New master snapshot 20111107 has been released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Re: New master snapshot 20111107 has been released!

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

Heres the latest.

Command Turrets: Does seem to work after save/load. BUT, the link graphic does not appear to show that is still is in affect and the number of attached units shows as 0/16 or whatever. UNassigned factories cannot produce units weather the commanders are full or not. I did not get a chance to test against no prior assignments. This does not cross between missions though it will still affect you even if you save and reload.

No more time to test tonight, this does need a bug report and a lot more testing. This seriously cripples the command turret.
ledzgio
Greenhorn

Post by ledzgio »

This version has lots of differences from the official version, I like it...but I played ma multiplayer game with my friends (everybody in the same LAN) and the gameplay is too slow and it crashed after 15 minutes playing.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

ledzgio wrote:This version has lots of differences from the official version, I like it...but I played ma multiplayer game with my friends (everybody in the same LAN) and the gameplay is too slow and it crashed after 15 minutes playing.
Please post a crash dump report so that we can fix it. Is it also slow in skirmish?
ledzgio
Greenhorn

Post by ledzgio »

Per wrote: Please post a crash dump report so that we can fix it. Is it also slow in skirmish?
I just tried a multiplayer game. Attached are the log files found in logs directory but I don't know how much useful that could be and I don't know how to get a crash dump, also beacuse I have removed the master snapshot after the crash.
Attachments
logs.zip
warzone master logs
(2.75 KiB) Downloaded 370 times
Asgorath
Trained
Trained

Post by Asgorath »

Since this master the green bar, showing how many energy will be deducted for researching/building something, is missing.
http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/2940

But I like that you can see how much minus you have (concerning the energy) 8-)
Trifler
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Trifler »

I've tried out both the 2.3.9 release and the newest snapshot to see what the deal is with the power deduction. I have to say I MUCH prefer the 2.3.9 method where the power bar would rapidly deduct the power vs. the 20111107 snapshot. I'd really like to see the old method put back. It's a really cool feature that makes it look more thought out. If it bothers some people (I can't see why) then add it to the Options menu (but use the original method by default). I don't like the way the energy bar doesn't have the deduction animation anymore where you can actually see the bar shrink. Now it just changes instantly without the animation.

I like the ETA but could it be added to the research window as well so we can see it when we're designing? That would be great.

Also, in the change log, you forgot to mention that the maximum allowed texture size was increased to 2048 and a FSAA setting was added to the Video Options menu.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

If it bothers some people (I can't see why) then add it to the Options menu (but use the original method by default).
How are you going to play multiplayer games if it takes a different amount of time for different players to pay for a unit?
I can't see why
Because it makes the game more complicated and unclear. Because it decreases the amount of unnecessary senseless micromanagement like "i don't want to wait until all 5 tanks are paid before starting production, so i'd pause the other 4 until the first one is ready to be produced".

Also, not sure if you noticed, the power system that was there in the previous master snapshots is completely different from what we have in 2.3. We're actually on our way back to what we had in 2.3, not getting away from it.
Trifler
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Trifler »

NoQ wrote:
If it bothers some people (I can't see why) then add it to the Options menu (but use the original method by default).
How are you going to play multiplayer games if it takes a different amount of time for different players to pay for a unit?
I can't see why
Because it makes the game more complicated and unclear. Because it decreases the amount of unnecessary senseless micromanagement like "i don't want to wait until all 5 tanks are paid before starting production, so i'd pause the other 4 until the first one is ready to be produced".

Also, not sure if you noticed, the power system that was there in the previous master snapshots is completely different from what we have in 2.3. We're actually on our way back to what we had in 2.3, not getting away from it.
I wanted to download 2.3 just to check on that but the .exe no longer seems to be available.

Also the main point of my comment was about how there's no animation of the amount deducted anymore. It's simply deducted. The animation can be there regardless of what system is used. You can have the production start immediately without waiting for the animation to complete.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Hmm. On second thought, good idea (:

Still animate the power being paid, while not waiting for it to gather before starting producing. At least, show the main power bar going down rapidly instead of instantly. Makes sense (:
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

Trifler wrote: Also the main point of my comment was about how there's no animation of the amount deducted anymore. It's simply deducted. The animation can be there regardless of what system is used. You can have the production start immediately without waiting for the animation to complete.
yes this could be made but on the other hand this can made some people confuse and think he still got some power left
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Trifler wrote:Also, in the change log, you forgot to mention that the maximum allowed texture size was increased to 2048 and a FSAA setting was added to the Video Options menu.
In the announcement, only the changes since the last release are mentioned. If you want to see... well, not everything, since there was a large period where nobody cared to keep it updated, but everything there is, see https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... /ChangeLog (also installed somewhere).
We want information... information... information.
Trifler
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Trifler »

Ezio wrote:
Trifler wrote: Also the main point of my comment was about how there's no animation of the amount deducted anymore. It's simply deducted. The animation can be there regardless of what system is used. You can have the production start immediately without waiting for the animation to complete.
yes this could be made but on the other hand this can made some people confuse and think he still got some power left
If it's in green they'll know it's been spent, and we're talking about 1 second here. It's not like the animation is 30 seconds long or something. If you really want, you can even add a sentence in the guide about how it works.

So, you hover your mouse over a unit and it displays how much power it will take from your main power bar in green with the remainder still shown in yellow. You click. The green remains on the power bar and starts shrinking and turning yellow. The right side of the yellow part of the bar simultaneously moves left at the same rate the green is shrinking. The shrink rate is really fast; the same rate it used to be. If you don't have any yellow, you don't have any power. Easy enough for anyone to understand.
Last edited by Trifler on 17 Nov 2011, 06:32, edited 1 time in total.
Trifler
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Trifler »

cybersphinx wrote:
Trifler wrote:Also, in the change log, you forgot to mention that the maximum allowed texture size was increased to 2048 and a FSAA setting was added to the Video Options menu.
In the announcement, only the changes since the last release are mentioned. If you want to see... well, not everything, since there was a large period where nobody cared to keep it updated, but everything there is, see https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... /ChangeLog (also installed somewhere).
That's what I mean. The increase in maximum texture size and the addition of an option for FSAA setting were both added since the prior release. They don't exist in 2.3.9. I can't download Snapshot 20111026 to check, but it doesn't list them in the change log. Then Snapshot 20111107 definitely has them, and they're not in the change log. Yes, I did check the change log link you provided a link to and they're not on there either.

So, not saying anyone did anything wrong, just an FYI.
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

Trifler wrote:
cybersphinx wrote:
That's what I mean. The increase in maximum texture size and the addition of an option for FSAA setting were both added since the prior release. They don't exist in 2.3.9. I can't download Snapshot 20111026 to check, but it doesn't list them in the change log. Then Snapshot 20111107 definitely has them, and they're not in the change log. Yes, I did check the change log link you provided a link to and they're not on there either.

So, not saying anyone did anything wrong, just an FYI.
dude, they got bigger things to worry about rather than mention if some dumb option is added to the menu. :close_tema:
they need to fix the bleeping game! :big_boss:
ledzgio
Greenhorn

Post by ledzgio »

Hi guys, does anyone knows when the next version will be released??