2.3.6 has been released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
NEXUS
Trained
Trained

Re: 2.3.6 has been released!

Post by NEXUS »

Why does it say when I try to download this update, that it is a dangerous download??? Stupid anti-virus software... :D
My nicknames - Mattbrit -> TankMaster -> Dr Reed -> ??? :)
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

The balance really isn't so far off with armor working, IMHO. MG shouldn't have been an all-in-oneder. It's meant to be anti-personal (and now it's close to being just that).
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
RBL-WARDOG
Trained
Trained

Post by RBL-WARDOG »

so far 2 thumbs up
FREEDOM for the PEOPLE by the PEOPLE
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

NEXUS wrote:Why does it say when I try to download this update, that it is a dangerous download??? Stupid anti-virus software...
False positives is a problem with any sort of identification test. We have had some very angry emails from people who do not understand this. In point of fact, our Windows builds are cross-compiled on a Linux box. The first time they see Windows is on *your* machine.

Also, the German computer magazine Heise which distributes WZ just send a message saying it passed thru their virus scanners OK.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

stiv wrote:Also, the German computer magazine Heise which distributes WZ just send a message saying it passed thru their virus scanners OK.
See http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.game ... devel/8724 for their report.
LZ compromised
Trained
Trained

Post by LZ compromised »

There's a bug with building texture in CAM_2A.

Pretty much all in the screencap.
It doesn't flicker, blink, move or anything like that, just static texture seemingly loaded wrong. These three building are the only ones that showed this, other buildings on the map appeared as usual.
For what it's worth, the texture doesn't change when the building's going down (the bottom one on the screenshot).

I didn't take more screencaps, but I still have the savefile so will do if you'd like.
building texture bug
building texture bug
WinXP SP3, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470.

Gonna make a ticket now.

EDIT: Done - http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/2373
Warning: The ticket has been created, but an error occurred while sending notifications: {u'[email protected]': (550, '5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table')}
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
—Bill Cosby
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

LZ compromised wrote:There's a bug with building texture in CAM_2A.

Pretty much all in the screencap.
It doesn't flicker, blink, move or anything like that, just static texture seemingly loaded wrong. These three building are the only ones that showed this, other buildings on the map appeared as usual.
For what it's worth, the texture doesn't change when the building's going down (the bottom one on the screenshot).

I didn't take more screencaps, but I still have the savefile so will do if you'd like.
Oh dear, per's going to eat me.

Edit: unless... hmm
Edit2: actually, it doesn't seem that universal features wasn't added in 2.3.6 so I have no idea what's causing it, all the campaign change wrfs and texpages seem fine.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Wouldn't universal features make this problem non-existent?
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

cybersphinx wrote:Wouldn't universal features make this problem non-existent?
It does, but 2.3.6 is without it and is still using the cam#change.wrf files to change between teh different tileset texpages during the campaign. But according to this screenshot, something isn't working.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Mysteryem wrote:
cybersphinx wrote:Wouldn't universal features make this problem non-existent?
It does, but 2.3.6 is without it and is still using the cam#change.wrf files to change between teh different tileset texpages during the campaign. But according to this screenshot, something isn't working.
even the original would do that some times, with maps created with editworld, for some reason it wouldnt "map" the correct textures properly... :annoyed:
LZ compromised
Trained
Trained

Post by LZ compromised »

A typo in the research tree: it says "Plascrete MK3", which, I take it, should be "Plascrete Mk3".
World's tiniest typo
World's tiniest typo
EDIT: http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/2388
Warning: The ticket has been created, but an error occurred while sending notifications: {u'[email protected]': (550, '5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table')}
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
—Bill Cosby
LZ compromised
Trained
Trained

Post by LZ compromised »

It's me again :lol2:

This bug occured every time I went through the campaign. In away missions after Beta 05 (CAM_2C, the one where you encounter ripples for the first time) certain parts of the map stick out from the fog of war.

These parts lie within the NW quadrant of the map. Every away mission has different "highlighted" spots, but they remain the same if I load the same mission several times.

About 5-15 seconds into the mission I see

Code: Select all

Error! (Check your logs!): [visRemoveVisibility] Assert in Warzone: ../../../src/visibility.c:289 (psTile->watchers[psObj->player] > 0), last script event: 'N/A'
Here are the spots for every mission this happens in:

Beta 06 (SUB_2DS)

Beta 07 (SUB_2_6S)

Beta 08 (SUB_2_7S)

Beta 09 (SUB_2_8S)

The funny thing is, if I load Beta 05 (CAM_2C) at this point, I see these spots too. They don't reveal any units or buildings (ripples are visible due to my CB sensor, I figure), but they're there:

Sorry if it's been brought up before. Searched the forum for "visRemoveVisibility", turned up nothing. Didn't find any relevant tickets either.

EDIT: Done #2420
—Bill Cosby
LZ compromised
Trained
Trained

Post by LZ compromised »

Woo, I'm having a spree XD

This time in Gamma 1. I got a free extra dropship full of python-tracked tanks. It’s not only weird that it happened after I’d transferred all my units into the mission (and the transport button/timer at the top-left corner were not present), it’s also strange because I didn't have any of these python-tracks in Beta 11 (unsurprisingly; you don't complete Beta 11 until you airlift/recycle all your units). Quite frankly, I don’t ever make python-tracks.

Now, I would like to believe it’s not a bug but rather a way for the game to reward the player for not having lost a single unit through the two previous campaigns (a little experiment of mine, will make a thread when it’s over), but this is a game in development, and in the spirit of testing I have to assume this is unintended behavior.

The transport comes in selected: it selects itself as soon as it appears on the map. It then proceeds to unload and flies off. I just realized that when the mission starts, you arrive from the southern border of the map, and the transport in question comes from the eastern border. For what it’s worth.

The contents are 2 trucks, 4 ACs and 4 HVCs with experience ranging from 500 to 900. The python-tracks are fully controllable.
g1 12.zip
Savefile
(107.08 KiB) Downloaded 436 times
Here's the savefile. Later I'll try doing the mission from the start and see if the freebie tanks arrive again or not.

Arrival at 1:44:37.

The game gives me the message and the voice notice as if I'd called the transport in myself.

Up close.

Ranks & kill counts.

EDIT: Done #2427
—Bill Cosby
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

This time in Gamma 1. I got a free extra dropship full of python-tracked tanks. It’s not only weird that it happened after I’d transferred all my units into the mission (and the transport button/timer at the top-left corner were not present), it’s also strange because I didn't have any of these python-tracks in Beta 11 (unsurprisingly; you don't complete Beta 11 until you airlift/recycle all your units). Quite frankly, I don’t ever make python-tracks.
I've seen this many times and i think it's a normal behaviour. This way you can survive even if you didn't manage to evac any trucks.
LZ compromised
Trained
Trained

Post by LZ compromised »

hao wrote:I've seen this many times and i think it's a normal behaviour. This way you can survive even if you didn't manage to evac any trucks.
Okay, good to know.
Still doesn't make much sense. When I was doing the campaign for the first time, I was stupid enough to load all my trucks in the last dropship, and there was no freebie in the end.

EDIT:
Emdek wrote:It's a feature, not a bug. ;-) As far as I know it will happen every time when you have less than four transports to send. Similar thing should also happen in beta 1.
Oh, I did have three transports this time. Gonna go try ending Beta with four.
—Bill Cosby