The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: 2.3 Beta 10 is released!

Post by Zarel »

Buginator wrote:We could change it into oil drums? :|
Artifacts only show up on the screen of the player that destroyed the structure, iirc. Oil drums would show up to every player, and the player that owned the structure would probably grab it...

We could definitely change the Nexus Link drain to draining power. That would be a pretty cool effect, too... after the structure is out of resistance, the Nexus Link starts demolishing the structure...
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Zarel wrote:Artifacts only show up on the screen of the player that destroyed the structure, iirc.
They show up on your screen if you get in it's range...
Zarel wrote:We could definitely change the Nexus Link drain to draining power. That would be a pretty cool effect, too... after the structure is out of resistance, the Nexus Link starts demolishing the structure...
That would be cool...
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

You kidding? the second would be amazing! (Especially against cheating AIs)

I rather like the idea of replacing artifacts with oil drums... usually whatever artifact I get is useless.
"There is no greater Void than the one between your ears." - Void Ray, StarCraft 2.
Especially the Void between the ears of people who think that No VTOL is a good idea, and won't lead to arty wars. I've won one, and I have to say: I hated it.
grvalderrama
Rookie
Rookie

Post by grvalderrama »

I've played a few skirmish games, seems to work properly, balance is ok... nothing to complain. Thanks, im playing some more now!
grvalderrama
Rookie
Rookie

Post by grvalderrama »

Ok, i don't know WTH happened, I was trying 1 skirmish game with Aivolution mod, and when im "ready" the game crashes... tried 3 times and happens the same. I don't know how to make a report, the error said that I should upload the 2 attached files. Here's what the .txt says:

info |10:04:41: [SDL_main] mod_mp (aivolution.wz) is enabled
error |10:04:45: [iV_GetCharWidth] Couldn't retrieve a bounding box for the character code 241
error |10:04:45: [iV_GetCharWidth] Couldn't retrieve a bounding box for the character code 237
error |10:04:51: [iV_GetCharWidth] Couldn't retrieve a bounding box for the character code 241
error |10:04:51: [iV_GetCharWidth] Couldn't retrieve a bounding box for the character code 237
error |10:04:54: [iV_GetCharWidth] Couldn't retrieve a bounding box for the character code 241
error |10:04:54: [iV_GetCharWidth] Couldn't retrieve a bounding box for the character code 237
error |10:05:10: [iV_GetCharWidth] Couldn't retrieve a bounding box for the character code 241
error |10:05:10: [iV_GetCharWidth] Couldn't retrieve a bounding box for the character code 237
error |10:05:17: [scrv_error] VLO parse error: Template Cyb-Hvywpn-Mcannon not found at line 473, text: 'Cyb-Hvywpn-Mcannon'
fatal |10:05:17: [dataScriptLoadVals] Script player0.vlo did not compile
error |10:06:32: [resLoadFile] resLoadFile: The load function for resource type "SCRIPTVAL" failed for file "player0.vlo"
fatal |10:06:32: [resLoad] Failed to parse wrf/multi/skirmish4.wrf
fatal |10:06:36: [startGameLoop] Shutting down after failure

Well, I should play classic mode now...:S Bye!!
Attachments
stderr.txt
(1.28 KiB) Downloaded 353 times
warzone2100.RPT
(103.53 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

grvalderrama wrote:Ok, i don't know WTH happened, I was trying 1 skirmish game with Aivolution mod, and when im "ready" the game crashes... tried 3 times and happens the same. I don't know how to make a report, the error said that I should upload the 2 attached files. Here's what the .txt says:
Aivolution is no longer supported.
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

grvalderrama wrote:Ok, i don't know WTH happened, I was trying 1 skirmish game with Aivolution mod, and when im "ready" the game crashes... tried 3 times and happens the same. I don't know how to make a report, the error said that I should upload the 2 attached files. Here's what the .txt says:

error |10:05:17: [scrv_error] VLO parse error: Template Cyb-Hvywpn-Mcannon not found at line 473, text: 'Cyb-Hvywpn-Mcannon'
I think it's a problem with the Super Heavy Gunner template, maybe choose another template, like Super HPV Cyborg.

I just noted too that AI is trying researching things that are can't be researched no more, like Lancer Cyborg, Combat Engineer, Mechanic Cyborg, Thermite and Flamer Cyborg.

Maybe it can cause some problems and may crash the game sometimes, but rarely.

I can send to you a fix for that, i'll post it in "Showcase" thread :)
Zarel wrote:Aivolution is no longer supported.
Neverminded about that, i included that AI on Warzone 2120 mod, it's quite challenging an funny, but lags a bit in some parts of gameplay. Too bad they don't build VTOLs.
GPolice
Trained
Trained

Post by GPolice »

Black Project wrote:...they don't build VTOLs.
Teach him that ;). My Aivoltuion Build many Swarms of VTOLs when i dont have Flaks and when i dont have Flaks he comes with Artellery than he come with VTOLs ;)
grvalderrama
Rookie
Rookie

Post by grvalderrama »

Hi, in the forum "A note about our releases" I wrote about a "bug", that it's not actually, but it's affects the balance of the game in the Beta 8 release. Well, there is the same problem in the Beta 10 release. Here it is:

"The 2.3 Beta 8 release has this particular problem with Rail guns (Needle, Rail and Gauss) that could destroy lots of units that the blast of energy didn't hit. In fact, the blast of energy doesn't destroy the unit that hits, destroys the units behind that unit in the same line. And I'm not talking about cheap weak units, I mean the high-tech and expensive ones."

It's kind of annoying having a large army and see it being destroyed so easily. Ok, that's my report :D See you all.
Ahh, could you please someone tell me how to play online? Thanks!
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

It's been fixed for 2.3 beta 11; no worries. Thanks for reminding us, though.