2.3 beta 13 is released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Re: 2.3 beta 13 is released!

Post by Saberuneko »

cybersphinx wrote:Have you noticed the changed location for crashdumps etc.?
YES! There's no file matching the date I tried to host the game!
Crymson
Trained
Trained

Post by Crymson »

What gives, you can't change the AI position or color anymore?
O_o
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

Hope this info is useful... If I run WZ normally, it closes when I click "host"

But if I run warzone through Ollydbg, it doesn't close.
What I don't know, is why does it happen... Explanation?
I haven't got time, but I'll attach the log of the run I did with Olly later... I have to go to sleep now.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Saberuneko wrote:Hope this info is useful... If I run WZ normally, it closes when I click "host"

But if I run warzone through Ollydbg, it doesn't close.
What I don't know, is why does it happen... Explanation?
I haven't got time, but I'll attach the log of the run I did with Olly later... I have to go to sleep now.
What is going on is, our exception handler couldn't handle the exception.
AFAIK, we only have 2 cases where it fails, 1) driver crash (video/sound) or 2) we blow up the stack.

I would like to see the output of that debugger, to see what it found. :hmm:
and it ends here.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Zarel wrote:
themac wrote:The old bug is still present where Warzone crashes to desktop suddenly. It takes an hour or more until this happens. Sometimes it helps to load an older savegame again, but if the savegame is too close at the timepoint of crash, the game seems to do the same thing again and again that causes the crash. If the time point is not too close, the game does different things and the crash does not occur again at the time point where expected (but later then...)
As far as I know, that's caused by overheating. The only solution is to close other programs, or buy a newer computer.
That could be the case, or it could be something else.
Too hard to tell, but most of the time, crashes to desktop are the result of driver bugs, hardware failure (overheating, CPU errors, RAM errors), or we blew up the stack.

Bottom line is, if we can't replicate it, then not much we can do about it. :stressed:
and it ends here.
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

A single question, how do other videogame developers for solving that hardware bugs? (I just say that because there are lots of games that doesn't have that problems)

Anyway, If you want to check what did that debugger say, just try it. http://www.ollydbg.de/
It's free! ;3
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Saberuneko wrote:A single question, how do other videogame developers for solving that hardware bugs? (I just say that because there are lots of games that doesn't have that problems)

Anyway, If you want to check what did that debugger say, just try it. http://www.ollydbg.de/
It's free! ;3
Eh? O_o
Post the logs, I don't need to run that debugger... the problem is on your end, since it works for me (tm).
and it ends here.
BunkerBlaster
Trained
Trained

Post by BunkerBlaster »

Saberuneko wrote:I cannot host MP games in this new beta! Warzone just closes giving no error. :augh: :augh: :augh:
I recently had the same problem. Though I cannot pinpoint the problem I can tell you what worked for me.

1) Install lastest graphic driver.
2) Go to add/remove programs and uninstall warzone.
3) Go to add/remove programs and uninstall OpenAl.
4) If you have multiple versions of warzone installed, go to each warzone directory and run the uninstall in each warzone directory.
5) Install The version of Warzone that you want.

Hosting option 1

A) Verify you only have one software firewall running. Whatever firewall your runnning verify you have a exception for Warzone 2100 and UPnP.
B) Verify Warzone config file has UPnP=1
C) Verify router has allow other users to make changes. (allow UpnP)
D) Verify that TCP ports are not forward to another computer in your router or that anyone is using DMZ mode on another computer, if they are you will not be able to host.

Hosting option 2 (my configuration)

A) Do not allow UPnP
B) Verify Warzone config file has UPnP=0
C) Set router to NOT allow users to make changes. (does not allow UpnP)
D) Forward TCP ports in router for warzone to your computer. (port 2100 and 9990)

Hosting option 1 works providing that cleanup of UPnP is done. Some torrents do not remove the forwarded ports when the program is closed so that is why I say to check. There are also some video download sites that open ports and do not close them. Some routers you can select an option to automaticly clean up after UPnP.

I prefer Hosting option 2, its more secure and pretty much worry free but you have to manually open ports in router.

You may also want to verify you dont have a bad map. (partial download or poorly made). Try hosting first with a stock map. If your using a map pack move it out of the map directory until you have problem resolved.
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

Thank you, I just uninstalled completely as you said, and reinstalled, and now seems like working! ^^

And yes, I had multiple installations, I forgot to uninstall B12. :P
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

Ah that is VERY useful to note! will remember that in future :lecture:

-regards macuser
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Saberuneko wrote:Thank you, I just uninstalled completely as you said, and reinstalled, and now seems like working! ^^

O_o. That really should make no difference. The installer will overwrite the files if they are already there.
and it ends here.
BunkerBlaster
Trained
Trained

Post by BunkerBlaster »

Saberuneko wrote:Thank you, I just uninstalled completely as you said, and reinstalled, and now seems like working! ^^

Buginator wrote:O_o. That really should make no difference. The installer will overwrite the files if they are already there.
Not if someone installs to different directories without uninstalling previous versions. Some people do not uninstall, they install to multiple directories and dont necessarily install in order of release.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

BunkerBlaster wrote:Not if someone installs to different directories without uninstalling previous versions. Some people do not uninstall, they install to multiple directories and dont necessarily install in order of release.
It still shouldn't matter.
You can have as many copies of wz as you want on the machine, if they have different install directories. The only thing they share is the stuff in <config dir>. It should never cause any conflicts by just running different versions. Loading save games from different versions may not work, but everything else should.
and it ends here.
BunkerBlaster
Trained
Trained

Post by BunkerBlaster »

Buginator wrote: It still shouldn't matter.
You can have as many copies of wz as you want on the machine, if they have different install directories. The only thing they share is the stuff in <config dir>. It should never cause any conflicts by just running different versions. Loading save games from different versions may not work, but everything else should.
Actually I suspect OpenAL or the installer. Like I said in first post I don't know what exactly the problem is but uninstalling warzone from all installed directories and uninstalling OpenAL fixes the problem for the next installation. This actually happened to me twice, but I cannot make it repeat deliberatly. (the config directory was left alone and is not the problem)