3.1 beta2 has been released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Searge-Major
Trained
Trained

Re: 3.1 beta2 has been released!

Post by Searge-Major »

After much pain and strife (including borking a Mageia linux computer), :stressed: I have finally got 3.1b2. So I am quite annoyed (not with anyone here though, just clarifying :) ) to find that whenever I start a game, it crashes, even on texture size 128. I know the hardware I am using is old, and the lack of a video card is certainly a factor, but 2.3.9 ran without issues like this, so is there any options I can set apart from texture sizes and screen resolution?

I realise the problem is with the hardware I use, but as it isn't mine, I can't improve/replace it. :(
I do have my own computer, but it does not have access to internet, and I am waiting for the next release of Mageia Linux in any case. The current hardware: Pentium 4 processor @ 3.00 Ghz, 1 GB RAM, onboard video, Mepis Linux.
I fully realise my input is just another drop in the proverbial bucket. It is my goal to make each drop count.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Searge-Major wrote:After much pain and strife (including borking a Mageia linux computer), :stressed: I have finally got 3.1b2. So I am quite annoyed (not with anyone here though, just clarifying :) ) to find that whenever I start a game, it crashes, even on texture size 128. I know the hardware I am using is old, and the lack of a video card is certainly a factor, but 2.3.9 ran without issues like this, so is there any options I can set apart from texture sizes and screen resolution?

I realise the problem is with the hardware I use, but as it isn't mine, I can't improve/replace it. :(
I do have my own computer, but it does not have access to internet, and I am waiting for the next release of Mageia Linux in any case. The current hardware: Pentium 4 processor @ 3.00 Ghz, 1 GB RAM, onboard video, Mepis Linux.
The only thing you can do is try different video drivers, and inform people to stop buying SiS / S3 / intel 965 and lower hardware.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Searge-Major
Trained
Trained

Post by Searge-Major »

vexed wrote: The only thing you can do is try different video drivers, and inform people to stop buying SiS / S3 / intel 965 and lower hardware.
Where can I get drivers? I tried the Intel site, but couldn't find any drivers for linux, and google wasn't much help either, though I did find this site, I couldn't find anything for this machine, though come to think of it, I don't know which graphics chip it has. :(
I fully realise my input is just another drop in the proverbial bucket. It is my goal to make each drop count.
Asgorath
Trained
Trained

Post by Asgorath »

Do you guys find out why there is no acoustical message/warning when being attacked? When I play games on greater maps it´s difficult to have an eye on every troupe seperated all over the map just for looking if they may be attacked right now.

Or is it just me having this problem?
fraggle
Trained
Trained

Post by fraggle »

RE: saved Games

Hi, get probs with saved games again. Sometimes its loading correct, sometimes not.

Have attached last crashed game.

Thx and nice we
Attachments
savegames.rar
crashed loaded game
(135.43 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Asgorath wrote:Do you guys find out why there is no acoustical message/warning when being attacked? When I play games on greater maps it´s difficult to have an eye on every troupe seperated all over the map just for looking if they may be attacked right now.

Fixed for next beta.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Asgorath
Trained
Trained

Post by Asgorath »

vexed wrote:
Asgorath wrote:Do you guys find out why there is no acoustical message/warning when being attacked? When I play games on greater maps it´s difficult to have an eye on every troupe seperated all over the map just for looking if they may be attacked right now.

Fixed for next beta.
Great news =)
Thank you! :)
The Dominion of Duat
Trained
Trained

Post by The Dominion of Duat »

for some reason i can only play the beta for about 5 to 10 minutes then the game randomly crashes. hardware and OS is not an issue, i have checked it myself. any suggestions as to what it might be?
"Darkness is light turned inside out." ~Beezlebub
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

The Dominion of Duat wrote:for some reason i can only play the beta for about 5 to 10 minutes then the game randomly crashes. hardware and OS is not an issue, i have checked it myself. any suggestions as to what it might be?
Is there and *.rpt file in your logs directory, or stderr in the exe directory?
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Asgorath
Trained
Trained

Post by Asgorath »

It seems like the AI, no matter if Semperfi or Nexus, doesn´t notice if a player builds hardcrete. AI-Units always try to drive to a point beyond the hardcrete as if it wouldn´t exist which makes them driving against it all the time until they get killed easily.

And if they don´t get killed they drive against the hardcrete till the end...

These two screenshots just show an example, it can be reproduced without a problem.
wz2100-20120218_224905-Sk-SandCastles-T1.jpg
wz2100-20120218_225246-Sk-SandCastles-T1.jpg
Attachments
drive_semperfi_insane.7z
If you want to have a look at it ingame
(79.05 KiB) Downloaded 377 times
Zi-Chan
Trained
Trained

Post by Zi-Chan »

Hello.

I didn't read all the comments, though i just report a bug, though i don't know what it could be.

Machine: QuadCore AMD Athlon II X4 640, 4GiB RAM
Operating System: Ubuntu Linux 11.04
Compiled 3.1 beta2 myself.

Everything seems to be fine, but one thing... All units take some time to react to an order. I mark a Truck and klick somewhere else and then it takes like 0.33sec till it starts driving, and this is with all units. This makes the game no fun to play at all...
:ninja:
Zi-Chan
Trained
Trained

Post by Zi-Chan »

Sorry for double posting. O_o
:ninja:
PkK
Trained
Trained

Post by PkK »

Searge-Major wrote:
vexed wrote: The only thing you can do is try different video drivers, and inform people to stop buying SiS / S3 / intel 965 and lower hardware.
Where can I get drivers? I tried the Intel site, but couldn't find any drivers for linux, and google wasn't much help either, though I did find this site, I couldn't find anything for this machine, though come to think of it, I don't know which graphics chip it has. :(
Try glxinfo. Among the output, there should be lines giving OpenGL vendor, renderer and version:
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: Quadro NVS 290/PCI/SSE2
OpenGL version string: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 290.10

If you can give us the equivalent three lines from your system, we might be able to help more.

Philipp
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

Zi-Chan wrote:Hello.

I didn't read all the comments, though i just report a bug, though i don't know what it could be.

Machine: QuadCore AMD Athlon II X4 640, 4GiB RAM
Operating System: Ubuntu Linux 11.04
Compiled 3.1 beta2 myself.

Everything seems to be fine, but one thing... All units take some time to react to an order. I mark a Truck and klick somewhere else and then it takes like 0.33sec till it starts driving, and this is with all units. This makes the game no fun to play at all...
how do you time it?
Searge-Major
Trained
Trained

Post by Searge-Major »

PkK wrote:
Try glxinfo. Among the output, there should be lines giving OpenGL vendor, renderer and version:
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: Quadro NVS 290/PCI/SSE2
OpenGL version string: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 290.10

If you can give us the equivalent three lines from your system, we might be able to help more.

Philipp
Thank you. I shall remember this, it is very handy. :)

The three lines are:

Code: Select all

OpenGL vendor string: Tungsten Graphics, Inc
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 915G GEM 20091221 2009Q4 x86/MMX/SSE2
OpenGL version string: 1.4 Mesa 7.7.1
Is there a command to show the driver version, so I can update it? Thank you for helping. :)