2.2.2 has been released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

2.2.2 has been released!

Post by Buginator »

The developer staff brings you the release of Warzone 2100 2.2.2.
The most noticeable fix in this release is that people should have significantly fewer crashes*, as well as less problems with sounds and numerous other fixes in this release as well. For a complete list see the Changelog.

As always: Please report all bugs, without them, we can't fix them!
Since there is some confusion on how to handle bug reports, I have decided to post the bug reporting guidelines here:

Bug Reporting
Bugs are different kinds of errors and glitches that sometimes can even lead to crashes. Due to the limited resources of the Warzone 2100 Project not everything can be tested prior to release. In order to be able to fix those bugs we need you to report those bugs. For the bug reports to be the most helpful we put up this page as a guide to writing good bug reports.

How to report bugs
  • Use the search to find out, if your bug has not been reported yet.
  • If you did find it there and you have more information than was provided by the original reporter, add your information.
  • If you did not find it, submit a new bug report
  • Write something meaningful into the summary. Not just "I found a bug", but instead write "Crash when building units" (for example).
  • Give a very detailed description of the bug and how to reproduce it. This is the most important information!
  • If you are using the trunk version from Subversion, be sure to add the used revision, too.
  • If you are using a version from a package repository, be sure to add information on the package.
  • State which operating system and version of it you are running. This includes the service pack under Windows and the distribution on Linux.
  • Information about the game options you chose and the drivers (video/audio) you use and your hardware is very useful to us.
  • Additionally you could provide backtraces, logfiles, screenshots and other additional information you can get as an attachment. (Backtraces in pastebins ("nopaste") or on upload sites are NOT useful.)
  • Savegames that can reproduce the issue are very much welcomed! Package the savegamename.gam, savegamename.es (if exists), and everything in the savegamename folder as well in a zip file.
  • If you can, please attach the crash mini dump file to your bug report. If you are using an executable you compiled yourself, please attach the executable as well, so that the developers can use it to extract information from the dump file.
  • On Windows, you can find stderr.txt & warzone2100.RPT (crash dump file) in the same directory as warzone2100.exe is in.
  • On Linux, you can find the crash dump in /tmp.
Now that you know all this, use http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket to create a bug report!
Thanks!

As always, download from http://wz2100.net/download

Change Log

2009-08-23: Version 2.2.2
General:
  • Change: Add the ability of allied players to share sensors (ticket:636, r7900)
  • Change: Stop rotation when "Continue" is pressed after winning a multiplayer/skirmish game (r7887)
  • Change: Show when a game was saved in a tooltip on the loading screen. (r7864, ticket:682)
  • Fix: Cannot display more than one game from lobby. Also fix a lobby display issue. (r7839, ticket:691)
  • Fix: Various checks and workarounds to make game run more stable (r7836, r7894, r7889, r7883, r7881, r7851, r7847, r7842, r7822, r7910 / ticket:759)
  • Fix: Crash due to path length overflow (r7916, ticket:738, ticket:765)
  • Fix: Bug that caused some keyboard shortcuts to be unusable in multiplayer since they were considered cheats (r7856)
  • Fix: Verify that our "target" is still around before doing fire support with it. (r7910, ticket:759)
  • Fix: Fix crash length overflow by capping path lengths to max 255 nodes. (r7916, ticket:738)
  • Fix: Fix a typo, we wanted to display "???" when ping is >=2000 (r7922)
  • Fix: Fix camera bug in warcam code. Patch by i-NoD (r7924, ticket:757)
  • Fix: General order/action code cleanup (r7926)
  • Fix: Fix segfault when trying to read target of droid with no target in aiUpdateStructure (r7928)
  • Fix: Use _NSIG in the exceptionhandler if available for *BSD compatibility. (r7972, ticket:818)
  • Fix: Add correct linker flags for openbsd to configure. (r7974, ticket:819)
  • Fix: Disable locales without translation. (r7969, ticket:813)
  • Fix: NTW updated to 1.8.7 (r7998 - r8009)
  • Fix: When babas are burning, we always play the scream now. (r8025, ticket:830)
  • Fix: Make sure we have a valid color choice for our SP game, when we are coming from a MP game. (r8032)

Translations:
  • Fix: Commit Portuguese translation. (r7943, ticket:783)
  • Fix: Updated translations (r7880, r7877, r7875, r7871, r7868, r7863, r7861)

Graphics:
  • Fix: Increase video buffer size from 4K to 256K. This fixes playback of videos with a bitrate larger than ~2000kbps. (r7981)
  • Change: Add a north pointer for the rotating radar. (r8013, ticket:769)

Sound:
  • Fix: Fixes the removal of unused (sound) sources. (r8012, r8026, ticket:770)
*according to Zarel :|
and it ends here.
Kreuvf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 2.2.2 has been released!

Post by Kreuvf »

Yay ^_^ xD
dragoncrusher
Greenhorn

Post by dragoncrusher »

does the color fix means, i cant use black or pink when i play the SP =(
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

Woot! You ppl are greate! Big thank you! ^_^
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
dragoncrusher
Greenhorn

Post by dragoncrusher »

NOOOO!!!! i can play as black =(

i wanna play in black =(

at least the saved game of me being black in color works still =)
WOOT!!
hal58th
New user

Post by hal58th »

Thanks guys. As always, good work! Keep up the updates, I was getting worried there for a while.
zereoin
New user

Post by zereoin »

Thanks guys. Just in time for a LAN we're having. I owe you big time.

P.S. Does anybody know if that tutorial for the A.I. is out of date since it names a directory that I don't seem to have. I found a file with A.I. scripts. Should the tutorial be updated maybe?
Last edited by zereoin on 23 Aug 2009, 15:30, edited 1 time in total.
Origin
New user

Post by Origin »

Great job! thanks for keeping Warzone alive! I suggest maybe you make your own campaign series, that would be sweet
Warzone Forever!
yamar
Trained
Trained

Post by yamar »

when is the mac version of 2.2.2 being released?

Cheers, Yamar
JimPansen
Greenhorn

Post by JimPansen »

Builds out of the box. Made my day! xD
yamar
Trained
Trained

Post by yamar »

huh?
yamar
Trained
Trained

Post by yamar »

how exatly do you build it out of the box... was that for OSX, or windows? cant build it n my mac - the computer cant find the file "macosx" :(

I guess ill have to wait for the actual release...

Cheers, Yamar
thelion
Rookie
Rookie

Post by thelion »

Great! I've only had a few crashes in previous versions, and this should get rid of the rest.

Best regards
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

yamar wrote:how exatly do you build it out of the box... was that for OSX, or windows? cant build it n my mac - the computer cant find the file "macosx" :(
Someone who says "builds out of the box" is probably running Linux... Windows/Mac users rarely build software themselves. ;)

If EvilGuru doesn't have a Mac build tomorrow, I'll try my hand at it.

Strangely, "New icon for Mac" is missing from the changelog. Well, either way, Mac OS X users, you have a new icon to look forward to! :D
NEXUS
Trained
Trained

Post by NEXUS »

Am I allowed to have both this and 2.2.1 installed at the same time? just in seperate folders? and also, do most mods for 2.2.1 work in 2,2,2? And are mods put together the same way for 2.2.2 as they are in 2.2.1? Is it just the command line activation that was changed for mods?

Thanks a lot in advance. :D