The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

2.3.8 has been released!

Post by cybersphinx »

new 2.3 release yay

Multiplayer balance changes. Two new 2 player maps: Vision and Roughness. Videos can now be up to 1024x768 pixels large, and optionally played back with scanlines (either black or half brightness). Reverted the change that made terrain block projectiles respectively units shoot into the ground. Limited map-mod support, data included in a map file will only affect games on that map. Maps have to be uploaded by the host/downloaded by the players, so keeping them small is advised. Also there's no indication when a multiplayer game uses a map-mod.

There's a new quick start guide in html and pdf format, mostly done by BlueMaxima. On Windows available from the start menu, on Linux under /usr/share/doc/warzone2100. It's not (yet?) included in the Mac builds, but also available from http://wz2100.net/~cybersphinx/quickstartguide.html and http://wz2100.net/~cybersphinx/quickstartguide.pdf.

The ChangeLog is below, those interested in the gritty details can have a look at the complete list of commits: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... todo/2.3.8

Download:
As usual, downloads can be found on our download page or directly on Sourceforge.

Bug Reports:
As usual, we need bug reports to fix problems in the game. Please note that we use tickets only to track bugs, for discussions about how features should work and feature requests we have a dedicated forum section.

For bug reports, see BugReporting for details, in short:
  • Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in git, the ticket will be closed.
  • If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
  • If there is no report yet, make a new ticket (one per issue).
  • Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
  • The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems (or the other way around, the harder it is for us to reproduce a problem, the less likely it is to get fixed), so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems... whatever is relevant.
  • When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
Detailed Changelog:

2011-05-17: Version 2.3.8

GeneralMultiplayer balance (#2687, 71eac1c4a3)
  • HP increased:
    * Leopard 85 → 107
    * Panther 145 → 193
    * Tiger 225 → 284
  • Range increased:
    * Minipod 3-8 → 4-9
    * MRA 3-8.5 → 4-9
  • Pepperpot:
    * Damage increased 50 → 60 (splash 30 → 40)
    * Reload time decreased 2.0 → 1.8
  • Heavy Laser (normal and VTOL):
    * Price decreased 600 → 400
    * Build points decreased 1000 → 600
    * HP increased 200 → 300
  • Twin Assault Cannon:
    * Damage decreased 55 → 50 (splash 45 → 40)
  • Plasmite Bomb:
    * Weight increased 12000 → 15000
  • VTOL Sunburst AA:
    * Damage increased 100 → 120
    * Splash damage removed
  • Lowered prerequisites:
    * Thermal Armor from Dense Composite Alloys to Composite Alloys Mk3
    * High Intensity Thermal Armor from Superdense Composite Alloys to Dense Composite Alloys Mk3
ModsTranslations
Peyzoc
New user

Re: 2.3.8 has been released!

Post by Peyzoc »

Thanks you!
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Nifty Quick Start too!
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Good news! Very good news :3
Sounds like we finally have a perfect recycled unit experience storage? Campaign players would love it!
Balance changes sound great too.
Change: Allow projectiles to go through terrain again
Hmm, bad news. If i'll ever be in mood, i'd like to look into it.
Change: Limited support for map-mods. Only load the map file actually used when starting a game.
Limited? What is limited?

P.S. This news item needs more capital letters :oops:
matthewfarmery
Trained
Trained

Post by matthewfarmery »

awesome, will download and play
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

NoQ wrote:
Change: Allow projectiles to go through terrain again
Hmm, bad news. If i'll ever be in mood, i'd like to look into it.
The problem is that there is a line-of-sight calculation units use to see if they can fire, which is different from the path the projectiles will then take. Which lead to units firing into the ground instead of at their targets. http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/2151 has talk and patches, those were in some 3.0 betas, but people also weren't happy with that. Since reverting the offending change at least helped for the test case in http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/2386 and no other proposals were forthcoming, that's how it was done.
Change: Limited support for map-mods. Only load the map file actually used when starting a game.
Limited? What is limited?
There's no indicator that a map changes anything else, so people might not know they're playing a mod. And it might still be possible to create a map file that screws up unrelated things just by existing, but it shouldn't happen just by including changed stats anymore.
P.S. This news item needs more capital letters :oops:
Sorry, I was tired, and noone else wanted to improve my draft.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Take note that players in 2.3.8 will be unaware to have a map-mod at all. And map makers will also pretty soon understand all the cool new things they can get from it. Since the maps are in the same folder, everybody still playing 2.3.7 will be kicked at start. The 2.3.8 is not a big download or install anyway... so please just jump to 2.3.8 as soon as possible.

On my side, i'll wait a few more days before showing how to map mod.

Edit: and about mod:
There is no stats changes that should affect the mods. The 2.3.7 mods should run fine, they might (or not) miss some of the 2.3.8 balance changes but that's all.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

Russian installer has an encoding glich seems like a little wrong encoding has been used. It's only in custom files section where user should choose what components to install (NTW, 1.10, openal, ...). Rest russian text is fine.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Hm. Maybe nsis didn't like utf8 after all... Or is https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... 0.nsi#L644 also wrong?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Since the maps are in the same folder, everybody still playing 2.3.7 will be kicked at start.
Hmm, i think they won't be able to join at all ... (?)
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

I mean players playing 2.3.7 together after one of them have downloaded a map-mod in 2.3.8 ;)
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Asgorath
Trained
Trained

Post by Asgorath »

I am going to install it right away! Changes sound very great!

I kindly ask everyone to share this link viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7970 via Facebook/Twitter/... to help Warzone to become more famous and to increase the amount of players. Because this great game deserves it 8)
madfalcon81
Trained
Trained

Post by madfalcon81 »

hmm..i dont see the new maps...when i try to play skirmish it does not show me the new maps, although the version (on the starting screen) is correct..any ideas ?
LE: i dont know if this is the place, but in hardcore2.0 mode the sound when you press the mouse in game (e.g. when you give order to units) is louder, therefore more annoying.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

cybersphinx wrote:Hm. Maybe nsis didn't like utf8 after all... Or is https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... 0.nsi#L644 also wrong?
Seems like you right. in GIT *.nsi displays fine, but when I've download it & view via Totalcmd viewer in Windows ANSI encoding - its show exactly same glitch characters, in UFT8 - fine as usuall.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Warzone_Fan
Trained
Trained

Post by Warzone_Fan »

theres a problem with download
i tried to download it using mega manager
and when i tired to install it they say that the files been corrupted