New master snapshot 20120109 has been released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
zany
Trained
Trained

Re: New master snapshot 20120109 has been released!

Post by zany »

f*****g A dudes!
finally the fps problems are fixed I am getting over 1400 constant now!!
you can burn that qt bullshit in hell and never go back to that piece of crap again!!
since trac doesn't work reporting bugs I list them here
1)can't toggle vertical sync on or off
2)on connection error the map preview screen gets shrunk down to postage stamp size and no matter what you do by going back to other menus the background is still that map preview screen and nothing else
3)you can't click on the minimap to move the camera to that location. you must wiggle position while holding down right mouse button it then pops to that location
4)FSAA doesn't go high enough
5)the enter IP box is not centered
6)the mouse pointer is white now in 2.3.9 we can toggle it to white or colors
7)trap cursor don't work
8)screen shake don't work
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

playing http://www.moddb.com/games/ntw version the only problems that I see is the same as 4 the rest works fine!
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

zany wrote:f**k A dudes!
finally the fps problems are fixed I am getting over 1400 constant now!!
you can burn that qt crap in hell and never go back to that piece of crap again!!
since trac doesn't work reporting bugs I list them here
2)on connection error the map preview screen gets shrunk down to postage stamp size and no matter what you do by going back to other menus the background is still that map preview screen and nothing else
3)you can't click on the minimap to move the camera to that location. you must wiggle position while holding down right mouse button it then pops to that location
7)trap cursor don't work
http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/BugReporting
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

zany wrote:3)you can't click on the minimap to move the camera to that location. you must wiggle position while holding down right mouse button it then pops to that location
Works for me.
7)trap cursor don't work
Works for me.
We want information... information... information.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

JDW wrote:Most WZ gamers (on Windows) who play online hesitate to install a new master release because they don't want to have to download a fresh new exe file all over again. Is it possible to have some sort of patch EXE file that can be applied over previous master installations? If so, that would encourage more people to try the master releases. This is simply feedback. Not a request. :)
Is the point of this to have smaller downloads to for master?

Otherwise, If that's true, most Windows users would benefit from knowing that you can choose the installation directory after downloading new releases/nightlies. I'm in the habbit installing master nightlies to Warzone 2100 Master. Until recently I had master releases going to Warzone 2100 Qt.

Now that the default is to install to a directory named after the release title I recommend uninstalling previous master installations before installing an updated version.
Attachments
wzstartmenu.jpg
wzstartmenu.jpg (103.55 KiB) Viewed 9897 times
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Stored templates allows you to circumvent the restriction on when you can add templates. This was known, and we are thinking about ways to fix this.
Probably the upcoming templates should be somehow grayed out, with a "build a CC to activate new templates" tooltip?
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

zany wrote: since trac doesn't work reporting bugs I list them here
What error message did it give you ?
Confirmed.
Hmm...
Confirmed.
Funny enough, if you edit the config file to turn on vsync, then there is no issue. I think the problem is that we are rendering too fast and we are getting timing issues of some kind. Seems to work fine if under 60fps though.
Eh ? How high you want it to go ? 16x is plenty for this game, and any more won't really help.
Yes, before it was a software cursor, I am unsure at this point if we will bring that in, or just use SDL 1.3 (2.0) which supports colored hardware cursors. The Qt version does still have colored hardware cursors though.
7)trap cursor don't work
For 6, meh :) For 7 & 8, those work for me.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Having just opened rules.js, i was surprised to see the following code:

Code: Select all

var factories = enumStruct(me, "A0LightFactory").length + enumStruct(me, "A0CyborgFactory").length;
	var droids = enumDroid(me).length;

// Losing Conditions
	if (droids == 0 && factories == 0)
	{
		var gameLost = true;
Why don't VTOL factories count? VTOLs can be pretty scary, even though we don't have a VTOL truck :hmm:
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

I think it was always this way, at least I tried to make a 1:1 port of the old rules. I guess that the intention was that you lose the game if you lose all your builders and have no ability to produce builders anymore.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Just checked on 2.3.9. I don't loose when i have exactly one VTOL factory and nothing else.

I don't think i'd have any troubles rebuilding the world when i have no enemies, even if i don't have a brand-new builder in my hands right now.
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

zany wrote:finally the fps problems are fixed I am getting over 1400 constant now!!
you can burn that qt crap in hell and never go back to that piece of crap again!!
For me SDL backend seems to cause bigger CPU usage, but I would need to test both side by side using the same savegame...
Also don't get bad impression about Qt itself, it was just bad idea to use it that way how it was used in WZ backend.
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Beware! Mad Qt Evangelist.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Been playing on this snapshot release quite a bit now and just wanted to say I'm really impressed with how the game is developing. Great work WZ team!
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Safety0ff
Trained
Trained

Post by Safety0ff »

Emdek wrote:
zany wrote:finally the fps problems are fixed I am getting over 1400 constant now!!
For me SDL backend seems to cause bigger CPU usage, but I would need to test both side by side using the same savegame...
Also don't get bad impression about Qt itself, it was just bad idea to use it that way how it was used in WZ backend.
If vsync state is different between the two then I would expect a difference in cpu usage (especially since wz rendering is cpu heavy,) there's a patch in the pipes (#3054) to make vsync work equivalently between sdl and qt.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

On Sk-Startup (T1) against Semperfi AI (scavengers also enabled), researched items sometimes don't clear down at the research facilities - anyone else getting this problem?
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

aubergine wrote:On Sk-Startup (T1) against Semperfi AI (scavengers also enabled), researched items sometimes don't clear down at the research facilities - anyone else getting this problem?
We want information... information... information.