This release has squashed some more bugs from beta 3, and a few new things were added as well.
Most importantly, we note that ".message" is now an easy way to send "message" to all your allies. No need to mess with broadcast settings anymore.
NOTE, old skirmish savegames will NOT work with this release. Single Player savegames should still work!
Also we would like to welcome artist Mysteryem to the staff.
The main point of these beta releases is to get as much feedback as we can for the newer netcode, and we need to see how much better this code is compared to the older code.
Call for help with testing!
We need everyone to test multiplayer games, we just don't have enough devs to play full 8 player games!
We need to know about sync issues, and everything else multiplayer related, as well as any other issues in campaign games.
Help us make the 2.3.0 release better!
***NOTE: 2.3 games can't play with 2.2.x games!
Everyone must use the same version to play. So update today!
For a complete list see the Changelog.
As always: Please report all bugs, without them, we can't fix them!
Since there is some confusion on how to handle bug reports, I have decided to post the bug reporting guidelines here:
Bugs are different kinds of errors and glitches that sometimes can even lead to crashes. Due to the limited resources of the Warzone 2100 Project not everything can be tested prior to release. In order to be able to fix those bugs we need you to report those bugs. For the bug reports to be the most helpful we put up this page as a guide to writing good bug reports.
How to report bugs
- Use the search to find out, if your bug has not been reported yet.
- If you did find it there and you have more information than was provided by the original reporter, add your information.
- If you did not find it, submit a new bug report
- Write something meaningful into the summary. Not just "I found a bug", but instead write "Crash when building units" (for example).
- Give a very detailed description of the bug and how to reproduce it. This is the most important information!
- If you are using the trunk version from Subversion, be sure to add the used revision, too.
- If you are using a version from a package repository, be sure to add information on the package.
- State which operating system and version of it you are running. This includes the service pack under Windows and the distribution on Linux.
- Information about the game options you chose and the drivers (video/audio) you use and your hardware is very useful to us.
- Additionally you could provide backtraces, logfiles, screenshots and other additional information you can get as an attachment. (Backtraces in pastebins ("nopaste") or on upload sites are NOT useful.)
- Savegames that can reproduce the issue are very much welcomed! Package the savegamename.gam, savegamename.es (if exists), and everything in the savegamename folder as well in a zip file.
- If you can, please attach the crash mini dump file to your bug report. If you are using an executable you compiled yourself, please attach the executable as well, so that the developers can use it to extract information from the dump file.
- On Windows, you can find stderr.txt & warzone2100.RPT (crash dump file) in the same directory as warzone2100.exe is in.
- On Linux, you can find the crash dump in /tmp.
As always, download from http://wz2100.net/download
2009-12-13: Version 2.3.0 beta 4
* New: For windows people only, show a popup window for errors. (r8652)
* New: Add config variable 'UPnP' to enable/disable UPnP detection / routines. 1=on, 0=off, default is ON. (r8651)
* Change: Don't add UPnP redirects in singe player skirmish (r8649)
* Fix: Loading savegames would sometimes make you the wrong player - this breaks all skirmish savegames - campaign savegames are fine (r8626)
* Fix: Fixed endianness issues - PowerPC Macs can now play with others (r8593)
* Fix: Hardware-accelerated cursors work correctly in Mac OS X (r8611)
* Fix: Some crashes (r8596, r8636, r8677)
* New: ".message" sends message to allies (r8640)
* Change: "5message" appears as "(private to Blue) message" instead of "(private) 5message" (r8640)
* Fix: "5message" now sends message to player in position 5 instead of ID 5 (r8640)
* Fix: Game setup screen updates now happen instantly, instead of every 2 seconds (r8603)
* Fix: AI difficulty slider can now be dragged continuously (r8601)
* Fix: Map download progress doesn't clear chat screen anymore (r8603)
* Fix: Map transfers should no longer crash. r8667
* New: Multiplayer alliances menu now appears in Intelligence screen (r8638)
* Change: Show proximity blips again for oil resources, but they do not blink on map (r8587)
* Fix: Multiplayer alliances menu sorted by position again (r8638)
* Fix: Bug that caused transporter not to disembark when auto-repairing and allow order to be queued (r8624)
* Fix: Don't allow players to control the transport in single-player campaign. (r8666, r8670)
* New: Function droidCanReach() allows checking if droid destinations are possible (r8644)
* Change: AI will set all its droids to 'do or die' and no longer build repair centers (r8681)
* Fix: Make AIs go for closest oil first (ticket:1166, r8632)
* Change: New wall models for the player in campaign and in multiplay (r8665)
* Updated: French (r8614), Italian (r8661), German (r8662)