2.3.8 has been released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Happy Camper
Trained
Trained

Re: 2.3.8 has been released!

Post by Happy Camper »

NoQ wrote:Hmm, really. Well, i guess, indirect-fire weapons should never hit any intermediate terrain
I second this! The most annoying aspect of 2.3.7 were mortars damaging own structuces between the mortar and the target.
The second most annoying thing were bots firing into the ground on almost, but not entirely flat terrain.
madfalcon81
Trained
Trained

Post by madfalcon81 »

still the got damn bug in campaign exists: units retreating in the lower right side of the map when loading a game (i mean the wounded one) instead of returning to base (in the upper left side of the maps)
madfalcon81
Trained
Trained

Post by madfalcon81 »

madfalcon81 wrote:still the got damn bug in campaign exists: units retreating in the lower right side of the map when loading a game (i mean the wounded one) instead of returning to base (in the upper left side of the maps)

added some screenshots

effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

rockachu2 wrote:if it is a straight projectile, then find the highest point of the terrain in the way and see if it interrupts the line of fire.
if it curves, then plot the curve on a 2d graph and place the terrain on it, and if they intecept then the projectile won't hit.
Even if this is a joke, I think it's how direct fire (drawing with the red line) and indirect fire (drawing of shooting over the mountain) should work.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Let's beat this horse?

I think this guy expected hi oil and power gen hidden behind terrain to remain safe:
mapping intent ruined
mapping intent ruined
In this case I didn't even need to enter his base to target his structures (previously, targeting the factory shown under seige, attacking units would have tried to enter the base. here they just pull up chair near the edge of the cliff.) Most units fired through the mid height of the cliff face.
fire & targeting through terrain
fire & targeting through terrain
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

effigy wrote:I think this guy expected hi oil and power gen hidden behind terrain to remain safe:
As long as this game is a top-down view of a 3D world (yes, yes, you can rotate the view; but people do not have time for that), such expectations will never be met. If meeting such expectations is important, we need to implement the Starcraft2 solution where cliffs block projectiles from lower heights - period. I think this is a brilliantly simple solution to a very complex problem, but it is not exactly in the Warzone spirit of true 3D physics.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Hmm... I'm not sure what the height of the cliff or rotating the view (your right, this is rarely done) has to do with this. The anomaly I was pointing out in both screen shots is that turrets were firing through cliff faces/terrain (visually). I assume ilulvalar's patch would stop both these circumstances.

I'm I loosing it, or is this behavior opposed to v2.3.7? IIRC This is the part of the "Corvus patch" that most people thought was a good, and logical change to the game. By my recollection It was the unadvertised change in the targeting of all turrets/hardpoints that received complaints.
PkK
Trained
Trained

Post by PkK »

Per wrote:
effigy wrote:I think this guy expected hi oil and power gen hidden behind terrain to remain safe:
As long as this game is a top-down view of a 3D world (yes, yes, you can rotate the view; but people do not have time for that), such expectations will never be met. If meeting such expectations is important, we need to implement the Starcraft2 solution where cliffs block projectiles from lower heights - period. I think this is a brilliantly simple solution to a very complex problem, but it is not exactly in the Warzone spirit of true 3D physics.
I agree with your opinion on SC2.
However in the screenshots shown there's missiles being fired straight through solid rock. I can't see that being "in the Warzone spirit of true 3D physics" either.
The problem shown in the upper screenshot is units on low ground firing at buildings on middle ground, while there's very high ground in between. That IMO should be possible using indirect fire only.
sensor
Trained
Trained

Post by sensor »

Croix write ;

"Problem with the DyDo AI mod. Whenever I try to launch up a skirmish game (dont matter which map), the game just exits without any error. The mod is the one bundled with the 2.3.8. installer.
Launched a game without any mod, and now Im experiencing problems with the wather height on non bundled maps. Its not water spikes like in an earlier version, just simply the water isnt at its suposed height."

For me it is like, the game can not be loaded in fashion Dydo if I make a record before the game (in single player of course).
Attachments
savegame + WZlog + stderr.zip
(104.52 KiB) Downloaded 485 times
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHz 3,40 GHz
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
RAM 8,0 GB DDR III SDRAM
NRoach44
Trained
Trained

Post by NRoach44 »

Can I just ask why when I attempt to build it on my Ubuntu, It wants me to install asciidoc, which including it's deps, needs 500mb of the remnants of my download quota?

EDIT: This only occurs when building .debs, which makes it even more strange...
Having trouble using Wz2100 on Ubuntu? My compile guide is here : http://bit.ly/mNlqd2
commander scrooge
New user

Post by commander scrooge »

Opinion:
I would much rather deal with the annoyance of my units shooting the ground than the stupidity of shooting through the ground.

P.S. I change the angle regularly, the curvature in the ground can be a distinct advantage, shooting through ground destroys that advantage.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

NRoach44 wrote:Can I just ask why when I attempt to build it on my Ubuntu, It wants me to install asciidoc, which including it's deps, needs 500mb of the remnants of my download quota?

EDIT: This only occurs when building .debs, which makes it even more strange...
asciidoc is used to convert the quick start guide and manpage. If you use a tarball, the converted docs are already included, you can just remove asciidoc from the depends in debian/control, and you might need to copy them manually where dpkg-buildpackage expects them to be.
We want information... information... information.
Croix
Greenhorn

Post by Croix »

sensor wrote:For me it is like, the game can not be loaded in fashion Dydo if I make a record before the game (in single player of course).
After that post, Im started to experience various problems with DyDo AI mod, like
- saved skirmish games cannot be loaded
- the AI just freeze and wont control the enemy units like before, but the game doesnt freeze, the enemy acting as if DyDo isnt active
- several maps cannot be started
- using specific unit builds and firing the LSat crashes the game on several maps and doesnt leave any error logs.
NRoach44
Trained
Trained

Post by NRoach44 »

Ah, thank you.
Having trouble using Wz2100 on Ubuntu? My compile guide is here : http://bit.ly/mNlqd2