beware! Mad Qt Evangelist.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

NoQ wrote:there is no JS function for removing features (yet).
In 3.2 you have removeObject(game object[, with special effects?]) that allows you to do that.