Warzone 2100 2.1 Beta 1 released

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
hessuu
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Warzone 2100 2.1 Beta 1 released

Post by hessuu »

When I assign factories to commanders, produced units are not assigned to commanders properly. They follow the commander but they are not marked as members of the commander's team. I tried different units and mobile artillery seemed to work alright. Cyborgs did well too.

I use commander a lot and this thing bothers me pretty much.  :(
Andariel
Greenhorn

Post by Andariel »

tried it with the fonts, doesnt work, overwritten the last ones, tried all dl's here (beta1 and beta1-rc1)

this makes me not happy :(
OGG
Greenhorn

Post by OGG »

Got a crash when playing skirmish , there was researsh called cam1 defense/strcuture/unite or something like that , and when i try to searsh it, crash happened.

Im on winXP

i forgot the path of the crash log file , i think it's [url=http://pagesperso-orange.fr/Kenpachi.Sa ... e2100.mdmp]this/url]
JamieSI
New user

Post by JamieSI »

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/warz ... 21489.html

Strategy Informer has mirrored this release, please add us to your mirror list on the official website :) Thanks!
Andariel
Greenhorn

Post by Andariel »

you probably cheated i guess, when you unlock all researches you get access to these tech (started campaign did that cheat crashed and knew cheating is bad^^)
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Post by Kacen »

Still has that problem where when the satellite uplink is created or apparently when you use locked team play and all the radars sync together the sound effects start glitching and not working right.
OGG
Greenhorn

Post by OGG »

no i didnt cheat i don't even knwo how to lol.

it appeared alone at about the start.
bloody_pete
New user

Post by bloody_pete »

Hi guys, i love this game and have been playing for many years, but only just got round to registering on here. For me 2.1 beta keeps crashing randomly, sometimes when loading a skirmish, or clicking through the researched items (love the new sound effects to it). i've attached the MDMP for you to poke at.

Otherwise its great work all round
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

kipman725
Trained
Trained

Post by kipman725 »

hmm to help with the issues I have taken some screen shots, my system is as follows:
x1950pro agp
sempron 3400+
foxconn mobo
windows Xp SP2 (english UK)

On full screen mode the game runs fine (nice and fast) but there is only one block where a letter should be per page of menu.

On Windowed mode I get the menus but with corupted backgrounds and with blocks instead of text and it runs very slow.  Also terain textures are blurey and the game is very slow:
Duel Heavy Cannon Python Tracks... gonna roll right over you
maacruz
Greenhorn

Post by maacruz »

Same problem with fonts on opensuse 10.3, no way to get it working.
Fonts are installed system wide in /usr/share/fonts/truetype, copying them to the local directory didn't help.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

ouch wrote: yes the "bin" directory from those archives are in the exe search path and were extracted to the source directory.

the errors about missing exe files go away so I know it's finding them.

the include and lib dirs are added to the proper search list as well.

searching the drive for the files mentioned yield no results.

as per terminators instructions I still get no text. however I can see the menu text being drawn breifly and then being quickly cleared.
Read this again:
http://download.gna.org/warzone/develop ... .1/msvc80/
MSVC users do NOT follow same instructions for the fonts.  The details are in the readme.

Also please post bug reports on GNA, or in the correct section in the forums.  We need as much details as possible!
List OS, hardware, gfx chipset, and make sure you have the latest drivers for everything.  Most of the texture issues are because of bad drivers.

If it crashes, tell us what you were doing at the time.
and it ends here.
J.Vaughan
Trained
Trained

Post by J.Vaughan »

Guys would post a bug report but first I just want to check if anyone else seems to be having problems with the windows build 1)responding to commands late (as if the game were overloaded) and 2) MP Crashes alot...

The MP crashes could be from a network side of things so I wanted to check. Also, do the clients have to ensure that they're correctly portforwarding as well? Never seemed to have a problem before.

No text problems or texture problems here tough...

---
XP
2G Ram
Intel P4 2.66 GHz
512MB Radeon X1600
Updated Drivers
Tested with all mods, no cheat mode.
INTEL PENTIUM4 2.66GHZ PROCESSOR
2GB DUAL DDR PC3200 SDRAM
RADEON X1600 512MB AGP GRAPHICS CARD
WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION SP2 OPERATING SYSTEM
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

maacruz wrote: Same problem with fonts on opensuse 10.3, no way to get it working.
Fonts are installed system wide in /usr/share/fonts/truetype, copying them to the local directory didn't help.
Can you try quesoGLC v .6.5 instead of the latest .7.0?  That seems to be causing many issues.
and it ends here.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

J.Vaughan wrote: Guys would post a bug report but first I just want to check if anyone else seems to be having problems with the windows build 1)responding to commands late (as if the game were overloaded) and 2) MP Crashes alot...

The MP crashes could be from a network side of things so I wanted to check. Also, do the clients have to ensure that they're correctly portforwarding as well? Never seemed to have a problem before.

No text problems or texture problems here tough...

---
XP
2G Ram
Intel P4 2.66 GHz
512MB Radeon X1600
Updated Drivers
Tested with all mods, no cheat mode.
All clients MUST run the same version of the game, or it will crash.  I don't think the lobby server is up yet for the beta, but it might be up now.

The delayed commands is a known issue, and it depends on lots of things. What map were you playing, and what tech level, and how many human & AI players?  AFAIK, this goes all the way back to the original game itself.

For the MP crashes, assuming that all the clients are the same, then can you describe when did it crash, and what were you doing?
and it ends here.
J.Vaughan
Trained
Trained

Post by J.Vaughan »

Ok, all on the same version... normally it's just a random crash in MP... We'll pay more attention next time we play. Was just wondering if anyone else was having the same issues. I know that the slowness traces back to the original game but I've only previously experienced it in heavy conditions, 2 or 3 hours into the game. On the beta, I experience this with the first command.

By the way, the lobby was up however, they managed to find my game and join.

Thanks for the help
INTEL PENTIUM4 2.66GHZ PROCESSOR
2GB DUAL DDR PC3200 SDRAM
RADEON X1600 512MB AGP GRAPHICS CARD
WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION SP2 OPERATING SYSTEM