After releasing 2.1 we soon discovered that a problem which popped up on Mac OSX some times was rather easy to fix. Hence this bug fix release.
This release only fixes an issue where saved games wouldn't load properly on big endian systems (e.g. PowerPC a processor common in OSX systems). Additionally the Dutch translation has been updated and is now 49% completed.
The list of changes since 2.1:
- Fix: Double endian swapping bug that caused loading of save games to go wrong on big endian systems, e.g. PowerPC (#96, #127, #177)
- Change: Updated Dutch translation (49%, #200)
The known issues from 2.1 remain.
The full list of known issues:
- Switching languages through the menu, on Mac OSX can cause crashes (#170).
- Save games from the 2.0 series can not be loaded with this version. (NOTE: We do not intend to "fix" this, as we are breaking compatibility with the previous save game format.)
- The multi player code has been improved since beta 2, but running out of sync is still possible.
- The game in general still aborts quite often in debug builds due to failed assertions.
- Save games from 2.1 beta 4 (that, and only that version), can not be loaded with this version. (NOTE: We cannot fix this because the beta 4 save games miss information we need.)
The source code and all available binaries can be found, as usual, at the download page.
The Warzone 2100 Resurrection Project