Add your two cents if you want to.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Re: 3.1 beta2 has been released!

Post by effigy »

Searge-Major wrote:
PkK wrote:
Try glxinfo. Among the output, there should be lines giving OpenGL vendor, renderer and version:
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: Quadro NVS 290/PCI/SSE2
OpenGL version string: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 290.10

If you can give us the equivalent three lines from your system, we might be able to help more.

Philipp
Thank you. I shall remember this, it is very handy. :)

The three lines are:

Code: Select all

OpenGL vendor string: Tungsten Graphics, Inc
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 915G GEM 20091221 2009Q4 x86/MMX/SSE2
OpenGL version string: 1.4 Mesa 7.7.1
Is there a command to show the driver version, so I can update it? Thank you for helping. :)
I think this is saying that the OpenGL version is 1.4, though the dirver (mesa) version is 7.7.1.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

bug: when the host starts there is too big of a delay between where everyone starts. you have errors in logs and the reason is you allow everyone to keep clicking ready button!
Zi-Chan
Trained
Trained

Post by Zi-Chan »

zany wrote:
Zi-Chan wrote:Hello.

I didn't read all the comments, though i just report a bug, though i don't know what it could be.

Machine: QuadCore AMD Athlon II X4 640, 4GiB RAM
Operating System: Ubuntu Linux 11.04
Compiled 3.1 beta2 myself.

Everything seems to be fine, but one thing... All units take some time to react to an order. I mark a Truck and klick somewhere else and then it takes like 0.33sec till it starts driving, and this is with all units. This makes the game no fun to play at all...
how do you time it?
I don't time. It's just my feeling, as they don't react immediately and i know how long a second goes. :) Hope, beta4 fixes this...
:ninja:
PkK
Trained
Trained

Post by PkK »

Searge-Major wrote:
PkK wrote:
Try glxinfo. Among the output, there should be lines giving OpenGL vendor, renderer and version:
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: Quadro NVS 290/PCI/SSE2
OpenGL version string: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 290.10

If you can give us the equivalent three lines from your system, we might be able to help more.

Philipp
Thank you. I shall remember this, it is very handy. :)

The three lines are:

Code: Select all

OpenGL vendor string: Tungsten Graphics, Inc
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 915G GEM 20091221 2009Q4 x86/MMX/SSE2
OpenGL version string: 1.4 Mesa 7.7.1
Is there a command to show the driver version, so I can update it? Thank you for helping. :)
Which distribution are you using? You probably could update the user-space part of the driver from Mesa 7.7.1 to current Mesa 8.0.1, upgrade to a current kernel to get the current kernel-space part and update libdrm for the glue in between.

Philipp
Searge-Major
Trained
Trained

Post by Searge-Major »

Distro is SimplyMepis 11.0, a KDE-based Debian fork. I tried updating the Mesa drivers, nothing doing. :(

I then downloaded source packages for Mesa-7.11.2 and Mesa-8.0.1, but when compiling, neither got past ./configure, due to unsatisfied dependencies. I spent half a day tracking them down one after the other, but when I got to libc6, I came to a dead end. I could not upgrade it, as it was not available in the repositories that Mepis uses, however I was able to download a .deb package for the latest version. I couldn't install it, as it required the older version to be uninstalled, which in turn required about a Gigabytes worth of packages to be uninstalled as well. :stressed: :stressed: :evil: :dash1:
PkK wrote: Which distribution are you using? You probably could update the user-space part of the driver from Mesa 7.7.1 to current Mesa 8.0.1, upgrade to a current kernel to get the current kernel-space part and update libdrm for the glue in between.
Philipp
Well, libdrm was one of the libraries I chased down as mentioned above, as for upgrading a kernel, I couldn't upgrade using the repositories (again), and I don't know whether I have the skill or experience to do it from source.

Thank you for taking the time to help. :good:
I fully realise my input is just another drop in the proverbial bucket. It is my goal to make each drop count.
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

Distro is SimplyMepis 11.0, a KDE-based Debian fork.
If you are using KDE4 desktop effects, compiz or anything that involves transparency or compositing window managers, turn it off.

The combination of poor OpenGL drivers, weak video cards and compositing window managers is a recipe for failure.
Searge-Major
Trained
Trained

Post by Searge-Major »

stiv wrote:
Distro is SimplyMepis 11.0, a KDE-based Debian fork.
If you are using KDE4 desktop effects, compiz or anything that involves transparency or compositing window managers, turn it off.

The combination of poor OpenGL drivers, weak video cards and compositing window managers is a recipe for failure.
Not sure about desktop effects, but the desktop is not flash-looking and doesn't have any gfx that I can tell. Compiz is definitely turned off, and has been since day 1 (and nothing anyone can say will make me turn it back on... :ninja: ).

Just wondering, could someone perhaps build an rpm of Warzone? :beg: Because as long as I can get it to install, there's a Mageia computer right next to me with virtually the same specs, but it has Mesa 7.10.2. :shock:
I fully realise my input is just another drop in the proverbial bucket. It is my goal to make each drop count.