The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
crux
Trained
Trained

Re: 2.3 Beta 9 released!

Post by crux »

Saberuneko wrote:Awesome!

One thing, it crashes when closing for me. Not a real problem, but a little weird anyway...
not weird
it does this for me also.
when will beta 10 be out?
PkK
Trained
Trained

Post by PkK »

Recently I playes a beta9 multiplayer game 2 vs. 2 vs. 2 vs. 2. With two of the teams being AI only and the other ones mixed.

Each one of us killed one AI enemy, my ally got killed, in the end it was an artillery battle.

We encountered a few problems:

- Already reported resource discovery message spam.

- My ally was attacked early, survived, but lost it's power generators. It never rebuild them. Even when I gave it some energy and trucks, it build all types of buildings and units, even conquering the center for a while and having over 16 oil derricks. None of them moved, since it never built a power generator. Late rit got killed completly, I again gave it some trucks, this time it built a generator. But it never tried before rebirth. It got killed again, I cleared an enemy base at a safer location, and gave my ally some trucks for a revivial there. Instead of building in that location, it just drove those trucks into it's old, now held by the enemy base.

- The other human player reported that one of the AI players he attacked became passive: The AI had launched a cyborg attack, then he counterattacked. When he started sieging the AI base, the AI still had over 8 oil derricks and some factories, but it did not build any units.

Philipp
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

When starting a game with T3 level both HMG and flamer turrets are not available, is this intentional?
My Warzone 2100 mods:
Download DyDo-AI for Warzone skirmish/multiplayer games.
Download A2C-HM (Alpha 2 Campaign - Hard Mode).
Download A3C-HM (Alpha 3 Campaign - Hard Mode).
KenAlcock
Trained
Trained

Post by KenAlcock »

DylanDog wrote:When starting a game with T3 level both HMG and flamer turrets are not available, is this intentional?
Flammer is replaced by Inferno and HMG is replaced by Assault Gun.
My game handle is Cosmic Raven or Cosmic Raven 68
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

KenAlcock wrote:
DylanDog wrote:When starting a game with T3 level both HMG and flamer turrets are not available, is this intentional?
Flammer is replaced by Inferno and HMG is replaced by Assault Gun.
yep, was stupid question....
My Warzone 2100 mods:
Download DyDo-AI for Warzone skirmish/multiplayer games.
Download A2C-HM (Alpha 2 Campaign - Hard Mode).
Download A3C-HM (Alpha 3 Campaign - Hard Mode).
guciomir
Trained
Trained

Post by guciomir »

does it mean you are working heavily on T3 and T2 balance? :D
Raem_Lylar
Trained
Trained

Post by Raem_Lylar »

cycler wrote:Not sure if this is a bug or not, but when i finish the campaign with beta9 nothing happens. I'm pretty sure there are no enemy units hanging around...

Anyone know?

Paul
It is a bug that has been around since 1.x original series, just use the let me win cheat if nothing happens.
If you do not want to cheat, clearing the final mission within 1:30-2:00 hours should fix it.
Main: Arithyce
crux
Trained
Trained

Post by crux »

they said on their mailing list a new beta will be out this weekend
kringled
Trained
Trained

Post by kringled »

In playing the single player campaign with 2.3 beta 9, I get inconsistent evaluation of commander/sensor experience. Sometimes they are rated as they should be (according to the charts on guide.wz2100.net), sometimes they are rated while in game as one level higher. (I.e. a commander with 1400 kills is rated as a hero, shows the star on screen, and allows attachment of 22 direct fire units). Evaluation seems to always be correct when the level is complete on that summary screen.
I'm honestly not sure if this has been reported before or not.

Keith
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

kringled wrote:In playing the single player campaign with 2.3 beta 9, I get inconsistent evaluation of commander/sensor experience. Sometimes they are rated as they should be (according to the charts on guide.wz2100.net), sometimes they are rated while in game as one level higher. (I.e. a commander with 1400 kills is rated as a hero, shows the star on screen, and allows attachment of 22 direct fire units). Evaluation seems to always be correct when the level is complete on that summary screen.
I'm honestly not sure if this has been reported before or not.

Keith
Hah! I know what's causing this... I'll try to fix it before the next beta. :)
Mats
Trained
Trained

Post by Mats »

PkK wrote:It got killed again, I cleared an enemy base at a safer location, and gave my ally some trucks for a revivial there. Instead of building in that location, it just drove those trucks into it's old, now held by the enemy base.

- The other human player reported that one of the AI players he attacked became passive: The AI had launched a cyborg attack, then he counterattacked. When he started sieging the AI base, the AI still had over 8 oil derricks and some factories, but it did not build any units.
The first problem seems to happen everytime - If you give an ally who has lost their base trucks and power, they will always try to build back where it was, even if that place is now covered in hardpoints with all derricks capped by an enemy.

Passive AI happens sometimes too, especially when you siege. Does this problem happen on DyDo? If not, then you can play that on multiplayer to fix this problem.
Full of ideas - Most are probably useless. Feel free to ignore them :)
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

Some improvisative AIs would be cool! So they try to set another base on some safe point, instead of coming back.
Vibonacci
Greenhorn

Post by Vibonacci »

Tank killer not obeying to fire at will properly bug (ie not shooting) is still there :( Lancer works good though. UPDATE: the problem seems to have fixed itself in general; rarely occurs anymore (im playing early gamma missions so im using Tank killer's all the time)

The program doesn't shut down properly... windows always thinks it crashed when I closed it normally. This has properly been reported already :P

Also I get MUCH lower fps with V sync turned on then off. In battles it drops to 30-40... not unplayable. Don't know if it is my videocard (radeon 9600 pro) or a bug. I always use V-sync with my 60hz tft.

Furthermore I want to say I like the new way the building shows up in green when using que command (ctrl) with your trucks. However while selecting the exact placement of a building I think the 'model building' shows up unnaturally at the right of the cursor.

Last thing: I have assigned open build menu to 'b' button. When I press it in game the command console confirms the key pressing: "Build menu will reopen". However it doesn't actually do it :/
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Vibonacci wrote:Tank killer not obeying to fire at will properly bug (ie not shooting) is still there :( Lancer works good though. UPDATE: the problem seems to have fixed itself in general; rarely occurs anymore (im playing early gamma missions so im using Tank killer's all the time)
...I don't know, Tank Killer is now identical to Lancer in everything except the standard price/range/damage stuff.
Vibonacci wrote:The program doesn't shut down properly... windows always thinks it crashed when I closed it normally. This has properly been reported already :P
Known; fixed.
Vibonacci wrote:Last thing: I have assigned open build menu to 'b' button. When I press it in game the command console confirms the key pressing: "Build menu will reopen". However it doesn't actually do it :/
"Build menu will reopen" toggles the option of whether or not the build menu reopens after you place a structure. It doesn't open the build menu directly.

The Build menu is always F3.