Now, before I get rubbished for not having beta 7 yet
, I plan to download on the weekend.
System: Windows 7 on an Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4 Ghz w/ 8 GB DDR3 RAM & w/ Nvidia GeForce GT520, no Internet or Network
Program: Warzone 2100 3.1 B4, VSync on, texture size 1024, resolution 1920x1080, fullscreen
The problem is, that 7 minutes into the campaign mission beta 8, the game started jerking, and became unplayable except at 1/40 game speed. I exited Warzone, started again, same problem. I then restarted the computer, and started Warzone again, again the same result, the game was virtually unplayable, except at extremely slow speeds. I made an attempt to play for a few minutes, in the hope that it was just a temporary problem, but gave up shortly afterwards.
I checked the log, and to my amazement the file took ages to load. The reason was that the log, which had only recorded a few minutes of gameplay at the most, was 114 Megabytes
I haven't attached it, because the upload time would be absolutely unbearable, and would bring down the whole connection with it.
Most of the file however seemed to be taken up with lines similar to this (from memory):
- Code: Select all
Error: Assert in Warzone (some stuff here) illegal value for y, max 64x64, 28x66, (etc)
Similar messages were also displayed, with x being the offending value. I will see what I can do about uploading the log, I might try a zip file, or maybe just attach part of it, or even copy part of it to a post.
I fully realise my input is just another drop in the proverbial bucket. It is my goal to make each drop count.