Updated agreement

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Updated agreement

Post by Kamaze »

We just updated our website agreement to clarify some things.
So, you are pleased to re-accept these on the next forums login.

The following has changed:

** "Forum" has been replaced by "Website". Means this agreement is expanded to the whole website now. Due the forums account is used in the wiki as well.

** A addition at (marked bold):
With an upload of a message, you'll give us a not time limited right to publish them
(This includes attachments and other content as well).
** The passage:
Please keep in mind, that we reserve us the right to move, delete or modify posts without any warning or reason.
We also reserve us the right to decline new registrations and delete,modify or suspend useraccounts temporary or permanently without any warning or reason.
Has been replaced by:
Note that there are maybe additional rules in some categories or forums or other parts of this website.
In the case of a violation to this agreement, you may reckon that we modify, delete or suspend your account or post. We also reserve us the right to modify, move and delete posts and accounts i.e. in the case of cleanups and restructuring.
We hope that this removes some misunderstandings.
If you don't want to accept to the new agreement, feel free to write a mail to "contact [at] wz2100 [dot] net" and we'll remove your account.

Regards,
the Warzone 2100 Resurrection Team.
Last edited by Kamaze on 21 May 2007, 07:56, edited 1 time in total.
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
madman2k
New user

Re: Updated agreement

Post by madman2k »

I'm not really comfortable with this change. Its not that I dont want you to publish my comments. Its that I want taht others can do it too. therfore I would appreciate if you could use the Createive Commons BY-SA instead, like it is used for instance in the ubuntu wiki.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

the reason the above changes were placed there is due to spammers and persons wanting to upload copyrighted materials .

:)
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

madman2k wrote: I'm not really comfortable with this change. Its not that I dont want you to publish my comments. Its that I want taht others can do it too. therfore I would appreciate if you could use the Createive Commons BY-SA instead, like it is used for instance in the ubuntu wiki.
Well, we don't want an 'exclusive right' to publish them, or? ;)
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

Kamaze wrote: Well, we don't want an 'exclusive right' to publish them, or? ;)
i hope not... and i'd hate to find out who the "we" is in an open source project.
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

'We' means the official website respectively the official staff respectively the operators of this project.
And this sentence was ironic, we don't want an 'exclusive right'.

Nothing annoys more than a member which get into a conflict with project x which yells at the end "I want you to delete all my posts etc...".
Even if it is a very useful information or if it would it destroy the sense of a conversation. Then they appointing to their 'copyright' on their posts to 'enforce' the deletion. Mostly just to give a last .... to the website. Thats the reason for the "With an upload of a message, you'll give us a not time limited right to publish them (This includes attachments and other content as well)." passage.

However, due fairness our members are able edit and delete there posts and accounts on there own.
As long the account isn't deleted or suspended.

Well, that was my little statement to the agreement. I hope i was able to explain some things more deep. :)
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

Kamaze wrote: However, due fairness our members are able edit and delete there posts and accounts on there own.
As long the account isn't deleted or suspended.
but what happens if a user deletes the first post in a thread? does it delete the whole thread, and if so, does that not squelch all those who responded?
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

kage wrote: but what happens if a user deletes the first post in a thread? does it delete the whole thread, and if so, does that not squelch all those who responded?
An Error Has Occurred!
  You are not allowed to delete the first post in a topic.
If you want to delete this topic, click on the Remove Topic link, or ask a moderator/administrator to do it for you.
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

You didn't read the Agreement, or? ;)
Agreement wrote: While your account is active, you have the possibility to change or modify your own messages in the forums (This excludes Topics). If your account get suspended or deleted, this possibility expires.
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

Kamaze wrote: You didn't read the Agreement, or? ;)
i only read the parts i plan on violating... so no, i didn't read it.
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

Well, i think we are very liberal in the most things, compared to some other forums.
And i think, as long we can drive this way without major problems, all is fine. :)

However, nothing is as bad as it looks. ;)