Numerous changes have been done, and we have increased performance due to font rendering changes and, of course, more bugs have been fixed.
The Lobby now supports Logins!
About the Lobby Login:
For now you need your Forum credentials to play a game over the lobby, you can still host IP games without registering though.
With future updates we will support Anon Games.
The connection to the lobby is SSL secured (cacert.org), we never store your password unencrypted but use tokens as a temporary replacement for them.
Note: All old savegames are incompatible. Config, mods, maps etc. might also have changed, if you have problems, try deleting/renaming your config folder.
Note for Mac people: X11 is once again required (for 10.6 you will need the official Apple version).
- Change: Revert to unit limits of 2.3, our engine can't handle so many units at once. (#2812, 8b8d2b676a)
- Change: New savegame format. Still in progress. Old format still supported.
- Change: Remove framerate limiter. (b786c62da4)
- Fix: Bring back quesoGLC, instead of Qt's routines. (#2824, ebc8976dc1)
- Fix: Always set a sane default size for game window. (#2822, ced9c94790d)
- Fix: Add swap interval control. There's no longer any need to restart to change vsync settings. (#2815, c394a15fda, 1951594)
- Fix: Crash caused by attack order has no object. (#2762, 9b4b787c53)
- Change: Suppress windows console. (600952d5d1)
- Displayed vsync setting is the opposite of what is active if the setting is toggled in the menu.
- Vsync is turned off when starting the game on windows, and non-mesa linux.
This release probably contains bugs, please report them so they can be fixed.
See BugReporting for details, in short:
- Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in git, the ticket will be closed.
- If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
- If there is no report yet, make a new ticket (one per issue).
- Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
- The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems (or the other way around, the harder it is for us to reproduce a problem, the less likely it is to get fixed), so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems... whatever is relevant.
- When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
As usual, downloads can be found on our download page or directly on Sourceforge. Direct download links:
Source (Linux): http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... z/download
Windows: http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... e/download
Mac: http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... 5/download