Most importantly, the crash when calling in reinforcements in the campaign has been fixed.
The crash when trying to join a network game via IP has also been fixed. The password interface has been improved. Cheat mode is now always enabled, you don't need --cheat anymore. Not many other changes since there wasn't much time since Beta 5, see the detailed changelog below.
Savegames from Beta 5 (and 4) should still work; for multiplayer, all players need to use Beta 6.
The Windows installer for this release was built on a different system than those up to Beta 4, please report any irregularities. If your virus scanner complains about it, please report it to the maker as a false positive (and tell us, so we can report it to them as well). The installer is cross-compiled on a Linux system, the hosting is done on Linux, the file never even touched a Windows system before the download.
As usual, we need bug reports to fix problems in the game. Please note that we use tickets only to track bugs, for discussions about how features should work and feature requests we have a dedicated forum section.
For bug reports, see BugReporting for details, in short:
- Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in SVN, the ticket will be closed.
- If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
- If there is no report yet, make a new ticket.
- Be as detailed as possible in both summary ands description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
- The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems, so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems... if you have.
- When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can be zipped).
As usual, downloads can be found on our download page.
2010-01-06: Version 2.3 beta 6
- Change: "--cheat" command line option no longer necessary for cheat codes. (r8976)
- Change: New codes "cheat on" and "debug" for turning on debug mode, and "cheat off" for turning it off, in case Shift+Backspace isn't working. (r8976)
- Change: Do soft fading of fog of war. (r9008)
- Fix: Crash when calling in reinforcements in campaign. (r8966)
- Fix: "make dist" now includes autorevision.conf in the tarball, so the version is displayed correctly when compiling from source. (r8957)
- Change: Game lobby is now bigger. (r8936)
- Change: Password is asked in a separate dialog, instead of below lobby. (r8936)
- Change: Do not display the two Warzone logo backdrops. (r8934)
- Change: Add a shadow to the sideways text to make it more readable. (r8931)
- Fix: Crash when trying to join a game via IP. (r8999)
- Fix: Players list didn't appear when exiting from limits screen. (r8962)
- Fix: Change all missile upgrades to use Scourge icon, since the Avenger icons were somewhat confusing. (r8959)
- Fix: Always save changed droid templates. (r9014)
- Fix: Host can change position and color of other players, really this time. (r8991)
- Fix: Players will not automatically quit and disconnect after losing a multiplayer game. (r8969)
- Fix: Give an error message when joining a multiplayer game is unsuccessful, instead of crashing or causing others to crash. (r8937)
- Fix: Sync improvements. (r8975)
- Change: Readd outgoing traffic shaping. (r9006)
- Change: Remove excessive log messages. (r9005)
- Change: Don't forward port 9990, we only need 2100. (r9012)
- Change: Do UPnP device detection only when going to the "Host Game" menu. (r9013)