3.1 beta4 has been released! (And beta3 has been skipped.)

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
zany
Trained
Trained

Re: 3.1 beta4 has been released! (And beta3 has been skipped

Post by zany »

Lord Apocalypse wrote:Camera rotation is glitchy. Not entirely sure it has anything to do with camera angle or the zoom as was previously suspected. Anyone else experience this?

If you hold down right mouse button and try to rotate the camera it sometimes doesn't move or the movement get kinda jerky.
vsync on or off? if off, then that is tearing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_tearing
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

Its not tearing, its a glitch. If it was sporadic and jerky I could see a possible tear but this is moves, doesn't moves, or has sporadic movement. Affects rotation as well as tilt (not enough testing for tilt but i'm fairly certain).
Searge-Major
Trained
Trained

Post by Searge-Major »

Now, before I get rubbished for not having beta 7 yet :wink: , I plan to download on the weekend.

System: Windows 7 on an Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4 Ghz w/ 8 GB DDR3 RAM & w/ Nvidia GeForce GT520, no Internet or Network
Program: Warzone 2100 3.1 B4, VSync on, texture size 1024, resolution 1920x1080, fullscreen
The problem is, that 7 minutes into the campaign mission beta 8, the game started jerking, and became unplayable except at 1/40 game speed. I exited Warzone, started again, same problem. I then restarted the computer, and started Warzone again, again the same result, the game was virtually unplayable, except at extremely slow speeds. I made an attempt to play for a few minutes, in the hope that it was just a temporary problem, but gave up shortly afterwards.

I checked the log, and to my amazement the file took ages to load. The reason was that the log, which had only recorded a few minutes of gameplay at the most, was 114 Megabytes. :shock: I haven't attached it, because the upload time would be absolutely unbearable, and would bring down the whole connection with it. :( Most of the file however seemed to be taken up with lines similar to this (from memory):

Code: Select all

Error: Assert in Warzone (some stuff here) illegal value for y, max 64x64, 28x66, (etc)
Similar messages were also displayed, with x being the offending value. I will see what I can do about uploading the log, I might try a zip file, or maybe just attach part of it, or even copy part of it to a post.

Regards, Searge
I fully realise my input is just another drop in the proverbial bucket. It is my goal to make each drop count.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

I think you can get better compression with 7zip (using the 7z format) on text files.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

Most times 7 zip has better compression on all file types. It is rare that rar or bzip/gzip will come out better. The nice thing about 7z compression is (iirc) the compression algo is public domain.
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

Searge-Major wrote:Now, before I get rubbished for not having beta 7 yet :wink: , I plan to download on the weekend.

System: Windows 7 on an Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4 Ghz w/ 8 GB DDR3 RAM & w/ Nvidia GeForce GT520, no Internet or Network
Program: Warzone 2100 3.1 B4, VSync on, texture size 1024, resolution 1920x1080, fullscreen
The problem is, that 7 minutes into the campaign mission beta 8, the game started jerking, and became unplayable except at 1/40 game speed. I exited Warzone, started again, same problem. I then restarted the computer, and started Warzone again, again the same result, the game was virtually unplayable, except at extremely slow speeds. I made an attempt to play for a few minutes, in the hope that it was just a temporary problem, but gave up shortly afterwards.

I checked the log, and to my amazement the file took ages to load. The reason was that the log, which had only recorded a few minutes of gameplay at the most, was 114 Megabytes. :shock: I haven't attached it, because the upload time would be absolutely unbearable, and would bring down the whole connection with it. :( Most of the file however seemed to be taken up with lines similar to this (from memory):

Code: Select all

Error: Assert in Warzone (some stuff here) illegal value for y, max 64x64, 28x66, (etc)
Similar messages were also displayed, with x being the offending value. I will see what I can do about uploading the log, I might try a zip file, or maybe just attach part of it, or even copy part of it to a post.

Regards, Searge
114 Megabytes :?: don't even bother dude there is a ticket that says those logs won't help anything