Warzone 2100 2.1 Beta 2 released

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Troman
Trained
Trained

Re: Warzone 2100 2.1 Beta 2 released

Post by Troman »

Lartza wrote: On windows the Aivolution refuses to attack other bots (Says they are dead, I haven't played with aivolution on linux yet, but when I do I report what happened).
I hope this will fix it. Haven't had such a problem myself though.
?topic=1617.0
bigape
New user

Post by bigape »

Great job on the Beta.  I like the new graphics on the menus and the ability to run as a Window now.

One thing of note though, I added "--mod grim.wz" like in the past to enable cheats.  Then executed Ctrl-Shift-Backspace in the game to use the time toggle cheat and it doesn't seem to work in this beta.  Have you changed the mod name?
pleasedontspamme
Greenhorn

Post by pleasedontspamme »

Any guesses what is up with my main menu? this is with 2.1 beta 2, if I click around, the menu items are there, but no sign of them. did I miss something?
Attachments
ScreenCap.PNG
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

pleasedontspamme wrote: Any guesses what is up with my main menu? this is with 2.1 beta 2, if I click around, the menu items are there, but no sign of them. did I miss something?
We can't help you atm, because our crystal ball is in maintenance.
So we don't know anything about your system / software.
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
bernstein
New user

Post by bernstein »

Hi everyone

this is indeed great news!

now on to the bad news :
i have been running warzone 2.0.x inside parallels vm (i know there is a native osx build) for almost a year and was expecting 2.1 beta2 to run as well. however this is not the case. 2.1 beta crashes the entire vm while showing the initial loading screen (prior to the menu) each time.
i am running warzone on windows xp (sp2 and all updates no other apps/games installed, separate vm for wz2100 2.0.x and 2.1beta2) inside parallels build 5584 on osx 10.5.2. my hardware is a macbookpro (core2duo,4gb ram,geforce8600gt 128mb).

i know this i certainly not a setup you want to support but it is so much more convenient to run stuff in isolated vms... however since it runs rock solid for normal apps and many games i suspect it's some gfx stuff that crashes it.
parallels currently only supports directx8 and has experimental shaders. it does support opengl as well, however i don't know which version... where there any significant changes on how the menu screen is rendered? (i tried with textureSize=64 to no avail, as this probably only affects the gfx while gaming...)

keep up the exceptional

[Edit]
Ok i had a short look at the apple crashreport and supposedly out of the 21 threads parallels was running, the one running GLEngine, probably openGL renderer, crashed... so it seems to be a openGL related thing. does 2.1 bring completely new looks? (i will try on an old winxp box in the next week)
Last edited by bernstein on 25 Mar 2008, 18:28, edited 1 time in total.
ouch
Trained
Trained

Post by ouch »

yes they updated the rendering engine a bit with this release.

However it still runs on my laptops radeon mobility 320m. (think radeon 7000...) So the minimum requirements havn't really risen that I can see.
pleasedontspamme
Greenhorn

Sorry, I'm running a Latitude laptop 1 gig ram, xp, Most resent drivers, and it runs the last stable version of WZ like a spotted ass ape, no problems at all. I tried reinstalling it with or without the foreign language support, no difference other than the load screen. am I sapossed to install something else that I missed, or is it just playing weird? I was hoping to test out this version, as I've been playing wz sincepumpkin first released it.
pleasedontspamme
Greenhorn

By guessing I got to the one player skirmish but when it started it crashed. I attached the crash report.
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

pleasedontspamme
Greenhorn

I Tried beta 1 and it has the same problem. I can see the ocasional letter, but most of the time I can't see nay text on anything, including research during the game.
Ziasod
Trained
Trained

Post by Ziasod »

dutch (11%)

translating further is waste of the time. most understand english fine, the rest excel in french or germans.

the time dutch was the language has been past, it's only in the benefit to be none argrogant about our language in times the euro has hit way overpriced ratings.

do recall 10 years ago dutch been realy important. but downloading this game realy requires some english understanding to start with.

russian ect matter allot more, i recall hole east germany only had rusian and zero english. not that many of eastern germany now excel way beyond my english by now. i did notice for allot of big european countries that dutch were having hard times having do to allot more forgein stuff......

any college before university realy requires you to pass at 1 forgein language in the 4 of 5 year classes. forgein mend as none english, aka latin/french/german. at my college there was no latin doh, at some bigger colleges even spanish and greek was allowed as far as i could tell back them.
Last edited by Ziasod on 26 Mar 2008, 05:49, edited 1 time in total.
I only wish 3 things in life; Beer, Happines and mêh own personal Mamoth tank!
Lartza
Greenhorn

Post by Lartza »

With one game I couldn't recreate the AIvolution refusing to attack in linux without the fix. Haven't tried the fix yet, because I mainly play on linux now.
pleasedontspamme
Greenhorn

well I feel sheepish, I thought that I had beta 2 installed, but it really downloaded beta 1 r1. beta 2 works great. has anyone besides me noticed that artillery attached to a commander won't self heal with auto heal? it works fine once you detach them from the commander.
pleasedontspamme
Greenhorn

Also in a one player skirmish I set it for no vtol factory, no vtol pads, but then both the computer and I could build them in the game anyway.
Sanerker
New user

Post by Sanerker »

Hi, i am russian. Do you need a help with translation?
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Sanerker wrote: Hi, i am russian. Do you need a help with translation?
I think it is around 10% done, and  Terminator is the one doing the translations.

If you can get together and help each other out, that would be great.
Perhaps you can send him a PM, or he may see this.
Update of russian translation to 9% by Terminator
and it ends here.