Version 2.2 beta 2

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: Version 2.2 beta 2

Post by Per »

Raem_Lylar wrote:What is a Radar Detector?
A sensor that detects enemy sensors at twice their range away. A nice weapon against players doing artillery crawl.
Violin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Violin »

stiv wrote:
So this is actually a compliment, right?
Right. :)
谁言别后终无悔,
寒月清宵绮梦回。
深知身在情长在,
前尘不共彩云飞。
TylerP223
Greenhorn

Post by TylerP223 »

Now all we need is a radar jammer to complete the package... but seeing as it is Warzone, we're going to need to need a jammer for a regular radar jammer, a jammer detector, with and without VTOL support, and so on.

As much as I like how WZ has a way of handling artillery, I think there are just way too many diffent sensor options, too bad you couldn't just research an upgrade for vanilla, CB, and RD detectors to add VTOL support instead of having seperate turrets, it would certainly make life easier, CB turret finds something to shoot at, mortars/howitzers/missles/etc. shoot at it until air support shows up to finish the job. BTW, does the Wide Spectrum have radar detector support?

I know its a kind of long rant, but it would certainly make it easier for people who are new to game, three sensor turret types are at lot easier to remember what you can do with than 6, at least until you get Wide Spectrum, then you can just use that one for all your remote targeting needs.
Makary
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Makary »

I cannot start skirmish game. Program starts, but when I trying to start skirmish it crashes and tells me to install Visual c++ library or something. This wasn't in older releases.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

I agree that Warzone has too many not-so-different sensor types. We should improve that one day. And no, Wide spectrum sensor turret does not give you radar detector. The reason for this is that a radar detector is a passive sensor that just listens to the radar broadcasts of the other sensors, but does not itself send out any radar signals, thereby making it invisible to other radar detectors. This means you would rather want this in a separate sensor tower, which the enemy cannot so easily locate.

I have written code for sensor jammers and stealth also, but it is not ready yet, and it is not very high priority at the moment.
JudgeRaynethx
New user

Post by JudgeRaynethx »

lol since i'am new and you tell what is all this so i can get a clear idea
TylerP223
Greenhorn

Post by TylerP223 »

I guess that it would defeat the purpose of having a passive sensor ability on an active sensor.... I am curious about something though, are you still unable to link a sensor to a commander turret, i.e. to give fire support whenever the command turret wants it or do you still have to control each one seperately?
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

alienkid10 wrote:I liked mono space it looked better. Anyway to get it back without recompiling?
You can change the font, style, and whatever else, just change the entries in the config file.
and it ends here.
Omikronman
Trained
Trained

Post by Omikronman »

The radar-detector detects HQ-buildings too. And it detects sensor towers and HQ-buildings that right before they are built up!
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Omikronman wrote:The radar-detector detects HQ-buildings too. And it detects sensor towers and HQ-buildings that right before they are built up!
That's because the HQ is a sensor. So's the Uplink Center, by the way.
TylerP223
Greenhorn

Post by TylerP223 »

Why is there only a non Hardcrete version of the radar detector tower? I haven''t used it enough to find out if that has any affect on its hp.

Just out of curiosity, how is stealth going to be implemented? Is it going to be a seperate stat, like how there's two stats for kinetic and thermal armor? Is it going to be researched as an armor improvement, like other armor upgrades, with different versions affecting the amount of stealth it would provide. How would it apply to the various body types? I guess light armored models would be better at stealth, its a lot easier to hide a Bug than a Dragon any way you look at it, unless there are going to be seperate stealth bodies as well. Would turrets or propulsion matter? VTOLs would be a lot easier to hide just because by the time they would show up on radar, they'll have emptied out their ammo and are on their way to the rearming pad before they can be shot at. Possible game breaker there if they are too stealthy, AA would be useless unless insane amounts were used to fend them off, unless you focus on teching up to the very best AA support and sensor capabilities, which of couse means that instead of getting better guns to actually attack the enemy, you have to focus on defensive capabilities. I may like turtling, but eventually I have to get out of the shell and start kicking ass... okay in my case, getting my ass kicked as soon as I leave my main base. On the flip side, if they aren't stealthy enough, nobody will bother with using it because it might only help out if the enemy is too stupid to research sensor upgrades after stealth should start showing up.

I need to start cutting down on how much I put in one post...
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

As I wrote in another post, I'd prefer to add stealth to new faction.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

I hope you don't mean multiplayer factions. <_<
HLG Dale
Trained
Trained
Location: at a laptop in Bury st edmunds -> (in suffolk) -> (in england)

Post by HLG Dale »

I just finished testing the new Beta2.2 and i enjoyed all of it! no complaints here!! :P
Dale- (Adjective)
means:
A person/s and/or living creture/s addicted to playing Warzone 2100.
Warzone 2100- (Name)
Is:
the best/greatest game in the world/planet that should have continued being developed into a series.