The final version of the 2.3 series is now out! v. 2.3.9

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
crass
Trained
Trained

Re: The final version of the 2.3 series is now out! v. 2.3.9

Post by crass »

I just noticed that this version is officially unsupported, so why are you telling people to keep getting it on the sourceforge site?
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

crass, well, unsupported stable is still (in theory) better than test versions. :-)
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Beware! Mad Qt Evangelist.
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

If a stable is being pushed it should still be open for maintenance at least. I'm sure the new 3.x line has fixed some of the 2.3.x bugs. Probably be easier to maintain 2.3.9 though if it had an auto updater.
Staff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Staff »

We just don't have the manpower to maintain multiple versions of Warzone with a vastly diverging codebase. :stressed:

3.1(+) is the only thing we are working on right now.
It doesn't make any sense to keep pushing a version that has no support behind it, since all our limited resources is being put into 3.1(+).

A auto-updater wouldn't help much, this is a cross-platform game, and I don't think it is even possible to auto-update anything except the windows version. That said, someone would still need to write the client, and all the patches, and support that.

This is why we ask people to get the latest 3.1 builds instead of 2.X.
Sorry, this account has been deactivated.
Please post issues in Website feedback instead, only Moderators can read things there.
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

I know, but if there is ANY reference telling people to grab a stable release it should be changed or this question will always pop up.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Staff wrote:We just don't have the manpower to maintain multiple versions of Warzone with a vastly diverging codebase. :stressed:
You never asked.

I still have a 2.3 branch git that have fixed projectiles, naval semi-support and improved synch... That is ahead of what we have.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Iluvalar wrote:
Staff wrote:We just don't have the manpower to maintain multiple versions of Warzone with a vastly diverging codebase. :stressed:
You never asked.

I still have a 2.3 branch git that have fixed projectiles, naval semi-support and improved synch... That is ahead of what we have.
Asked what ?
For arguments sake, let's say we agree to this, even though the "improved sync" & "naval semi-support" parts are a misnomer
Then what, are you going to field all the bug reports, and all the issues that arise from that release ? Are you going to handle all the releases as well ?

Then we have multiple versions out, and people would end up getting which version ?
That is a recipe of chaos.

Locking this topic, there really isn't much more than needs to be said about a version that is unsupported.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.