3.3.0 (beta) Campaign issues

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
AndrewTheOnly
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 19
Joined: 30 May 2018, 20:57

Re: 3.3.0 (beta) Campaign issues

Post by AndrewTheOnly » 13 Mar 2019, 07:55

alfred007 wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 20:58
AndreTheOnly wrote:Thanks for the response. What I meant was that I sometimes downloaded the campaign mod you were posting in the other topic, and I remember it had some changes like the artifact location, weapon balance, and the campaign overall was a lot harder than before. Or is that a part of the new insane difficulty I guess?
The camBalance mod from Berserk Cyborg is a mod where we try to improve the balance. In all version from 3.1.5 on (I never played older versions so maybe from older versions on), there are some overpowered (Lancer, Assault Gun) and also underpowered (all Cannons) weapons. The goal is to give the player several viable choices depending on his playstyle. It's a work in progress so don't expect that it will be implemented into 3.3.0. In general, the campaign becomes harder but especially with insane difficulty. When you're playing with this mod we would appreciate that you post your feedback in this topic to help us with the improvement. Any feedback is welcome, there is no right or wrong. It's helpful if you tell us what you like and also what you dislike. If there is something you dislike please give us a reason and best also an idea of what you want to get changed and in what direction. We can't promise that every idea gets implemented like also not every idea Bethrezen, Berserk Cyborg or I had gets implemented.
Ok, where do I find this mod, and does it apply only to campaign as the name suggests?

AndrewTheOnly
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 19
Joined: 30 May 2018, 20:57

Re: 3.3.0 (beta) Campaign issues

Post by AndrewTheOnly » 13 Mar 2019, 08:06

AndrewTheOnly wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 07:55
alfred007 wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 20:58
AndreTheOnly wrote:Thanks for the response. What I meant was that I sometimes downloaded the campaign mod you were posting in the other topic, and I remember it had some changes like the artifact location, weapon balance, and the campaign overall was a lot harder than before. Or is that a part of the new insane difficulty I guess?
The camBalance mod from Berserk Cyborg is a mod where we try to improve the balance. In all version from 3.1.5 on (I never played older versions so maybe from older versions on), there are some overpowered (Lancer, Assault Gun) and also underpowered (all Cannons) weapons. The goal is to give the player several viable choices depending on his playstyle. It's a work in progress so don't expect that it will be implemented into 3.3.0. In general, the campaign becomes harder but especially with insane difficulty. When you're playing with this mod we would appreciate that you post your feedback in this topic to help us with the improvement. Any feedback is welcome, there is no right or wrong. It's helpful if you tell us what you like and also what you dislike. If there is something you dislike please give us a reason and best also an idea of what you want to get changed and in what direction. We can't promise that every idea gets implemented like also not every idea Bethrezen, Berserk Cyborg or I had gets implemented.
Ok, where do I find this mod, and does it apply only to campaign as the name suggests?
Ok, nvm, I've found it :lol2:

Blujay777
Greenhorn
Posts: 10
Joined: 22 Dec 2015, 07:30

Re: 3.3.0 (beta) Campaign issues

Post by Blujay777 » 13 Jun 2019, 22:34

After trying to download the 3.3.0 Version for macOS, the .zip file unloaded the 3.2.3 version. Am I supposed to download this version, then download the update for the new version? Or is this an error? I'm just having trouble accessing it on my Mac.

Please let me know!

Blujay

Forgon
Code contributor
Code contributor
Posts: 298
Joined: 07 Dec 2016, 22:23

Re: 3.3.0 (beta) Campaign issues

Post by Forgon » 13 Jun 2019, 22:45

Blujay777 wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 22:34
After trying to download the 3.3.0 Version for macOS, the .zip file unloaded the 3.2.3 version. Am I supposed to download this version, then download the update for the new version? Or is this an error? I'm just having trouble accessing it on my Mac.

Please let me know!

Blujay
We do not have a mechanism in the game to install updates.
New versions are installed from scratch. Download 3.3.0 Beta 1 from SourceForge
at https://sourceforge.net/projects/warzon ... ses/3.3.0/.

Blujay777
Greenhorn
Posts: 10
Joined: 22 Dec 2015, 07:30

Re: 3.3.0 (beta) Campaign issues

Post by Blujay777 » 14 Jun 2019, 09:00

After downloading warzone2100-3.3.0_macOS.zip through SourceForge, I still came up with the Warzone 2100 version 3.2.3 for my Mac, as shown below in the screenshot I took right after the download was finished. Is this the latest release for Mac? I'd love to play the most recent version if possible, but I'm having trouble accessing it.

Please let me know.

- Blujay

UPDATE: It seems I understand the problem here -- after researching a little bit, the beta is only available for players with Microsoft operating systems. I'll wait until everything else is done then. Sorry for the confusion.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 11.52.02 PM.png

Forgon
Code contributor
Code contributor
Posts: 298
Joined: 07 Dec 2016, 22:23

Re: 3.3.0 (beta) Campaign issues

Post by Forgon » 14 Jun 2019, 10:45

Blujay777 wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 09:00
After downloading warzone2100-3.3.0_macOS.zip through SourceForge, I still came up with the Warzone 2100 version 3.2.3 for my Mac, as shown below in the screenshot I took right after the download was finished. Is this the latest release for Mac? I'd love to play the most recent version if possible, but I'm having trouble accessing it.

Please let me know.

- Blujay

UPDATE: It seems I understand the problem here -- after researching a little bit, the beta is only available for players with Microsoft operating systems. I'll wait until everything else is done then. Sorry for the confusion.
We do have Mac builds for the latest Beta.
The version number is probably wrong due to some bug.

I have reported this problem as issue #386.
A correct release build is available here.

speedsterharry
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 09 Apr 2014, 07:34

Re: 3.3.0 (beta) Campaign issues

Post by speedsterharry » 26 Apr 2020, 14:56

Hi,

I found the following bug while playing the Gamma campaign:
- Some oil pits are not animated although I have max electric power (I have ZERO oil pits animating and the highest number of electric plant). This only affects the animation and not the oil revenue apparently, judging from the rate my oil level rises. I saved/reloaded the game state and the oil pits now animate like they should have.

- Some mission reports are blank. I think this is intentional, due to Nexus powers infecting the transmissions ?

- (At the penultimate mission, when you are to survive the powerful laser blasts and wait for the password to be decoded by the research team, sometimes you fail the mission though you research all you had to research and you survive the various Nexus attacks... Is this normal ?
I tried protecting the 3 yellow nuclear blocks to no avail.) No I had 2 enemy hover sensors in the vicinity of my base that were not obliterated at 00:00 timer hence the failure.
On to the last mission... the learning curve is steep though

User avatar
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor
Posts: 866
Joined: 26 Sep 2016, 19:56

Re: 3.3.0 (beta) Campaign issues

Post by Berserk Cyborg » 29 Apr 2020, 14:38

Don't remember seeing the derrick animation issues or issues with the mission results. Upload a save if you can.

You likely failed the mission with the laser satellite because a sensor or something else is still on map. All missions on the main map require all enemy objects to be destroyed to advance. My bet is there are a few VTOL strike sensors observing something you own outside your vision range. Though it looks like you figured this out already.

The last mission isn't too hard. It only requires a lot of patience and the knowledge on how to use counter-battery to take out the Nexus artillery. It starts out as a survival type scenario until you can build up enough forces to mount an offensive to safely leave the LZ area.

speedsterharry
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 09 Apr 2014, 07:34

Re: 3.3.0 (beta) Campaign issues

Post by speedsterharry » 29 Apr 2020, 22:50

@berserkcyborg: You're right, there were 2 radar vehicules just out of vision. When killed, I won.
And the last mission is not so hard, when I built 4 repair centers around 2 seraph tracked Python vehicules, it all went a bit smoother. I didn't remember the RR worked this way several years ago, though ? Now, it seems any enemy vehicule seeing me activates the RR against me ???? How deadly....

Post Reply