2.3 Beta 11a is released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: 2.3 Beta 11a is released!

Post by Zarel »

kringled wrote:In the Changelog, HPV is referred to as now being a penetrating weapon - what does that mean exactly?
Means if it hits a cyborg or tank, it will go through it and continue hitting stuff behind it.
Starfire13
Greenhorn

Post by Starfire13 »

Zarel wrote:
kringled wrote:In the Changelog, HPV is referred to as now being a penetrating weapon - what does that mean exactly?
Means if it hits a cyborg or tank, it will go through it and continue hitting stuff behind it.
Does it pierce through structures?, cliffs?
© 2002 Starfire Inc.
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

How do I get rid of the naff timer/game title on the screen? Hope the dev is not simply finding things to do now...
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Starfire13 wrote:Does it pierce through structures?, cliffs?
No. There's a reason I said cyborgs and tanks only.
zydonk wrote:How do I get rid of the naff timer/game title on the screen? Hope the dev is not simply finding things to do now...
...huh?
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Zarel wrote:
zydonk wrote:How do I get rid of the naff timer/game title on the screen? Hope the dev is not simply finding things to do now...
...huh?
I think he means the bit on the screen that displays the map name and the time elapsed so far for that game.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Mysteryem wrote:
Zarel wrote: ...huh?
I think he means the bit on the screen that displays the map name and the time elapsed so far for that game.
That's it...thanks Myst.

Have been sticking with 224 - too many betas - but need one now to play latest DyDo. So the redundant timer etc are new to me. (Hitting Enter gets me time elapsed, if I need it; and having set up the game, I know where I am.) O/wise it is a distraction in a HUD that is still a miracle of concision.
Siber
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Siber »

Yo dawg. synch issues, wut.

(Just finished a long MP game with units some players could see that others couldn't, without a dysnc. Will make a better post about this later.)
crux
Trained
Trained

Post by crux »

Siber wrote:Yo dawg. synch issues, wut.

(Just finished a long MP game with units some players could see that others couldn't, without a dysnc. Will make a better post about this later.)
it is definitely worse than beta 10.

my other post was deleted about this issue in the other thread.
no idea why.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

crux wrote:it is definitely worse than beta 10.

no idea why.
I just checked the moderator logs. No one's ever deleted a single one of your posts. The last time anyone did anything to any of your posts was here: viewtopic.php?p=46086#p46086

In general, we will only delete spam posts, or posts that say something like "Edit: nevermind, please delete this". Otherwise, as far as I know, we always just edit the post and replace parts of it with something like "[X removed for reason Y]"

You may have misremembered. I notice you also accuse us of doing so here: viewtopic.php?p=50168#p50168 - in the future, I'd appreciate if you didn't jump to conclusions.
crux
Trained
Trained

Post by crux »

Zarel wrote:

no idea why.
I just checked the moderator logs. No one's ever deleted a single one of your posts. The last time anyone did anything to any of your posts was here: viewtopic.php?p=46086#p46086

In general, we will only delete spam posts, or posts that say something like "Edit: nevermind, please delete this". Otherwise, as far as I know, we always just edit the post and replace parts of it with something like "[X removed for reason Y]"

You may have misremembered. I notice you also accuse us of doing so here: viewtopic.php?p=50168#p50168 - in the future, I'd appreciate if you didn't jump to conclusions.
O_o ok, so where did it go? viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4883 was the place I wrote before about the sync issues.

I sometimes get cranky if I don't see a reason why the post was deleted.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

crux wrote:O_o ok, so where did it go? viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4883 was the place I wrote before about the sync issues.

Maybe you forgot to hit "Reply"?

I checked the moderator logs again. None of your posts have been touched since January 27.
crux
Trained
Trained

Post by crux »

Zarel wrote:
crux wrote:O_o ok, so where did it go? viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4883 was the place I wrote before about the sync issues.

Maybe you forgot to hit "Reply"?

I checked the moderator logs again. None of your posts have been touched since January 27.
WTF?
Then how did I get quoted? O_o
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

crux wrote:WTF?
Then how did I get quoted? O_o
The quoted post is here: viewtopic.php?p=49566#p49566
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

no idea why.
That thread and this build are pretty much identical. That is why it was moved into this thread, the other one should be locked so nobody can comment about that build there.
However, it looks like it didn't keep a shadow copy of the post in there.

In any case, sorry for the confusion.
Your post is in the first page of this thread.

I just want to hear about the sync issues.
hao wrote:I still have problems with cyborgs' legs walking around without their bodies.
wz2100_shot_004.png
I have done quite a few things to make it happen, and while I can make something close (as in walking legs), I can't make the game do it without me tinkering the code.

We really need some help to determine how the heck this is going on.
Does map choice make a difference ?
Does how many people that play a level make a difference ?
Does it happen on multiple games (as in back-to-back) ?
What tech level does this happen on?
No bases / full bases?
Any other info we are missing?
:stare:
There is a good reason for doing this, (and it has *always* been on for debug builds), and the plan was to make a toggle for it, I just haven't gotten around to do it yet.
The reason is, when people report bugs, they don't have a clue what level they are on.
This will help us debug those situations.

Merged into one post. Hey, Buggy, did you know that you can click "Quote" in the "TOPIC REVIEW: 2.3 BETA 11A IS RELEASED!" section at the bottom of the posting screen, to quote multiple posts in one?
and it ends here.
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Buginator wrote:
There is a good reason for doing this, (and it has *always* been on for debug builds), and the plan was to make a toggle for it, I just haven't gotten around to do it yet.
The reason is, when people report bugs, they don't have a clue what level they are on.
This will help us debug those situations.
Right. Toggle would do it...