New testing build for pre-3.0-1 is now up!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
AniZIne
New user

Re: New testing build for 3.0 is now up!

Post by AniZIne »

zarulhairee wrote:probably the resolution? thats a bug, but temporary fix for you is try to reducing your graphic properties like from 32 bit to 16 bit. or from 1280X800 to 800X600. make sure to put those on ticket
didnt work
dbX
New user

Post by dbX »

Hi. I'm new to the forums but I'm often on the #wz2100 channel (under the name de_jean_7777) so some of you may know me.

I've tested 3.0 and it crashes after some time, usually 5-10 seconds after I've started the campaign or skirmish. It always crashes. The PC is running XP SP3, with Intel 82945G (i945G) and a Pentium Dual Core E2220. The graphics drivers are the latest, though Intel has not updated them in quite some time (and most likely never will).

Changing graphics settings does not help at all. Sometimes It would crash during the loading screen with a run-time error message box (no details are provided).

Here is the log file.

Code: Select all

--- Starting log ---
info    |11:58:02: [screenInitialise] Using VBO extension functions under the core names.
info    |11:58:02: [screenInitialise] OpenGL 2.0 is not supported by your system, using fixed pipeline.
error   |11:58:27: [TopLevelExceptionFilter] Exception handler failed to create file!
I blame Intels shoddy OpenGL drivers on this.
Also, here's the RPT file: http://pastebin.com/G26Vz7YB
Last edited by dbX on 20 Oct 2010, 00:14, edited 1 time in total.
All the sexy babes want me... to fix their PC.
phly95
Greenhorn

Post by phly95 »

:D this is awsome except for the sky glitch where at a cirtain angle, the sky is black, other than that, it is much more beautiful than the original one made in the 1990s! :lol2: but considering how old the original game was made, it had pretty cool graphic before but are now obsolete.
phly95
Greenhorn

Post by phly95 »

also, it still needs HD cutscenes, but what was just released is a big step to getting to that point
Mr_E
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr_E »

i like how you added more players to the limit say adding the #'s between 8-2 however, i would like to know, would / could there be more than 8 players?

also i run my warzone on a dual PENTIUM core computer soo you cant really get much worse... and 3.0 works just fine, you know excluding the keyboard problems
I'm not always on but when I am you know it.
Dalton
Trained
Trained

Post by Dalton »

Mr_E wrote:i like how you added more players to the limit say adding the #'s between 8-2 however, i would like to know, would / could there be more than 8 players?
With more than 8 players it would cause more sync issues and currently if you try to play with 8 players you have a high chance of crashing/freezes.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

dbX wrote:I blame Intels shoddy OpenGL drivers on this.
Yeah, crash in the graphics driver. If you ever wanted to switch to Linux, here's your chance, reportedly Intel graphics actually works there.
Mr_E wrote:i would like to know, would / could there be more than 8 players?
Not without a lot of work, the current maximum is quite hardcoded.
dbX
New user

Post by dbX »

cybersphinx wrote:Yeah, crash in the graphics driver. If you ever wanted to switch to Linux, here's your chance, reportedly Intel graphics actually works there.
Well, this is a work PC, and I like to play WZ during my nightshifts. I don't think they'd let me install Linux, though I use it at home (with a graphics card that actually works).
All the sexy babes want me... to fix their PC.
Mr_E
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr_E »

wow :shock: well then, i was just suggesting after all, i think more ppl want to join games that have more than 8 ppl...

wait dbx... what do you mean "nightshifts" like a night guard? or something like that?
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

AniZIne wrote:ok... cant start the game... after i click the icon the screen flashes once changes the arrow to the game`s one then flashes again and nothing... that happens in a fraciton of a second :D

W7
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3227
phly95 wrote:also, it still needs HD cutscenes, but what was just released is a big step to getting to that point
Sure thing, as soon as you make them...
dbX wrote:...
I blame Intels shoddy OpenGL drivers on this.
Also, here's the RPT file: http://pastebin.com/G26Vz7YB
Correct!
Roach wrote:My only problem is Warzone 2100 is modding related and only wishes to increase the limit of design components,
This request belongs on http://sourceforge.net/apps/ideatorrent/warzone2100/ or viewforum.php?f=30 not here.
Happy Camper wrote:Did you change the weapon ranges? I seems to me that some weapons have a rather limited range (machine gun tower, hpc hardpoint, tamk killer emplacement). Machine gun towers seem also to have a problem to shoot over walls (larger minimum shooting distance?).

Anyway, great work, I will continue testing!
Nope, non of that was changed. The new targeting code may have something to do with this though.
hao wrote:KenAlcock: True, looks like i have this problem as well (:

And i still have this problem :( New clear cliffs by Jorzi didn't make it to this version yet.
I don't have time to fix them, but if anyone wants to do this...
I know it's not very humble to ask for this, but ... maybe it could become a good example of an N-player map (N!=2,4,8) included in warzone2100-3.0? :oops: :wink:
I don't have a problem with this, as long as the has no errors in it (read your log files), has a full base (so people can pick advanced bases and be all set like the stock maps), and everyone else likes the map. :)
and it ends here.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Buginator wrote:
hao wrote:KenAlcock: True, looks like i have this problem as well (:

And i still have this problem :( New clear cliffs by Jorzi didn't make it to this version yet.
I don't have time to fix them, but if anyone wants to do this...
Maybe it could be made at least a little better by making cliffs a little darker compared to gravel/snow? This won't fix more complicated mountains, but at least make the game a little more obvious. Here's an image from the stock "Mountain" map:
mountain.png
I can't exactly see from the screenshot on the right how did these trucks get over here. If i didn't know in advance, i'd rather believe they reached here from highground on the left.

By the way, something needs to be done to the decal marked with the blue circle. It looks very ... squared :D
Buginator wrote:
I know it's not very humble to ask for this, but ... maybe it could become a good example of an N-player map (N!=2,4,8) included in warzone2100-3.0? :oops: :wink:
I don't have a problem with this, as long as the has no errors in it (read your log files), has a full base (so people can pick advanced bases and be all set like the stock maps), and everyone else likes the map. :)
Works for me :) The first two points, at least :)
Mr_E
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr_E »

i like the older textures better, just you know without the lines...
Mr_E
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr_E »

let me suggest something, can the arcangels get their map wide range back?
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Mr_E wrote:let me suggest something, can the arcangels get their map wide range back?
No, that would mess with balancing. Ask Zarel why he reduced the Archangel range and you'll know :wink:

BP :ninja:
Mr_E
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr_E »

so be it... i just love the rain XD