2.3 Beta 3 is out!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
CFG
Greenhorn

Re: 2.3 Beta 3 is out!

Post by CFG »

Some things I noticed during first game:
  • I cant compile the source for AMD64: Is there a reason you link against libGL32?
  • I dont see oil or artifacts on the mini map unless I have a satellite command center. Is this a bug or feature?
  • I got a "SIGSEGV: Invalid memory reference: Address not mapped to object" when playing a game on Sk-Domination-T1. Will file a bug report, once my chroot for 32 bits is set up properly (see first issue)...
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

CFG wrote:I cant compile the source for AMD64: Is there a reason you link against libGL32?
Need some more information. What platform are you trying to build on?
CFG
Greenhorn

Post by CFG »

Host: Debian "testing", AMD64
Target: Debian "testing", AMD64

at least that was the plan...

To compile & run WZ I need a 32 bits chroot, which is Debian "testing" i386.
Debian does not have any libGL32 package or similar for the AMD64 architecture.
WZ compiles fine for AMD64, till linking. That fails because that libGL32 does not exist. I could copy from my 32 bits chroot, but dont think thats the way it should work.
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

Do you have 64bit opengl libs AND headers on your box?
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

NOTE: We know there is a problem with Skirmish games after you save them, and try to load them. :stressed:

Keep testing the newer netcode though :)
and it ends here.
Korusray
Trained
Trained

Post by Korusray »

i found a way around the skirmish saved game bug, if u want to continue to play a save skirmish start a new one and load from the in game menu works fine for me ^_^
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Korusray wrote:i found a way around the skirmish saved game bug, if u want to continue to play a save skirmish start a new one and load from the in game menu works fine for me ^_^
Looks like it will be fixed shortly.
Though, it also looks like we are breaking old skirmish savegames.
and it ends here.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

(Per's fix breaks campaign savegames too, afaik.)
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Zarel wrote:(Per's fix breaks campaign savegames too, afaik.)
Correct.
mcbask
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mcbask »

Hi, i'v tried 2.3 beta 3 since last weekend. Here's what i found so far:

1. The green "ghost" buiding is fine, but it gets choppy on uneven ground. And perhaps it can retain it's brightness after we click to place it. The dark green ghost somewhat more difficult to see..

2. My savegames from 2.2.4 seem to work fine, except transitions between campaigns, where i don't get power transfer, leaving me with 0 power on the start of the beta n gamma campaign. It's fine though.. I can always restart the campaign..

3. Im using Windows XP, i found that when i play full screen and minimize the game, the cursor is stuck in the corner. It doesn't happen in the previous version or if i play in windowed mode.

Keep up the good work guys!
alienkid10
Trained
Trained

Post by alienkid10 »

I have one question. Does WZ use the registry for anything? If not why not make a Zip/portable version that the DATADIR and other dirs stored in Documents are stored in the same folder or a folder below WZ exe?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

alienkid10 wrote:I have one question. Does WZ use the registry for anything?
No.
alienkid10 wrote:If not why not make a Zip/portable version that the DATADIR and other dirs stored in Documents are stored in the same folder or a folder below WZ exe?
Because OpenAL.

At least, that's why Buggy tells me it's impossible. A portable version exists, but we have no idea how they do it. Maybe they just don't have 64-bit support? Maybe Buggy's wrong about the whole DLL thing?
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Per wrote:
Zarel wrote:(Per's fix breaks campaign savegames too, afaik.)
Correct.
O_o

There is no need for this AFAICT.
I will quickly do a fix before I leave again.

IIRC, you didn't add anything, you just used some once 'dummy' vars into something we can use now. Should be trivial to only check if v36 skirmish games are found, and if so, disallow those.
and it ends here.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Zarel wrote:
alienkid10 wrote:I have one question. Does WZ use the registry for anything?
No.
alienkid10 wrote:If not why not make a Zip/portable version that the DATADIR and other dirs stored in Documents are stored in the same folder or a folder below WZ exe?
Because OpenAL.

At least, that's why Buggy tells me it's impossible. A portable version exists, but we have no idea how they do it. Maybe they just don't have 64-bit support? Maybe Buggy's wrong about the whole DLL thing?
Eh?
A) *I* much rather have the configdir dir in the same location as the program. That is how I always play my games. (via adding --configdir .\config on the command line, and .\config MUST be made before you issue the command!)

B) Without the openAL router installed, then they will not have any sound. Not sure if it will crash or what.

And the main reason for A) is, that we are in a multi-user environment, so to play be "MS's rules" we had to stick the config dir there.

In short, we could release a so called portable version, just add a 'config' directory, and then add the correct params to the shortcut. Then again, it is dead easy for anyone to do this, so it really isn't worth it.
and it ends here.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Buginator wrote:Eh?
A) *I* much rather have the configdir dir in the same location as the program. That is how I always play my games. (via adding --configdir .\config on the command line, and .\config MUST be made before you issue the command!)

B) Without the openAL router installed, then they will not have any sound. Not sure if it will crash or what.

And the main reason for A) is, that we are in a multi-user environment, so to play be "MS's rules" we had to stick the config dir there.

In short, we could release a so called portable version, just add a 'config' directory, and then add the correct params to the shortcut. Then again, it is dead easy for anyone to do this, so it really isn't worth it.
Well, okay, so, in other words, we can have a portable version, it just won't have sound?

Doesn't the version on PortableApps have sound? How do they do it?