3.1 beta1 has been released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: 3.1 beta1 has been released!

Post by vexed »

Spiritforged wrote:i have an error that i can't even start playing the game, when i click the icon, it changes the screen resolution, then goes back and a window pops up that says:
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
[screenInitialise] OpenGL 1.4 is not supported by your system. The game requires this. Please update your graphics drivers/hardware, if possible.

Please check your stderr.text file in the same directory as the program file for more details.
Do not forget to upload both the stderr.text file and the warzone2100.rpt file in your bug reports!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i am on a windows xp. can anyone help?
What is your gfx card ? Usually, new video drivers will help, but we can't tell you what to get, if we don't know what hardware you have, of if it supports openGL or not.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

themac, I've hit identical issue more than one year ago, first two saves from first mission of campaign Alpha worked fine but next one failed.
But since then it was fixed and I went through campaign month ago (those mentioned saves).
So you have this issue with campaign or skirmish?
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Beware! Mad Qt Evangelist.
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Emdek wrote:themac, I've hit identical issue more than one year ago, first two saves from first mission of campaign Alpha worked fine but next one failed.
But since then it was fixed and I went through campaign month ago (those mentioned saves).
So you have this issue with campaign or skirmish?
The prob that appeared with v2.3.7 had to do with map-mods. I assume there's a different cause this time. With this reload prob, 3.1 is unplayable in sk. Hope it can be fixed soon.

btw Am I to assume that v3.1 is a branching from master, or is it the master itself re-designated?
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

zydonk, it's branched, but at least some changes go to both master and this branch.

themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

Hello all, I did not try the campaign but the skirmish game. I used Warzone "as is", no changes, no mods. Only the very first savegame (of 10) was being able to be loaded again. It is hard to test a beta version in long-play while not being able to save the game to resume it later. :-/
Spiritforged
New user

Post by Spiritforged »

vexed wrote:
Spiritforged wrote:i have an error that i can't even start playing the game, when i click the icon, it changes the screen resolution, then goes back and a window pops up that says:
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
[screenInitialise] OpenGL 1.4 is not supported by your system. The game requires this. Please update your graphics drivers/hardware, if possible.

Please check your stderr.text file in the same directory as the program file for more details.
Do not forget to upload both the stderr.text file and the warzone2100.rpt file in your bug reports!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i am on a windows xp. can anyone help?
What is your gfx card ? Usually, new video drivers will help, but we can't tell you what to get, if we don't know what hardware you have, of if it supports openGL or not.
i went to Start and Run and searched dxdiag, and went to the display tab. I believe this is the relative information:

Name (i think this is the gfx card) Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
DAC Type: Internal
Approx 96.0 MB
Current Display: 1152x864 (32 bit)(75 Hz)

then under the 'Drivers' section
Main Driver: ialmrnt5.dll

Thanks for the help thus far.
"A new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever.
I am legend."

"Remember tonight, for it is the beginning of always." - Dante Alighieri
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Spiritforged wrote:Name (i think this is the gfx card) Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
According to http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/i ... 009175.htm that only supports OpenGL 1.3.
We want information... information... information.
Spiritforged
New user

Post by Spiritforged »

cybersphinx wrote:
Spiritforged wrote:Name (i think this is the gfx card) Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
According to http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/i ... 009175.htm that only supports OpenGL 1.3.
so do i need a new gfx card 0r what?
"A new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever.
I am legend."

vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Spiritforged wrote:
cybersphinx wrote:
so do i need a new gfx card 0r what?
Pretty much, that is a really, really old chipset.
If you are going to upgrade, stay away from intel & S3. Stick with Nvidia & AMD Radeon.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

Spiritforged, if you have PCI Express x16 slot (mine system with i915 Intel crap, I mean card, thankfully has one), you can try some Radeon HD 5xxx or 6xxx cards, x570 models are enough powerful, cheap and low power hungry.
Anyway, when I've tried master some time ago then it worked fine with that also OpenGL 1.3 only GPU for me, however it shown warning that 2.0 is recommended.

Spiritforged
New user

Post by Spiritforged »

okay, thanks guys, i'm looking into getting an new one right now. thanks for all the help
I am legend."

mescaline
Greenhorn

Post by mescaline »

I dunno why, but when I'm playing, all tanks are grey, doesnt matter color i choose. Also my opponent's tanks are grey. On map all good, divers are last
what can I do with all of this stuff?
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

mescaline, which OpenGL version is supported by your drivers (which OS, card model)?

gashinshotan
New user

Post by gashinshotan »

On Ubuntu 11.10 from both repository and source I have a problem where loading a saved game results in all factories being unable to produce units because the icons to click on the units are missing! Its frustrating because its basically unplayable unless I'm willing to play an entire game straight.
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

another bug.
when you zoom all the way out your buildings looked damaged even if they are at full health