The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

About our recent releases, and new repository location

Post by cybersphinx »

Since people seem a bit confused, a short explanation:

3.0 (retired): Was basically 2.3 with the graphics renderer from trunk/master, plus whatever changes are mentioned in the changelogs. Once master gets into a releasable state, it might take over the 3.0 name (or maybe not).

master: The branch formerly known as trunk, it is the main development branch with whatever changes went into it since 2.2(?) was branched from it. Unfortunately nobody cared to keep the changelog up to date. New netcode that keeps the game in sync by running the same calculations on all machines, so the game state doesn't have to be sent over the network. Due to this, input has to be sent to all machines before being processed, that's where at least some of the lags come from. Desyncs are detected by checksumming the game state and comparing the checksums.

2.3.6 will be released soon, see https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... /ChangeLog for the changes so far.

And as you might have noted from the link above, we have moved our git repository to Github, since some American ISPs seem to have a bad connection to Europe, where Gitorious is located. The new location is git://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2100.git - the repository name this time is "warzone2100", not "mainline", since that was mistaken for a branch name quite often. Switching existing clones should be easy, just exchange the old url for origin with the one above and pull, you don't have to redownload everything again.

Github also supports SVN as protocol, not sure how well that works though, and it seems to be only for master, not any other branches. Do "svn co https://svn.github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2100" to try it.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: About our recent releases, and new repository location

Post by lav_coyote25 »

when i go here : https://svn.github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2100. : i get this : incomplete headers
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

It's only for checkout, I've modified the paragraph now.
Mr_E
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr_E »

i know this is off topic, but about the graphics thing. it only started showing white graphics on beta three, not beta two or any other betas, are you (the developers) using a new graphics code? i know very well that a new graphics engine is in use.
I'm not always on but when I am you know it.
Mr_E
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr_E »

and not to be annoying but i like the older graphics better...
I'm not always on but when I am you know it.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

EDIT -

Moved my question to the more aptly focused topic here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7068&p=74512#p74512

Thanks, RV :hmm:

Last edited by Rman Virgil on 25 Nov 2010, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.