The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Re: 2.3.2 has been released!

Post by Rman Virgil »

effigy wrote:come again?
effigy wrote:Plain English with complete thought.
j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:effigy, That should have been done as homework. And you cheated. :lol2:

Frankly, I more often than not don't get what RV says, but I do look up the words to interpret his cryptic communication better. :wink:
:lol2: .... there is method to my "madness". :P

- RV 8)

effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Rman Virgil wrote:.

I see 2 fine posts submitted while writing my response. I'll let my response stand though I'm tempted to speak to the "plain English with complete thought" reference - but won't. ;)
Nor is it necessary. I assume that came across as trollish, but that wasn't my intent.
Hmmm. admittedly I'm doing a lot of thought compression in that single sentence that could, & has, filled volumes. Let me think of a particular cogent example that would illustrate concretely over the general terms I used ........

Ahhh.... wait.... I just thought of 2 rather settled historical examples that may serve us here; the trial of Socrates in its full context and Galileo's defense of Copernicus in 1616 before the Catholic Church in Rome and subsequent events.
I think the point of your original post made it through and that's what counts. I'll contain the urge to pick it apart further :)
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:
effigy wrote:come again?
effigy wrote:Plain English with complete thought.
effigy, That should have been done as homework. And you cheated. :lol2:

Frankly, I more often than not don't get what RV says, but I do look up the words to interpret his cryptic communication better. :wink:
lol, I did need to look up a few words...it's more the lack of punctuation, and perhaps some of the grammar that made this a difficult read.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

effigy wrote: lol, I did need to look up a few words...it's more the lack of punctuation, and perhaps some of the grammar that made this a difficult read.
Really. Hahaha. Would green be your favorite color ?

If your going to be a boor at least strive for some panache.

Alas, I'm not surprised. This ilk is all too familiar and rather common hereabouts. To find fault in style being more the mission than evaluating substance, which appears to have no merit judging by your expressed focus. Though, in the end, I would dispute your grammatical expertise. ;) I'm sure Henry James would be an impossible read for you; Proust, a veritable nightmare. :ninja:

So now, maybe, the constructive substance can be focused on.

To wit:
Rman Virgil wrote:Still, KukY raises a fair number of valid points that are not at all difficult to address if there is a basic will to do so.

Perhaps a cogent discussion, in a dedicated thread, towards articulating a set of objective, transparent, map excellence baseline criteria or metrics would be a useful enterprise for all with vested interests in the continued robust evolution of WZ in all its many facets as a game and the active community engaged inclusive.

It certainly couldn't hurt, I would think. And bandwidth would be as much a non-factor as distro inclusion (at least at this stage).
Is that substance sufficiently clear and comprehensible ? If not, I think I might be able to break it down to a romper room level. Or maybe not. :hmm:

- RV 8)

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

ok, time to get along now. nothing more to see here. move along, move along... before it goes to the off topic split. thankyou. :lol2:
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Really. Hahaha. Would green be your favorite color ?
:lol2:
:idea:
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
PkK
Trained
Trained

Post by PkK »

cybersphinx wrote:
KukY wrote:I am also suprised that it is in-game... There are lots of maps that are better than it, and aren't included with the game...
A lot of maps don't have bases, and imo that's a prerequisite for including new maps (though the included Cockate and Cockpit don't have them...).
There is no Cockpit map included in this release.

Philipp
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

PkK wrote:There is no Cockpit map included in this release.
There is, but Cockate is used instead of Cockpit because of bugs in the game.
Bruno Rodolfo
Trained
Trained

Post by Bruno Rodolfo »

this version is very good, but it crashes every time .........
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Bruno Rodolfo wrote:this version is very good, but it crashes every time .........
When does it crash for you? SKr, MP or CAM?
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Bruno Rodolfo
Trained
Trained

Post by Bruno Rodolfo »

j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:
Bruno Rodolfo wrote:this version is very good, but it crashes every time .........
When does it crash for you? SKr, MP or CAM?
all these...
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Bruno Rodolfo wrote:all these...
Dude, i think you should report in help/troubleshooting so that the professionals can diagnose your problem.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

A crash report would be really nice, for the record.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Zarel wrote:A crash report would be really nice, for the record.
yeah, but i felt like he needs help on how to report the bug, considering he complained here :roll:
-- Ambrose Bierce
Bruno Rodolfo
Trained
Trained

Post by Bruno Rodolfo »

ok.....