2.3 Beta 12 released

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
MeatShield
Rookie
Rookie

Re: 2.3 Beta 12 released

Post by MeatShield »

kringled wrote:I can confirm via play that Tank Killer's work fine in campaign now. It also makes the Collective TK vehicles rather more dangerous.

Keith

this may be the reason why im having so much trouble now in campain.. the level im on, the vtol's have tank killers and so do the hover they send. i die in a min and a half.....

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5088
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

MeatShield wrote:
kringled wrote:I can confirm via play that Tank Killer's work fine in campaign now. It also makes the Collective TK vehicles rather more dangerous.

Keith

this may be the reason why im having so much trouble now in campain.. the level im on, the vtol's have tank killers and so do the hover they send. i die in a min and a half.....

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5088
O_o
AFAIK, there hasn't ever been any balance changes made for the campaigns.
Only in skirmish/mp.
and it ends here.
kringled
Trained
Trained

Post by kringled »

I quote from the OP:
cybersphinx wrote:
[*] Campaign:
  • Fix: Fix Tank Killer angle bug in campaign (r10212)
To my best understanding, this wasn't so much a balance change, but a change to the minimum elevation that TK's would fire at (unlike most other direct fire weapons, it was set at 0). It also matches what TK's do in MP/skirmish. Before the fix, the last thing you wanted to do was hold the high ground with TK units, as they wouldn't fire downward, even on very minimally rippling ground.
I don't think it affected VTOL TKs at all, as they ran fine for me before the change.

Keith
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

In my defense, a buncha users were reporting the TK thing as a bug.

Show of hands; who wants me to nerf campaign TK? Vote here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5102
MeatShield
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MeatShield »

hmm.. yeah iv tried again in this map many many times already to beat the mission. one rocket can kill a tank. now, shoulnt weapons with this power come later in the game? becuase i just took an hour trying again to beat this level and i cant do it. i remember meeting them with the tank killer in earlyer missions pre update and i had weaker tanks and they couldnt destroy them this fast.