The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Staff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

The final version of the 2.3 series is now out! v. 2.3.9

Post by Staff »

Hello Warzone fans!

At this time, we bring you, what should be the last release in this series.

Have no fear, we will continue to enhance & fix Warzone with every new release we do.
As for what is coming up next, we will let you know soon enough. :ninja:

A special thanks to forum member Ezio, for redoing the cut-scenes for us. They are now available on our site.

Download:
As usual, downloads can be found on our download page or directly on Sourceforge.

Bug Reports:
As usual, we need bug reports to fix problems in the game. Please note that we use tickets only to track bugs, for discussions about how features should work and feature requests we have a dedicated forum section.

For bug reports, see BugReporting for details, in short:
  • Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in git, the ticket will be closed.
  • If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
  • If there is no report yet, make a new ticket (one per issue).
  • Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
  • The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems (or the other way around, the harder it is for us to reproduce a problem, the less likely it is to get fixed), so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems... whatever is relevant.
  • When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
Detailed Changelog:

2011-10-23: Version 2.3.9

General
  • Change: Show damage on all buildings (#2634, commit: eabe72073c5e594f7849cd53460b25ae95b3371e)
  • Change: Use Ctrl-V instead of Tab to paste in edit boxes (#2830, d2f4b5a162)
  • Change: Mouse wheel scrolling in research and build menus (#2110, 6a41d3f59f)
  • Fix: Make units follow their orders better (#2391, 2c31de5247)
  • Fix: Make sure files in sequences.wz override included ones, so localized videos are always used (#2728, 4830009833)
  • Fix: Maps can never override game data (#2825, 1838d20c1d)
  • Fix: Make mod savegames work properly (#2735, #2825, 5886695119)
  • Fix: Prevent VTOLs from getting stuck on buildings (#2534, d1c93494de, 419ae40633)
UI
  • Fix: Properly update player colours in the map preview (c52d627b85)
MultiplayerTranslations
Sorry, this account has been deactivated.
Please post issues in Website feedback instead, only Moderators can read things there.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: The final version of the 2.3 series is now out! v. 2.3.9

Post by vexed »

Note:
This thread is not about why X isn't in this build, nor is it why Y wasn't fixed in this build.

It is meant to get comments about 2.3.9, and that is all.
SNEMOTICON13.gif
SNEMOTICON13.gif (1.14 KiB) Viewed 72261 times
All posts that are not directly related to 2.3.9 have been moved to the appropriate area.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
userdelete
New user

Post by userdelete »

Many thanks. I am glad that there are the people, not giving to die to this remarkable strategic game. Always with impatience I wait for new updatings.
P.S. Excuse for my bad English.
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

Fix: Maps can never override game data (#2825, 1838d20c1d)
stat changes still work in map-mods :lol2:
very bad that my new start options does not work in map-mods, i hate WZ devs :augh: joke but really most annoying bugs not fixed
i think this version was to be discussed on forum

anyhow, thank for care of 2.3x multiplayer players

WZ bug-tracker not works, cannot see code changes and tickets
Iluvalar wrote: And then, why did you not gave a little kick in the balance discussion ? There are some rare but troublesome weapons that I have identified clearly with their proposed changes. Without talking about anything controversial... :|
hi iluvalar, where i can see your balance proposals, it is not about NRS or auto-balance,
where i can see what you proposed to change in current WZ balance system? without total rebalancing
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Nice to see the 2.n series finally tidied up. This means that the focus can settle on the master and only that.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

Staff wrote:At this time, we bring you, what should be the last release in this series.
Yehoo :D. At last. "Master"s textures awaits :roll:
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Asgorath
Trained
Trained

Post by Asgorath »

I am very happy to see that the devs still take a lot of care about Warzone and use their limited sparetime to make little changes to the already more-or-less very stable 2.3.x series.
And I agree to zydonk
zydonk wrote:Nice to see the 2.n series finally tidied up. This means that the focus can settle on the master and only that.
I tried to test every master being released and for me there are huge improvements being made. Master definetely has the potential to become a very stable and even better series than 2.3.x is at the moment.
According to the limited manpower (developers) I hope you now concentrate on master only, since master already contains some changes that won´t be backported anyway, so no need for me to make a 2.4-series.

Thanks a lot and keep up your work! And we crowd will keep testing and reporting :lol2:
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

Staff wrote:Fix: Prevent VTOLs from getting stuck on buildings (#2534, d1c93494de, 419ae40633)[/list]UI
Looks like Beta Mission 4 should play out differently now that the VTOLs can no longer get stuck behind buildings. I do wonder if the Commander will still get itself stuck behind buildings though.
A special thanks to forum member Ezio, for redoing the cut-scenes for us. They are now available on our site.

Download:
As usual, downloads can be found on our download page or directly on Sourceforge.
Neat. I'd be interested in seeing how they look. :D
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Thank you very much everyone. :)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

this better not be the final version the other version plays like sh*t!
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

zany wrote:this better not be the final version the other version plays like sh*t!
well, if you can code or do scripting - assist. then it wont be. :)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

this better not be the final version the other version plays like sh*t!
another poor player being.. what a pity..

lav_coyote25 I think he soon will realise he wants to come back to his Battlefield 3.. well we had our medusa once and for sure there will be more :lecture:
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Merowingg wrote: well we had our medusa once and for sure there will be more
I have heard that name before ...

With the end of things new things grow.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

We dont use that name here any longer. thankyou. i guess people need to read over the terms of service yet again. perhaps we should look at having a test, to ensure compliance with the reading of the terms of service. just a suggestion. will look into it. :hmm:

Warzone 2100 Forums - Registration

You agree, through your use of this website, that you will not publish any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or German laws. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, and solicitations are also forbidden on this website.

Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this website to confirm the validity of posted content. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this website, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this website owner. Anyone who feels that a posted content is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this website immediately. The staff and the owner of this website reserve the right to remove or modify objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this website, any related websites to this website, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this website also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this website. With an upload of a message, you'll give us a not time limited right to publish them (This includes attachments and other content as well). While your account is active, you have the possibility to change or modify your own messages in the forums (This excludes Topics). If your account get suspended or deleted, this possibility expires.

You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason. We also HIGHLY recommend you to change your password, after E-Mail validation, to a complex and unique password, to prevent account theft.

After you register and login to this website, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the website owner or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.

Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this website or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.

Also note that the software may places cookies, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out and save user defined preferences. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer. If you want to get your account deleted, contact a administrator. But keep in mind, that you lose the possibility to modify your own posts!

Note that there are maybe additional rules in some categories or forums or other parts of this website. In the case of a violation to this agreement, you may reckon that we modify, delete or suspend your account or post. We also reserve us the right to modify, move and delete posts and accounts i.e. in the case of cleanups and restructuring.

However, we know that this is the Internet, but this is our corner of it.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Sheesh chill out Lav trickster