3.1 beta4 has been released! (And beta3 has been skipped.)

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Re: 3.1 beta4 has been released! (And beta3 has been skipped

Post by effigy »

zany wrote:
effigy wrote:For some reason I doubt 3.1 will come out of beta testing before saved games are fixed.
is there a list of things that need to be fixed before 3.1 is out of beta? was looking to up vote bugs but I can't seem to do this on that trac thing
I'm not sure if there is a list, but I assume it's whenever any features they want are completed, and all major bugs are fixed.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

zany wrote:start a game play it for awhile then save. try to load it again and you have a good chance of it not working.
Everything I tried so far worked. Ideally you can give us a working savegame and instructions on what to do to break the game (e.g. "load this savegame, research Tank Traps, save → broken").
zany wrote:is there a list of things that need to be fixed before 3.1 is out of beta? was looking to up vote bugs but I can't seem to do this on that trac thing
http://developer.wz2100.net/query?statu ... r=priority
We want information... information... information.
brakenfur
Trained
Trained

Post by brakenfur »

it seems every time i play a mutliplayer game my game crashes no matter what my ping is and this has so far happened on every sinlge beta game i've played since beta 1
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

brakenfur wrote:it seems every time i play a mutliplayer game my game crashes no matter what my ping is and this has so far happened on every sinlge beta game i've played since beta 1
Works for me. Also, crash dumps could be useful.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

brakenfur wrote:it seems every time i play a mutliplayer game my game crashes
Are you using new maps and mods they maybe causing issues also you might have vid drivers problems as the new beta need a slight update of opengl I believe
brakenfur
Trained
Trained

Post by brakenfur »

i think its my computer thats causing it right not sure i can't find any crash logs i'm trying to see if i need to update something
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

Whoa, it has been a while since I had some free time to check out. And really, the new overall appeareance, and that ETA on construction, the new resource system, and other stuff made me drool!

I'll keep checking out, and testing.

Awesome work, devs!
fraggle
Trained
Trained

Post by fraggle »

Hi,

Have still same probs with loading saved game from skirmish.
Sometimes it loads sometimes crashes-

BUT when loaded next fault comes up.

Truck Factory No 1 and 5 have changed there numbers.

And also when truck factory is producing more than 1 kind of tank, after loading only 1 kind is building - all others are still there - but not building.

But worst for me is that about 80% of saved skirmish games cannot be loaded again.

Thx for really nice doing, have a great we
Asgorath
Trained
Trained

Post by Asgorath »

I have issues loading savegames as well :cry:

For detailed information please check http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/3235
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

thanks guys the devs didn't believe me that the savegames were busted. :roll: I am getting different variable numbers for the errors and it don't seem to be doing the same thing more than once.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

zany wrote:thanks guys the devs didn't believe me that the savegames were busted. :roll:
There is a difference between not believing and not being able to reproduce a problem. And you can believe me, that is frustrating for us as well, because we would actually like to fix those issues. I tried to follow Asgorath's instructions, and got a bunch of savegames... that all load. :dash1:
We want information... information... information.
Asgorath
Trained
Trained

Post by Asgorath »

cybersphinx wrote:
zany wrote:thanks guys the devs didn't believe me that the savegames were busted. :roll:
There is a difference between not believing and not being able to reproduce a problem. And you can believe me, that is frustrating for us as well, because we would actually like to fix those issues. I tried to follow Asgorath's instructions, and got a bunch of savegames... that all load. :dash1:
Very mysterious :ninja:
I was somehow able to produce a working and a non-working savegame of the same skirmish-game. Maybe you can reproduce a broken savegame now?

http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/3200#comment:17
Asgorath
Trained
Trained

Post by Asgorath »

I made another experiment.

I started a skirmish-match on Sk-SandCastles-T1, choosing only 1 Nexus AI on medium difficulty as opponent. Sadly it´s not possible to start a game without any opponents.

After the game has started I did nothing except for saving all 30 seconds.

30 - 60 - 90... up to 600.

After that I closed Warzone and started it again.

Then I tried loading one savegame after another.

30 - works

60 - works

90 - works

120 - works

150 - broken

Why is 150 broken??

180 and 210 are broken as well.

To make sure nothing within the game broke, I restarted my computer. Then I tried loading 270, skipping 240.

Guess what? 270 is broken as well...

Please see http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/3200 for savegames and logs and http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/3200#comment:19 for all information.

Somehow we have to figure out what causes the savegame trouble.

If I can help in any way, please let me know and instruct me what to do and what to pay attention at.
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

aubergine wrote:This is a bit ugly:

Would it look nicer if you just made the border around the power bar pulse red when more resources are needed?

Also, I'm not sure "Need more resources!" is much help - experienced players know what to do already, and noobs aren't going to know how to get more resources.
Yes, I'm replying to an old post, but perhaps we could put that old "Power Low" quote that the computer can say (pcv343.ogg) to good use in a future patch? Despite the fact that the number used to indicate current power levels now grows in size to warn players of low power, I feel that it's not noticeable enough, especially during a heated match that requires a player's constant attention.
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

these versions have working save/load games. 2.3.6-2.3.9, 3.0 beta 1-beta 4. any of the 3.1 betas all have problems with save/load games. can't you guys just use the same stuff in 3.0 beta 4 for save/load games?