Add your two cents if you want to.
matthewfarmery
Trained
Trained

Re: 3.1 beta2 has been released!

Post by matthewfarmery »

sound volume ingame works fine for me, windows 7 here as well

@Trifler
yeah not been able to design units on away mission is a real bummer, I hope it gets changed in the next update, as its really needed, like the last alpha mission, changing your trucks to hover trucks etc. so yeah, hope it gets changed
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

mescaline wrote:2)in campaign in all missions whereyou need to fly to somewhere, on new map losing tank project menu and map(on beta1 it was fine)
Fixed for the next release.
We want information... information... information.
Happy Camper
Trained
Trained

Post by Happy Camper »

I played a couple of skirmish games with the standard AI. It seems to be performing better than the masters I tried, although it is still worse than 2.x (Linux 64bit, Geforce GT-430).
AI has improved, but there seems to be problem with cyborgs: They gather in one place of the base and wait for me to kill them.
Furthermore, AI builds lots of useless sensor towers around derricks.

What I find annoying is that a group of units sent to certain position clumps together at the target. Not only they are easy targets for air or artillery attacks, it is also a tedious task to free some of the units from this flashmob. Sometimes the units I need simply refuse to leave the party even when they positioned at the fringe of the gathering.

And autorepair does not work most of the time #3146.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

@Happy - which AI are you using? Have you tried nullbot?
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

zydonk wrote:WZ 3.1.2 crashes when trying to start new game with 1.10 mod.
Unfortunately nobody is maintaining the 1.10 mod, and it broke at some unknown point. So far I haven't been able to fix it, and if noone does, it'll have to be removed.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

cybersphinx wrote:
zydonk wrote:WZ 3.1.2 crashes when trying to start new game with 1.10 mod.
Unfortunately nobody is maintaining the 1.10 mod, and it broke at some unknown point. So far I haven't been able to fix it, and if noone does, it'll have to be removed.
Also note, that while it is called 1.10 mod, and yeah, the stats are from 1.10, that does *not* mean that it will play like 1.10 did. Lots of things changed under the hood that pretty much renders the 1.10 stats inadequate for many weapons.

I think it would be best to just remove that mod.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

I agree. I think time and energy would be better spent making a new build of 1.10 from the original sources, with some of the most important fixes from this project backported to it. That version could then be run under emulation (eg WINE), I suppose. But this would require some Windows-based developer taking time to do it.
Happy Camper
Trained
Trained

Post by Happy Camper »

aubergine wrote:@Happy - which AI are you using? Have you tried nullbot?
I've been using Nexus so far. Although it makes ridiculous mistakes (from a human point of view - I know that AI programming is not trivial), it can give you a hard time if it opts for the tank research branch.
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Per wrote:I agree. I think time and energy would be better spent making a new build of 1.10 from the original sources, with some of the most important fixes from this project backported to it. That version could then be run under emulation (eg WINE), I suppose. But this would require some Windows-based developer taking time to do it.
There's an exe of delphinio's 110 mod available here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6111.

Doesn't like map-mods. Otherwise plays very sweetly.
flybyray
Rookie
Rookie

Post by flybyray »

Hello,
i watched the bug list and cant find a bug regarding display settings.

If i use the larger text function ( http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... or-smaller ) in Windows 7 x64 SP1 Ultimate, with a native 1920x1080 resolution, the game uses wrong dpi settings in fullscreen and windowed mode. i cant see the menues or radar at the border in game anymore.

plz create a bug report for that i didnt see the web function for creating a bug report.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

flybyray wrote:Hello,

If i use the larger text function ( http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... or-smaller ) in Windows 7 x64 SP1 Ultimate, with a native 1920x1080 resolution, the game uses wrong dpi settings in fullscreen and windowed mode. i cant see the menues or radar at the border in game anymore.

plz create a bug report for that i didnt see the web function for creating a bug report.
http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

flybyray wrote:Hello,

Though, in this case, it really isn't a bug in that the GUI don't really support what you are talking about. It is a pretty generic GUI with no built in smarts to expand when needed.
About the best you can do is specify a custom resolution, and hope it fixes it that way.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
flybyray
Rookie
Rookie

Post by flybyray »

vexed wrote:
flybyray wrote:...
Though, in this case, it really isn't a bug
That´s true! But it is not Windows 7 compatible or compliant, perhaps Vista too.
The best i can do is. Using a second user account with all user appearance set to default.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

It's just windows being stupid and scaling the whole window, set it to use XP style scaling as mentioned on the page you linked to.

Edit: Bah, and after going 150% and back, it doesn't properly restore font sizes, need to select a default theme and customize that again.
flybyray
Rookie
Rookie

Post by flybyray »

thx cybersphinx.
another solution is a per application setting.
- right click warzone2100.exe
- "Properties"->"Compatibility"
- check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings".