Again lots of changes since the last snapshot. This one will hopefully lead to a 3.1 release soon (yes, we'll skip 3.0, since things are quite different than in the 3.0 betas). For one thing, window and input is by default handled by SDL again, hopefully solving Qt-related performance problems some people were seeing. For comparison, a Qt-version is also available here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... p/download. Put the expanded warzone2100qt.exe into your Warzone folder and run it instead of the normal one. On Linux, run "./configure --with-backend=qt", then compile and run as usual. The lobby login support is gone again for now, since unfortunately nobody had time to fix some outstanding issues.
Also, thanks to Emdek who played through it and tested fixes, the campaign should be completable now. And there is support for stored templates, where you can save a unit design, and it'll appear in your build menu automatically once all required research is done.
- Change: Stored templates. Automatically adds a unit design when all needed research is available (#1946, a6fa286dcf, add866851b, 95bdafdffb, e3a981c4f8, 4f1b79d3d9, 4edc0d77a6)
- Change: Don't give back power when a power generator gets destroyed (7b66301950)
- Fix: Move units out of the way before building something (9534b4c0bd)
- Fix: Direct fire target prediction (acd0587f82)
- Fix: Homing projectiles (e727873581, 35d3fec146)
- Fix: Loading of units in transporters (#2889, #2959, 93a6d7ba74)
- Fix: Unload units closer to their transporter (1646499fcb)
- Fix: Properly abort research after cancelling (#2977, 4b355aa060)
- Fix: Correct visibility on game start (#2964, 2d4e1e1314)
- Fix: Correct the remaining progress bar after research (#2966, 4bf70ca7c5)
- Fix: Don't allow placing blueprints next to each other (#2999, 79d8d2251e)
- Fix: Don't crash when clicking fast on a transporter (a35ff1e8fe)
- Fix: Don't crash when placing beacons (3462f7b5cd)
- Fix: Reset components between games (4e66209506)
- Fix: Allow queuing of multiple modules (#2997, 3dfc823394)
- Fix: Queuing of oil barrels and artifacts (#2725, ade80e83c7)
- Fix: Allow taking control of allied team in mission Gamma 4 again (#1855, a4a10cf6ec)
- Fix: Recognize recovered artifact in mission Gamma 5 (#3027, 8cca01dfe2)
- Fix: Make mission Gamma 6 work (555cb0dfa7)
- Fix: Ignore buildings on start or destination (#2978, 0119eda53f)
- Fix: Don't pathfind through satellite uplinks (1e2c71cccd)
- Fix: Actually use all waypoints (1cc62d6d9d, ca0c37acfd)
- Fix: Don't cross entire map to reach unreachable objects (9e6b7c31cb)
- Fix: Recoil animation matches the fired projectiles (5e1f159d4b)
- Fix: Projectile graphics (#354, c93bfb237d, 82e00bf774, 11cd71892d)
- Change: Add a short delay for the hover map preview (85974cab80)
- Change: Make UI respond instantly when holding/cancelling production/research (5c2cf9fa06)
- Fix: Use correct colour for scavengers in the map preview (b62e7d3358)
- Update: Turkish (#2963, #3001, 9ea22074d1, 39040429f5)
- Update: German (#2967, #3035, 075e18828c, c4200b9cd5)
- Update: Polish (#1347, 89a282ba9b)
- Update: Spanish (#3021, 3e982b66c8)
- Update: Hungarian (#3025, 1d77a69ae8)
Full list of changes: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2100/compare/master_20111204...master_20120109
This release probably contains bugs, please report them so they can be fixed. If you have trouble getting the game to work at all, consider a forum thread, you will probably get help faster that way.
See BugReporting for details, in short:
- Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in git, the ticket will be closed.
- If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
- If there is no report yet, make a new ticket (one per issue).
- Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
- The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems (or the other way around, the harder it is for us to reproduce a problem, the less likely it is to get fixed), so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems... whatever is relevant.
- When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
As usual, downloads can be found on our download page or directly on Sourceforge. Direct download links:
Source (Linux): http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... z/download
Windows: http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... e/download
Mac: http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... g/download