3.0-beta 1 is released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Re: 3.0-beta 1 is released!

Post by Terminator »

what is the difference between this build & master-20101024. Is here no new netcode ? or this build have everything that master-20101024 has ?
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
little jo
New user

Post by little jo »

Hello,

i updated my Ubuntu ppa for 3.0-beta1 :

Code: Select all

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:littel-jo/warzone-dev
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install warzone2100
If you have already install the pre-3.0, you can't update directly (i made a mistake of notation). You have to type :

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get remove warzone2100
sudo apt-get autoremove
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install warzone2100
dmdilks
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dmdilks »

Safety0ff wrote:
dmdilks wrote:I'm still having problem when they tell you updates or what you have to do in the beginning of each level. The screen will blink and than you have to go and read it yourself. It will not display on the screen or hear it.
If you already had the videos, then you have to copy them over to the new folder/directory, if you didn't have them you need to download them from http://wz2100.net/download
That took care of that problem and I thought maybe that is why the game is crashing. This time after I save the game and went to continue it played the video and than it CTD.
GA-GA-X79-UD3 i7-3820 3.60GHz, G-Skill 16gb DDR3 1866, HD 6950 2GB, Glacier 900W, COOLER MASTER HAF 932 , 128gb SSD, 750gb HDD Win7-64bit
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Thanks again everyone. :)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

effigy wrote:I did a skirmish on Rush2 this morning to check out defense structures. I found that a hardpoint can shoot over a wall infront of it, and a line of bunkers infront of that wall. I think that's only nearly sufficient.

I can live with a hardpoint not shooting through/over a hardpoint, same for bunker, etc. What seems incorrect to me is that towers won't shoot over hardpoints. Towers are weaker than hardpoints (ie., A lancer tower has 2/3 (66%) the HP of a lancer hardpoint) which has me wondering what purpose they'll serve in the future if they can't be clustered? What advantage will they have? The cost difference to build is disproportionate when compared to the drop in HP ($150 vs. $175 (86% of hardpoint cost)).

Please allow towers to shoot over hardpoints, remove them, or lower their build cost.
I got a simple solution: Get rid of this new targeting code.

The intriguing images that effigy posted only proofs that the new targeting code will make the defenses really suck and a waste of power in MP matches, plus making a PITA to rebalance them with this new code.

I'm really disappointed about this. I can't proof if that was intentional or not, but let's be honest: Warzone is a fast-paced action game, not a damn war simulation.

Sorry about the complaints.

BP
Mr_E
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr_E »

yeah it's really annoying with the wall thing; i did my usual strategy which involves a lot of defenses and the bunkers couldn't fire over / through the tank traps so plz remove this new targeting thing or whatever it is...
and i like the scroll thing you've added to the build / research / design / intelligence displays, makes it easier to view what all i've got... and make it to where the horizontal "windows" can scroll as well...
Last edited by Mr_E on 26 Oct 2010, 05:49, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not always on but when I am you know it.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Terminator wrote:what is the difference between this build & master-20101024. Is here no new netcode ? or this build have everything that master-20101024 has ?
This build is based on 2.3 code + new terrain + other stuff.
Only master has the newer netcode.
and it ends here.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Black Project wrote:I got a simple solution: Get rid of this new targeting code.
Noooo!!!11 Those targeting bugs were uuuugly! :(
I could agree on removing the part of it that concerns shooting through buildings, but not shooting through terrain.
Shooting-through-ground bugs totally destroy the amazing idea of really real terrain heightmap.

P.S. Buginator: Thanks again for working on the cliff rendering (!!), but i have a little more feedback on this issue :roll:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

A.I. bots tend to build a lot of sensor towers around oil derricks.
Also, this looks-like-division-by-zero with towers on cliffs still remains.

By the way: we've tested it in multiplayer with Mero, and it worked! It even didn't lag a lot! (:

aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

I raised a bug about the bots having a radar fetish: http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/2249 -- please comment on it and attach savegames if you're seeing same bug.

----

As for targetting code, I love being able to hide behind mountains, etc. However, agree it might be better if weapons could shoot through buildings, at least for now, while the code is tuned to deal with issues mentioned in this topic.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I have a somewhat stranger targeting code issue: This yellow scourge tower doesn't shoot enemy black oil derricks.
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/9239 ... 207omg.jpg
Dalton
Trained
Trained

Post by Dalton »

hao wrote:I have a somewhat stranger targeting code issue: This yellow scourge tower doesn't shoot enemy black oil derricks.
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/9239 ... 207omg.jpg
Some weapons require a minimum distance from a target to fire. :lecture:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Yay! I see (: Thanks (:
I blindly believed it was only about artillery (:

One more thing i wanted to discuss here. I'm glad the minimap is fixed now. But i don't like the way it's anti-aliased. I'd prefer inaccurate but crisp and clear not-anti-aliased minimap. At least building and unit dots should be crisp. Probably cliffs and water boundaries also.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

hao wrote:One more thing i wanted to discuss here. I'm glad the minimap is fixed now. But i don't like the way it's anti-aliased. I'd prefer inaccurate but crisp and clear not-anti-aliased minimap. At least building and unit dots should be crisp. Probably cliffs and water boundaries also.
The fixed radar will not be blurred on full zoom steps (one mouse wheel click is ±0.25 zoom steps).
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Ah ha ha, i could've never guessed what does this option do (:
I think this should be made more intuitive, but i can't come up with a better option label right now :|