3.1 beta1 has been released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Asgorath
Trained
Trained

Re: 3.1 beta1 has been released!

Post by Asgorath »

First of all - another great release! The game runs very fine for me, no more stuttering when moving the camera =)

But still, like sensor wrote already, the game keeps crashing when loading a saved game for the second time :augh:
--- Starting log ---
info |12:27:13: [findEngineForPlayer] Script context for player 8 not found
info |12:27:13: [findEngineForPlayer] Assert in Warzone: qtscript.cpp:487 (false), last script event: '<none>'
And another funny thing:
The game creates two folders in my own documents.
"Warzone 2100 3.1" and "Warzone 2100 master". The folder "Warzone 2100 3.1" contains all sub-folders and it´s content exept for the one file that is placed in: "Warzone 2100 master" folder, which only contains the sub-folder "logs" and this folder only contains the .rpt-file.
Two_Folders.jpg
Two_Folders_II.jpg
Attachments
logs.7z
Logs for crashing game when loading a saved game
(1.65 KiB) Downloaded 374 times
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Reg312 wrote:i found nice feature, see players list on screenshot below and note its Sk-Rush!
i did not clicked any ready buttons, just joined full room :)
wz2100-20120130_220818-Sk-Rush.png

Bug report more useful :P :arrow: #3089
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

After the CC is destroyed you still have the mini-map, as-well-as blips... is that a feature?
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

effigy wrote:After the CC is destroyed you still have the mini-map, as-well-as blips... is that a feature?
Hm, I thought things should be as in 2.3.
We want information... information... information.
matthewfarmery
Trained
Trained

Post by matthewfarmery »

not sure if someone has reported this or its a known bug, but when I design vehicles with weapon systems, (chaingun for example) then save and load, when I go back to any factory, the template for that unit is gone, oddly only the truck unit seems to be unaffected, but in the design window all the designs are still there

started a fresh game and can duplicate this every time, has this been reported or should I do a bug report for it?

edit
deleting the template and recreating it is the only workaround at least from my testing, but saving and loading deletes the template from the factory menu again
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

It's mentioned in #3093, but since that contains another problem a separate ticket would be good.
We want information... information... information.
matthewfarmery
Trained
Trained

Post by matthewfarmery »

bug submitted, I choose build system for the component, not sure if I choose right or not, but the ticket is

http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/3094
brakenfur
Trained
Trained

Post by brakenfur »

so far so good haven't really had any really problems exexpt for a couple of crashes
fxgher
Greenhorn

Post by fxgher »

I found that even if a single enemy unit is approaching my positions, the sensor takes aim on it, and stops direct fire bunkers/hardpoints (well within range) from shooting at the enemy. in my opinion the engine shoud care about not wasting artillery fire and leaving direct fire weapons free. if we want some more "help" from the engine, it shoud always select direct fire for moving enemy units, and assign support artillery fire for slow moving ones. moreover, when we have very high damage/slow reloading weapons mixed with high ROF/small damage (say gauss+assault MG) it should select the gauss to shoot in the pack, and AMG to shoot at single targets.
I dont' know if this is to be considered a bug, a feature request or what... so please advice me.
fxgher
fraggle
Trained
Trained

Post by fraggle »

Hi out there,

Beta 3.0.1 looks very good in rendering.
Found somthing:
saved games could not be loaded any more - crashes always.

And I dont know if it should be or if its a bug. Situation:
lets take f.e. a hard lancertower. In front an enemy tank. a little more in distance an enemy oil derrick.
now the tower fires at the oil derrick, not to the enemy tank which is much closer to the tower.

But you can try. I am very satisfied with this version. great job done. thx a lot to all of you.
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

fxgher wrote:I found that even if a single enemy unit is approaching my positions, the sensor takes aim on it, and stops direct fire bunkers/hardpoints (well within range) from shooting at the enemy.
I think that direct fire and indirect fire should be separated except for if direct fire says "I've got it!" indirect will target something else :wink:
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

fraggle wrote:Hi out there,

Beta 3.0.1 looks very good in rendering.
Found somthing:
saved games could not be loaded any more - crashes always.

And I dont know if it should be or if its a bug. Situation:
lets take f.e. a hard lancertower. In front an enemy tank. a little more in distance an enemy oil derrick.
now the tower fires at the oil derrick, not to the enemy tank which is much closer to the tower.

But you can try. I am very satisfied with this version. great job done. thx a lot to all of you.
We have alway seen the structure 150% farther than the units, you have a clue for distant structure before units. Since the line of fire was merged with the real visibilitysorry cloned from the real visibility formula, your units might see enemies structure far away but not the unit approaching yet. Even if in range. The same will happen with cliffs or hill in the way, your lancer tower might not have a line of sight with the unit.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
fraggle
Trained
Trained

Post by fraggle »

Iluvalar wrote:
We have alway seen the structure 150% farther than the units, you have a clue for distant structure before units. Since the line of fire was merged with the real visibilitysorry cloned from the real visibility formula, your units might see enemies structure far away but not the unit approaching yet. Even if in range. The same will happen with cliffs or hill in the way, your lancer tower might not have a line of sight with the unit.
Hi, yep thats what I mean. But do you change this in future or ???
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

I believe your concern is only that, you'd like to have your lancer keep it ammo for the tank that is coming ? But that kind of micro AI is hard to make perfect. Would it be rational that all weapons in the game take instant decision from information they do not see by themself ? Will that tank behind the cliff WILL enter in line of sight anyway ? Would you prefer your lancer to hold his ammo, and never shoot because there is a tank out of sight ?

I just thought again : sometime the micro ai, will prefer other units because they have better chance to kill them (low hp) even if, there is a theoretical better target for them.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
fraggle
Trained
Trained

Post by fraggle »

Iluvalar wrote:I believe your concern is only that, you'd like to have your lancer keep it ammo for the tank that is coming ? But that kind of micro AI is hard to make perfect. Would it be rational that all weapons in the game take instant decision from information they do not see by themself ? Will that tank behind the cliff WILL enter in line of sight anyway ? Would you prefer your lancer to hold his ammo, and never shoot because there is a tank out of sight ?

I just thought again : sometime the micro ai, will prefer other units because they have better chance to kill them (low hp) even if, there is a theoretical better target for them.
But the version before beta and also 2.3.9 all will fight nearest enemy.

This case: I come with 10 trucks and 10 tanks in front of a line of station weapons. Let my trucks build something, and meanwhile can fight the station weapons cause they dont attack my tanks, cause atting the building. In this case they MUST attack the tanks!! but dont do it.
A balance here for that prob will be nice i think.

thx for always quick reply