This release brought to you by: The Revenge of the Buggy Release
This build features the new netcode that everyone has been waiting for.
We eagerly await feedback for this alpha build!
NOTE: command line options now require a "=" before the parameter.
For example, --configdir=./blah
NOTE: For mac users: Support for 10.4 has been discontinued; using 10.6 is highly recommended as 10.5 does not support a sufficiently high OpenGL version for all types of GFX cards.
- The kick button should now be clickable.
- Patrolling/scouting should work slightly better now, with the droids not forgetting to stop.
- Gates should work now. The game shouldn't occasionally freeze and/or desynch when using gates. Droids can go through gates more than once.
- Partially demolishing a damaged structure no longer results in an indestructable structure with negative hitpoints.
- Structures no longer end up 90% damaged if queueing building 2 modules in a row on the same structure.
- Cyborg prices are displayed again.
- Research is shared with allies again. (Oops...)
This release hopefully contains nosome bugs.
All droids can pass through any kind of building not allied to the host, except for closed gates — which means that gates are now fixed correctly, at the tiny cost of breaking everything except gates.
Trucks can get stuck near cliffs sometimes, giving a demolish order gets them unstuck.
If you have problems with being kicked or with kicking everyone for "incompatible mods", deleting some maps (for example 8c-early3v3V3.wz) might help.
Please submit all bugs via this link, and follow the directions listed at the link, we need every bit of that information in order to fix bugs!
Downloads will be made available at our usual site:
Warzone 2100 file releases on Sourceforge.
- Source tarball:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... .tar.gz/download
http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... .dmg/download
http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... .exe/download ← Full version.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... .zip/download ← Zip of just the executable, only use if you have master_20110226.
Code: Select all
git fetch --tags git checkout master_20110228