New master snapshot 20110705 has been released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

New master snapshot 20110705 has been released!

Post by cybersphinx »

New master snapshot. There is fullscreen resolution switching and cursor trapping on Windows and Linux. On Macs, it still doesn't work, and you need to set the resolution via command line or config file. Games will end correctly. Dydo AI was removed, since it is unmaintained at the moment, and doesn't work correctly anymore.

Note: All old savegames are incompatible. Config, mods, maps etc. might also have changed, if you have problems, try deleting/renaming your config folder.

Note: If you reported a problem in the previous snapshot, please test and report back if that still happens.

PS: We could really use the help of a Mac developer.

Changelog:

GeneralAIs
  • Semperfi: Fix attacks of opportunity with allies; do not try to hug an allied oil derrick, believing it to be hostile; do not crash if we check whether an oil feature is allied to us (5066a04949)
  • Dydo AI: Remove it, since it doesn't work properly and might have caused crashes (d82ce97a77)
GraphicsUI
  • Fix: Show correct flag colors (5fa3d50f0c)
  • Fix: Don't get confused in the game setup screen when pressing escape (#2697, 7bf5a23cdd)
Translations Full list of changes: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... r_20110705

Bug Reports:
This release probably contains bugs, please report them so they can be fixed.

See BugReporting for details, in short:
  • Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in git, the ticket will be closed.
  • If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
  • If there is no report yet, make a new ticket (one per issue).
  • Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
  • The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems (or the other way around, the harder it is for us to reproduce a problem, the less likely it is to get fixed), so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems... whatever is relevant.
  • When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
Download:
As usual, downloads can be found on our download page or directly on Sourceforge. Direct download links:
Source (Linux): http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... z/download
Windows: http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... e/download
Mac: http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... g/download
We want information... information... information.
Happy Camper
Trained
Trained

Re: New master snapshot 20110705 has been released!

Post by Happy Camper »

Sorry for the double posting, but when I posted viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8143, I didn't know that a new master was on its way. On the other hand, this is a direct feedback to the master release.

Since the masters are not playable on my GeForce9500GT (Linux), I could not really test them. What I'm always wondering when I start a master is: does it render correctly on my system?

I feel that it is much more difficult to distinguish between the colors, to see how the terrain height is, and to distinguish different bots than in the 2.x branch.
Perhaps I played the 2.x branch too long and too often and got accustomed to the more abstract kind of graphics. Or is it just not being rendered correctly on my system?
Screenshot.png
Perhaps I should buy a new graphics card and get used to the new textures, because the masters contain a lot of improvements I was waiting for, especially different AIs in a single game and gates.

I hope this post is not considered as complaining - I love this game and I'm grateful for all the work you put in it.

Joe
devastator
Trained
Trained

Post by devastator »

Full screen resolution..finaly some one took care of this. Now I'm master-build user ^___^
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Yeah, works well for me (:
Safety0ff
Trained
Trained

Post by Safety0ff »

Happy Camper wrote:Or is it just not being rendered correctly on my system?
The team colours don't look right, I would try the latest drivers for your card (on both linux and windows,) if you're have performance issues try turning of vsync.
Jorakae
Greenhorn

Post by Jorakae »

I just wanted to say, thank you mass amounts for continuing to develop this game. I love this game and as far as I'm concerned it is the best RTS ever made. I appreciate all the hard work of the community supporting it and it makes me wish I knew something about programming to help.

I raise my glass in your honor.
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

Two questions: Will I be able to make and load saves for use in testing cam4? And when can I start to use javascript? I want to try it as soon as possible so I can figure out whether it would be quicker to write scripts in JavaScript and port to WZScript or vice-versa.
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Happy Camper
Trained
Trained

Post by Happy Camper »

Safety0ff wrote:The team colours don't look right, I would try the latest drivers for your card
I tried the latest drivers from Nvidia, no luck. Then I deleted the .warzone2100-master directory to start with a fresh config: Hooray! Now it runs as smooth as 2.3.8, and now it also looks great again!
I'm so happy that the bad game experience I had with the master releases was the result of a misconfiguration. Thanks again to all who helped!
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Happy Camper wrote:Then I deleted the .warzone2100-master directory to start with a fresh config: Hooray! Now it runs as smooth as 2.3.8, and now it also looks great again!
Hey that's some curious input! :o
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

milo christiansen wrote:Two questions: Will I be able to make and load saves for use in testing cam4? And when can I start to use javascript? I want to try it as soon as possible so I can figure out whether it would be quicker to write scripts in JavaScript and port to WZScript or vice-versa.
Loading & saving for master is still in a state of flux.

As for using JS or WZscript, keep using wzscript. There remains a *ton* of work to be done on JS, before it is possible to make a full campaign with it.
and it ends here.
rbt
New user

Post by rbt »

Good release. Playing a few skirmishes I haven't run into any serious issues; though I rarely save/continue later.

There are a few performance degradations when the AI decides to build a large number of aircraft or bots even when they are not moving anywhere, possibly worse with Semperfi than Nexus.
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

Thanks Buginator :)
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

pffft! :annoyed: looks like some one enlisted the aid of ????? to introduce new crap eh? :hmm: is the latest nightly master.... :3
Attachments
wz2100-20110711_204112-Sk-psykofs2011-T3_a fracking bug.png
Safety0ff
Trained
Trained

Post by Safety0ff »

lav_coyote25 wrote:pffft! :annoyed: looks like some one enlisted the aid of ????? to introduce new crap eh? :hmm: is the latest nightly master.... :3
I noticed this too, my guess would be that the bson lobby merge likely introduced that (unless there has been other commits which have touched UI code). It basically means there's a string that isn't being initialized and it is being rendered. (Instead of being set to null, it gets set to XXXX / overun / BUG!!, stuff like that).

Could you please open a bug report for this?
Jorakae
Greenhorn

Post by Jorakae »

lav_coyote25 wrote:pffft! :annoyed: looks like some one enlisted the aid of ????? to introduce new crap eh? :hmm: is the latest nightly master.... :3
Hey, what map is that?