New testing build for pre-3.0-1 is now up!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: New testing build for 3.0 is now up!

Post by Zarel »

Erm, Archangel range hasn't changed since the 2.2 betas... Are you talking about before that?
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Zarel wrote:Erm, Archangel range hasn't changed since the 2.2 betas... Are you talking about before that?
I think he was talking about the Archangel range before the 2.2 betas (25000 instead of 15360 or 195 tiles instead of 120 tiles) if he was refering it's "wide map range".

BP :ninja:
Maroy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Maroy »

Don't take Mr_E too seriously. I have to deal with him in real life and he's just as much of a pain. His favorite Warzone strategy is turning off VTOLs and then using Cheat Engine to spam Archangels. I'd hate to think about what he's going to do with the transports now...
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

I'm not sure But the overall look Of pre-3.0-1 is not as crisp and clean as trunk is. Just the impression I get from looking at the cliff textures.

I may be wrong :)

Regards Berg

PS: Ignore that above seems the texture page size was stuck on 256
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Maroy wrote:Don't take Mr_E too seriously. I have to deal with him in real life and he's just as much of a pain.
Yeah, reality sucks :(
His favorite Warzone strategy is turning off VTOLs...
Meh... No VTOL games are for people who neglects AA defense or don't know how to use VTOLs/can't stand for being owned by VTOLs :stare:
...and then using Cheat Engine to spam Archangels.
This is real intriguing :annoyed: The Black Dragon Clan do not tolerate cheating in Warzone and take this very seriously. Members who got caught using Cheats/Hacks in Warzone will be immediately banned from our clan :lecture:
I'd hate to think about what he's going to do with the transports now...
Maybe... spamming Super Transporters with something bad-ass inside? :annoyed:

Sorry for posting off-topic stuff. Now we can go back to the topic. 8)

BP :ninja:
Mr_E
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr_E »

hey i'm adapting my strategy to support vtols i actually have a good Vtol and ground strat, yes i use cheat engine and i am working to fix it, and about the "map wide" thing what i'm referring to is, this: i could build Arcangels in my base on one side of the map... say 8c-wheel, build a sensor tower on the other side and they would still be able to own enemies, if you want me to leave BDC i will then...
I'm not always on but when I am you know it.
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Lets not get it off topic, here's a proper thread for this => viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6654
Boris
Trained
Trained

Post by Boris »

hi all..I returned XD . what's new in this version 3?..i do not have time to try and read it all .. new maps? models or campaign?. I see that this version has about 150mb.i believe that there is much new .. regards to all and go for it ... hear it .. XD XD
Happy Camper
Trained
Trained

Shooting over walls

Post by Happy Camper »

I liked to place towers behind walls or six packs of hardpoints - 2x3 scourge is my favorite - in the previous versions. In 3.0 this does not work as before, towers behind walls do not fire over walls most of the times.
The mini rocket tower is not firing as long as the attackers stick to the wall.
The mini rocket tower is not firing as long as the attackers stick to the wall.
mini-rocket.png (180.45 KiB) Viewed 8400 times
Here, none of the MG tower is shooting, only the flamer is.
Here, none of the MG tower is shooting, only the flamer is.
Before I open a ticket I would like to know if this behavior is intended.

Also, I noticed flickering when I jump at place of the map, e.g. by hitting .
dak180
Trained
Trained

Re: Shooting over walls

Post by dak180 »

Happy Camper wrote:I liked to place towers behind walls or six packs of hardpoints - 2x3 scourge is my favorite - in the previous versions. In 3.0 this does not work as before, towers behind walls do not fire over walls most of the times.

Before I open a ticket I would like to know if this behavior is intended.

Also, I noticed flickering when I jump at place of the map, e.g. by hitting .

Yes, as part of the new targeting code, shots will not pass though solid objects (including your walls), so if a tower does not have line-of-sight to a target it will not fire.

To get similar results to what you are trying to achieve, try using indirect fire weapons like mortars.
User:dak180
Keeper of the Mac Builds
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Does this mean if you have a cluster of hardpoints, only the front line will fire?
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Bruno Rodolfo
Trained
Trained

Post by Bruno Rodolfo »

Buginator wrote:...
[*] How do the new terrain textures look ?
[*] Testing that you really can't shoot through terrain.
[*] Testing the new MP transport, we need feedback on balance and everything else involved with it.
[*] Testing maps with 3/5/6/7 players. Build said maps with FlaME 1.10+ via the checkbox next to X-players (beta)!
[*] Performance issues (The new terrain renderer requires a bit more power from your graphics card.)
this version will promise to be good !!!!!!!!
Happy Camper
Trained
Trained

Post by Happy Camper »

effigy wrote:Does this mean if you have a cluster of hardpoints, only the front line will fire?
Seems so. If this is intended, it does not work properly yet, because sometimes towers behind walls shoot like they used to.
Anyway, I think this is a major change of gameplay and voids a lot of peoples strategies.
This means that you cannot protect towers by walls, which is very useful to defend your base in early game phases, especially against AI opponents who tend to throw lots of units at you in the beginning.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Seems so. If this is intended, it does not work properly yet, because sometimes towers behind walls shoot like they used to.
There's just a dead zone right near the wall, but it looks correct. I didn't notice anything unusual. I just protected a row of towers by walls, and it worked well enough. But still, yeah, it certainly affects the game balance. But i like the way it affects it (:

By the way, i recommend seeing this to everyone who says that "AI opponents who tend to throw lots of units at you in the beginning"
marsbound2024
Trained
Trained

Post by marsbound2024 »

Great job guys! I can't wait to give this a try.