Upcoming server movement.

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Upcoming server movement.

Post by Kamaze »

In the next couple of days I'm going to shut down the whole site and move it to a new server. Since it isn't easily possible to enable a "read-only" mode it is neccessary to take everything offline. The takedown will happen around 1 day before to have a reasonable time frame to migrate the data. Depending on your Provider it can also take 1 or 2 days until the DNS changes are taken into account.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Re: Upcoming server movement.

Post by KukY »

Sad.
But we can survive it.(We survived campagin,did we?)
Depending on my provider,I'll be able to go to this site again in about 5-7 days...
totorakoto
Greenhorn

Post by totorakoto »

WOW...... How long ?
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Arr!
I couldn't play WZ during my birthday, but the site is looking very good now!
xD
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

I'm missing the last updated topic on the forum front page for each section.
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

There were also some bigger changes "under the hood". It's all slightly buggy and bland right now. This will change over the next days. I'm sorry that it took that long, the site was up somewhat quickly, bit the DNS made some problems. As for the phpBB3 mods I applied, this is delayed until the phpBB 3.0.6 is released.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Site looks great now.It's also much faster.
One question Kamaze:Can you bring back that "Show your posts" link?
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

What do you mean? This?

search.php?search_id=egosearch
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

It's still there, and it's still in the same place, and it's still called "View your posts"
malibuFR
New user

Post by malibuFR »

is the lobby server on ???
it seem http server is on same ip that lobby

did you forget to launch the demaon ???
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Well, the only feature I'm missing if the forementioned "Most recent post" topic name - That's handy to quickly know if there's new topics with high activity.

But, as kamaze said, the site's going through many changes, small or big, during the next days, so I think we should wait patiently for some time, before asking for the return of a feature. Likewise, the "Most recent post's topic name", under the board index, is of pretty much unanimous utility, so it must be a question of time!

btw, I've also noticed that the response is quicker than before dunno if it's because people are still coming back after the freeze. :P
malibuFR wrote:is the lobby server on ???

I'm also getting the "unable to communicate with the lobby server" message I got when the server was moving. :(
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

malibuFR wrote:is the lobby server on ???

Yes, now stop spamming the forums. This is literally the fifth time you've posted this.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Olrox wrote:Well, the only feature I'm missing if the forementioned "Most recent post" topic name - That's handy to quickly know if there's new topics with high activity.

But, as kamaze said, the site's going through many changes, small or big, during the next days, so I think we should wait patiently for some time, before asking for the return of a feature. Likewise, the "Most recent post's topic name", under the board index, is of pretty much unanimous utility, so it must be a question of time!
Erm... it's right in the same place it used to be... Try recaching (Cmd/Ctrl+Shift+R in Firefox)
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Zarel wrote:
Olrox wrote:Well, the only feature I'm missing if the forementioned "Most recent post" topic name - That's handy to quickly know if there's new topics with high activity.

Erm... it's right in the same place it used to be... Try recaching (Cmd/Ctrl+Shift+R in Firefox)
Ahh, forget. I didn't spot the small option on the top of the list. If someone got the same problem, there's an option atop the board index, "Show recent posts"
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Olrox wrote:Ahh, forget. I didn't spot the small option on the top of the list. If someone got the same problem, there's an option atop the board index, "Show recent posts"
...where were you looking for it? I'm pretty sure it was in the exact same place as before.