Warzone 2100 version 2.2.0 Final!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: Warzone 2100 version 2.2.0 Final!

Post by Buginator »

erlando wrote:i have problem when i try to host game in multiplayer. When i start hosting game, i get system message: Error while registreing game with the lobby server: is port 2100 open? Because of this, i think nobody can´t see my game. I dont now whats the problem is because ports 2100 and 9990 were open? i have noidea could i see other players games because i havent seen none but i´m playing v2.2 for the fist day and maybe no1 has playing it when i tryed to do it.
Thanks for all help,
Ernie

Sorry for bad english
Do you have a dial up modem?

Next time, do --debug net --debugfile netfile.txt

and attach netfile.txt to http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
and it ends here.
erlando
Translator

Post by erlando »

I made new ticket and tried the game a bit- worked fine(i liked ntw mod :D ) and i even saw when other players hosted. It means that i have problem only with hosting.i have had problems with hosting with older versions too, because never has nobody joined game what im hosting :( ,ecepting when my brother used ip to join<lobby(search) could not find the game.
sorry for bad English

Ernie
erlando
xfire-erni11
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

erlando wrote:I made new ticket and tried the game a bit- worked fine(i liked ntw mod :D ) and i even saw when other players hosted. It means that i have problem only with hosting.i have had problems with hosting with older versions too, because never has nobody joined game what im hosting :( ,ecepting when my brother used ip to join<lobby(search) could not find the game.
sorry for bad English

Ernie
Responded. Basically, you got either a very slow connection, or, port 2100 is blocked.
and it ends here.
JimPansen
Greenhorn

Post by JimPansen »

Hi there!

Three things:

1) Good Job!!!

2) The Link on the main page, "2009 May 31 - Warzone 2100 version 2.2 Final", is wrong. It's viewtopic.php?t=3005 (which is the link for rc1), while it should point to viewtopic.php?t=3100.

3) I can't build version 2.2.0 (on Linux). The beta and rc1version worked, though. The following problems were encountered:
  • Most (all?) of the yacc/lex sources are missing in the 2.2.0 package (warzone2100-2.2.0.tar.bz2). I copied the ones from 2.2_rc, then it worked.
    Those files were in 2.2_rc1 but not in 2.2.0 (the *.vcproj/*.win32 and other files I also copied - just in case - are included for completeness):

Code: Select all

warzone2100-2.2.0/lib/framework: resource_lexer.l resource_parser.y strres_lexer.l strres_parser.y framework.vcproj makefile.win32
    warzone2100-2.2.0/lib/script: chat_lexer.l chat_parser.y script_lexer.l script_parser.y makefile.win32 script.vcproj
    warzone2100-2.2.0/lib/gamelib: audp_lexer.l audp_parser.y gamelib.vcproj makefile.win32
    warzone2100-2.2.0/src: message_lexer.l message_parser.y scriptvals_lexer.l scriptvals_parser.y stats-db2.tpl stats-db2.tpl.sql.c stats-db2.tpl.struct.h makefile.win32

• Because "-Werror" seems to be on, some files could not be compiled (due to warnings). I'm not sure if this is wanted in a release build package. After manually copying the gcc commandline for those files and omitting the -Werror everything worked.
    The files in question were:

warzone2100-2.2.0/lib/widget: form.c slider.c
    warzone2100-2.2.0/src: game.c multigifts.c multiint.c multiplay.c objmem.c scriptobj.c
  • Not a problem, but also not optimal for release builds:
    In the main menu, at the right edge of the screen, the version info shows "r0", as the real revision could not be obtained via the perl/svn/git autorevision magic right at the beginning of the build process. Maybe a plain "2.2.0" would be more obvious for a realease build?
Keep up the good work! :D
Alex

PS: Should I open a ticket for this?
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Yes, open a ticket and paste the warnings you got, please.

2.2.0 release was built with 'make dist' unlike previous builds, so that is why it is different. It should still build, though. If you want to build a release from scratch, you should pass the --enable-debug=no parameter to configure, that will make it ignore warnings and asserts.
JimPansen
Greenhorn

Post by JimPansen »

Yeah, I found out about --enable-debug=no a few minutes ago, maybe this should be the default setting?

But the real problem is the missing lex/yacc files. The error was

Making all in framework
make[3]: Entering directory `/tmp/warzone2100-2.2.0/lib/framework'
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `resource_lexer.lex.c', needed by `all'.  Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/warzone2100-2.2.0/lib/framework'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/warzone2100-2.2.0/lib'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/warzone2100-2.2.0'
make: *** [all] Error 2
After some investigation, it looks like the *.lex.c files are included in the source tarball, but also in the CLEANFILES variable of the Makefile. A "make clean" will remove those files and after that make won't be able to re-build them, because their sources are missing.

So there are 3 possible solutions:
1) Include the lex/yacc source files in the package (the *.lex.c file may be deleted then).
2) Don't remove the generated *.lex.c files upon "make clean".
3) Just don't do a "make clean" when building Warzone. Obviously I did... :P

Alex
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

I do not understand which sources files you think are missing.

Edit: Oh, I see it now. I will fix it for the next release.
eoria
New user

Post by eoria »

someone can tell me how i can opne the 2100 port? because i can't play any multiplayer game even in local by entering ip adress. thx a lot!
Starfire13
Greenhorn

Post by Starfire13 »

the new version is much better than before. there's a bug in the game that makes some of the units immobilized even if there's no obstacle/s around. also when i'm viewing the intel report about the researched artifact, sometimes the game crashes unexpectedly O_o
© 2002 Starfire Inc.
JimPansen
Greenhorn

Post by JimPansen »

eoria wrote:someone can tell me how i can opne the 2100 port? because i can't play any multiplayer game even in local by entering ip adress. thx a lot!
For hosting an internet game, you need to set up port forwarding on your internet router (for modems this should not be necessary).
-> http://wz2100.net/faq#InternetLANmultiplayerdoesntwork

Also (even if you don't want to host internet games but only LAN games) you need to adjust your firewall (on the hosting computer) accordingly, i.e. allow incoming connections on tcp port 2100.

In case the above actions don't help:
Of course you also need to allow outgoing traffic for ports 9990 (for accessing the lobby) and 2100 (to answer incoming connections). Both should work by default with routers and the WinXP firewall. Other "personal firewalls" (ZoneAlarm or something) may ask you if you want to allow warzone2100 to talk to the lobby server's port 9990 and/or to receive data on WZ's port 2100 (or just silently block it until you reconfigure the firewall).

If you're behind a proxy, things may get complicated. Proxies normally are used in conjunction with very restrictive firewalls and only allow you to view websites (e.g. instant messengers like ICQ and other non-brower-based applications will also be blocked) . Unless you're in company/university/school/internet-cafe or similar LANs, this should not apply to you.

Anybody know if WZ itself can use proxies (without helper tools)?
micka
New user

Post by micka »

Hi all,
I'm new but i love the game i've original warzone 2100 on PS1 and PC.
My friend live in the foyer and he can't play warzone 2100 because there is a proxy...
I have searched the solution and i didn't find, can you help me to find a solution? All port are closed except http,https,...
I've seen on internet that with a program it's possible to use port 443 (https).
On youtube it's possible to use port https thanks to "proxifier": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIIWzkvPuzY
How i use https port for warzone 2100? thanks for your answer. ;)