3.1 beta4 has been released! (And beta3 has been skipped.)

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Re: 3.1 beta4 has been released! (And beta3 has been skipped

Post by Terminator »

Asgorath wrote:
Terminator wrote:
NoQ wrote:Hey, how come the file size is so ... small? Just 60mb. And it works :shock:
I've look, seems like textures size had been reduced significantly (from 2048 > to > 512 ). Will see how its effects on game.
On my notebook nothing changes - thats good :)
In video-settings I can still adjust textures size? 1.10 mod has been removed. Maybe that´s one of the reasons the game is smaller now?
Seems like it dont effect on actual textures if more than 512. what devs says about this ?
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Iluvalar wrote:Change: New keyboard shortcuts for unit selection: ...

We need one for the vtols with full ammo supply, when we select all vtols we send those who are empty or in the charging bay which is not a good thing.
I haven't noticed this, but AFAIK if you're sending vtol to attack a target, only those with ammo will go to the target.

Is anyone having trouble with AutoRepair and units attempting to get to / leave a repair station?

For me AutoRepair has been very difficult to use. I get the feeling it's that the droids never stop moving long enough for auto repair to take effect, though there was one case were I had a truck that was not moving and still not autorepairing. Sometimes setting units to Hold Position helps.

As for the repair station, damaged units block healed units from leaving the repair station, and as such you end up with a high ratio of damge::healed units near repair stations.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

effigy wrote:For me AutoRepair has been very difficult to use. I get the feeling it's that the droids never stop moving long enough for auto repair to take effect, though there was one case were I had a truck that was not moving and still not autorepairing. Sometimes setting units to Hold Position helps.
Note to self: I should try to change how Auto-Repair works by making it work at all times, even while moving. Another note to self: I may need to adjust repair rates significantly in order to balance it out. :ninja:
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

effigy wrote:I haven't noticed this, but AFAIK if you're sending vtol to attack a target, only those with ammo will go to the target.
Confirmed, those without it will immediately return to rearm pads.
But in case of sending them without attacking then it doesn't make difference...
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Beware! Mad Qt Evangelist.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

I use the ctrl+click on the ground for my vtols and they stop rearming. :P
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Trifler
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Trifler »

I'm on the second mission of the campaign and when I saved, I had five units queued and under construction. I just reloaded to continue. As soon as the 5th unit was produced, the Factory re-added another five units to the queue. I checked an I do not have "Loop Production" on. Oh, and this is from a fresh new campaign.

Also, every time I load a game, my units are in a different order, so it is not preserving the order they are listed between saves.
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

Trifler, maybe the same or related to #2983.

Trifler
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Trifler »

Emdek wrote:Trifler, maybe the same or related to #2983.
I don't think so because I checked and the "Loop Production" icon was not on.
Trifler
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Trifler »

It looks like the Plateau mission (Establish a Forward Base) will always fail to trigger completion if you built any structures in the target area in the previous mission (CAM_1C). This results in structures already existing when the mission starts. I've played it 30-40 of times this way and it just times out. This time I intentionally did not build anything there in CAM_1C and then proceeded to the Plateau mission. I built two structures and killed two transport loads of enemy units and the mission was completed with 25 minutes remaining.
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

Trifler wrote:I don't think so because I checked and the "Loop Production" icon was not on.
I mean that underlying issue might be the same, maybe factory data is not saved / loaded properly.

fraggle
Trained
Trained

Post by fraggle »

Hi,

tried several times new Beta 4, and still after saving a game, leaving WZ, start it again and load saved game, it crashes.

I only can load a saved game when not leaving the WZ. This happenend in Beta 2 also.

Thx and keep on rocking
Happy Camper
Trained
Trained

Post by Happy Camper »

effigy wrote: Is anyone having trouble with AutoRepair and units attempting to get to / leave a repair station?
Since Beta1 -> #3146
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

why do all beta releases have savegame problems? :annoyed: they keep fixing other things but savegames are not fixed and it looks like they will drop support for savegames and make this a multiplayer only game :annoyed: :roll: why not roll back the changes so we can have working savegames again?
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

another thing the minimap is on again when HQ is destroyed :roll:
matthewfarmery
Trained
Trained

Post by matthewfarmery »

Trifler wrote:I'm on the second mission of the campaign and when I saved, I had five units queued and under construction. I just reloaded to continue. As soon as the 5th unit was produced, the Factory re-added another five units to the queue. I checked an I do not have "Loop Production" on. Oh, and this is from a fresh new campaign.

Also, every time I load a game, my units are in a different order, so it is not preserving the order they are listed between saves.
I have noticed this too, that the factory is adding units to the product queue after saving and loading a game, and this is using fresh saves, not previous saves from earlier betas, odd thing is, this doesn't happen all the time, but I have noticed this happening twice now, but the exact steps to duplicate isn't easy, as I have tried several times to duplicate it, and loop production is off, as I have never used this feature