The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Release 3.2.3 is out

Post by Per »

Hello everyone,

Release 3.2.3 is out! This is a quick bugfix release, and contains multiple important bug fixes. Hopefully this fixes issue people have been having with graphics related driver crashes and slow performance, as well as crashes in the hosting menu while waiting for UPnP checking.

It is available at our usual location: https://sourceforge.net/projects/warzon ... ses/3.2.3/

If you wish to compile it yourself directly from our repo:

Code: Select all

git fetch origin --tags
git checkout 3.2.3
then proceed as normal with the build process.

Please report all bugs to http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket, and not on the forums.

2017-04-23: Version 3.2.3

GeneralGraphicsCampaign
  • Change: Lots of initial campaign ported to Javascript. Discuss these changes in our new porting forum here: viewforum.php?f=51
Scripting
  • Add: donateObject() works on structures. findResearch() works on other players (839e0b0f5c)
  • Add: New function hackDoNotSave(global name) to prevent variable from being put in savegames (ff57dc5733)
  • Add: Add setHealth(object, health %) to set a game object's health (62a7c96168)
Please keep reporting those bugs! :lecture:
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: Release 3.2.3 is out

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Only performance problem I have found is that having the research menu open seems to cause a noticeable slow down until it is closed. Also I see that warzone currently uses glm version 0.9.4.4 when 0.9.8.4 is the latest. Maybe updating it could make some operations a bit faster or fix bugs?
gesierfou
Greenhorn

Post by gesierfou »

Nice, very nice !
Good Work, one of the Best Game ever.
Thank to all the comunity for your support.
Kurobuta
New user

Post by Kurobuta »

How do I fix ?? help me plz.
c-korn
New user

Post by c-korn »

Hi,

having a problem compiling the new version for Ubuntu here.

Code: Select all

dh_autoreconf ./autogen.sh
+ checking for automake-1.11 >= 1.12 ... Unescaped left brace in regex is deprecated, passed through in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/\${ <-- HERE ([^ \t=:+{}]+)}/ at /usr/bin/automake-1.11 line 4159.
found 1.11.6, not ok !
Even the latest release of Ubuntu does not have version 1.12:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?suite ... s=automake

The packages will be published on the Ubuntu gaming site playdeb.net

Would be great if the game compiles on Ubuntu 16.04 and 16.04. Because these are the supported versions on PlayDeb.
Darkling
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Darkling »

I use Ubuntu 16.04 and it compiled on my system with out any issues. I'd suggest installing synaptic package manager (you can find it in the abomination that is this version of ubuntus software center). Synaptic package manager is a nicer gui for dealing with package installation and using it you can do a search on automake and see which version you have installed and which versions are available.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

NOTE: You can't just download the tarball from github, that will NOT compile 'as is'.
You either MUST use git if you want to compile it yourself, OR, get the tarball that was made on sourceforge.

We generate (& change) files that are needed at compile time.

Also, if you compile it yourself, make SURE you add the optimization flags! By default, we don't use anything, since it is meant for debugging. This, is CHANGED once we create the tarball, and the correct optimization flags are used.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
c-korn
New user

Post by c-korn »

Ok, the compilation succeeded. Seemed a patch applied in the Debian package caused problems.

But I had to apply this patch because the format is always required in ssprintf

https://paste.ubuntuusers.de/423655/

There are the patches which are applied in Debian:
https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-g ... n/patches/

These are the patches I have applied:
use-system-libraries.patch
redefinition-FTBFS.patch
fix-upnpDiscover.patch
add-needed-const.patch
quickstartguide.patch
ftbfs.patch
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

This link doesn't work, it goes to a registration page asking to make an account.
c-korn
New user

Post by c-korn »

Sorry, did not know that the page behaves like this.

Here it is:
https://paste.debian.net/933022/
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

c-korn wrote:
Thanks, now committed. I left out the changes to «ssprintf(buf, "∞");» and «ssprintf(externalIPAddress, "???");», since I don't expect they are needed.
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

Is it just me or went the development of warzone a bit stuck at some point? :hmm:
Last edited by themac on 07 Jul 2017, 08:41, edited 1 time in total.
Creek
Greenhorn

Post by Creek »

No.. I have the same opinion... All ppl are playing 3.1.5... new versions are not communicated to the main page... So there won't join new user...
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

Creek wrote:No.. I have the same opinion... All ppl are playing 3.1.5... new versions are not communicated to the main page... So there won't join new user...
You also have quite a few Mac users (like myself) stuck on the last version that still supports Mac.
Moving back instead of forward
Seems to me absurd
~
Metallica - Eye of the beholder
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

Hi all

Giving the portable version of Warzone v3.2.3 a go and it seems to load on XP again which it wasn’t doing before so that’s good but it seems a little unstable and if I try to alt and tab to the desktop I get the following error.

Error: Exception handler failed with error 1400: invalid window handler.

Then the game crashes and shuts down so clearly there is something amiss that needs looking at

I also notice a bunch of other things

The behaviour of builders seems to have been changed this in my opinion is not a good change and should be reverted my builders should do what there told and not what they feel like while this behaviours may not be a big deal on the early levels I can see it being quiet troublesome on later levels.

Second I noticed is that I no longer have the ability to tell my units to hold position again this is a bad change that should be reverted because this will very likely causes untold problems on later levels when I’m using long range artillery like ripple rockets I don’t want the artillery units following there assigned scanner I want them to stay put and simply file at targets I designate with the scanner

Without the ability to tell my artillery units not to move from there current location you are effectively making artillery units completely unusable because it is a well established fact that artillery units can’t defend them selves if they are attacked so what I will normally do is to tell them to stay put inside my base where they are protected and then just send the scanner forward to designate targets with a small team of units to protect the scanner so that’s something that definitely needs to get fixed.

I also noticed a bug when assigning units to a group if different units have different fire orders like for example some have fire at will and others have hold fire all units that get add to the group will have there fire orders set to fire at will this is incorrect behavior adding units to a group shouldn’t alter there current fire orders.

Also I’m not sure if it’s just my imagination but there seems to be something amiss with the New Paradigm AI in the campaign mode

I’m currently playing alpha campaign at the moment on hard and I’m at the point on Alpha 06 where the New Paradigm is supposed to shuttle in reinforcements from off the map until you shut down there landing zone but they don’t seem to be doing that, from either of there landing zones, they also don't seem to be producing units from there factories, which makes the level way to easy even on hard

In addition the New Paradigm units don’t seem to be reacting correctly instead of attacking the units that are attacking them they just seem to sit there unresponsive if you attack them from beyond there sight range and overall they just seem less aggressive then I remember its like they’ve decided that they can’t win so there not even going to try they just don’t seem to be making any effort at all so this is something that needs looking at because something is badly hinky and the New Paradigm are way way way to easy now even on hard mode.

if ya need me to upload the save just let me know

[edit]

finished playing Alpha Campaign and all the levels seemed to play ok save for the previously mentioned issues i did however encounter 5 other things

first off the menu can become stuck don't know what causes it thought but when it does get stuck it becomes unresponsive wont close and all the buttons stop working so there's definitely something a bit funny going on there about the only way i found to clear it was to reload the game and when that doesn't work i have to shut down the game completely and then restart it.

second i noticed on Alpha 11 (the mission where you have to intercept the New Paradigm convoy before they get away with the artifact) Some of the turrets appear to be missing from the enemy base.

After looking into this one it appears that in 3.2.3 the New Paradigm builder that is supposed to build the turrets when you start the level is failing to do, i just replayed that level about 6 times in a row and at most I've only seen the New Paradigm builder build 1 lancer turret when it should be building about 6 or 7.

When i load the level in v3.1.1 and put the deity cheat on so i can see the map the New Paradigms builder will move to the area in question and commence building the missile turrets as expected, however after loading the level in v3.2.3 and putting on the deity cheat on so i can see the map the builder just sits there doing nothing so it would appear that when the code for this got converted to JavaScript either something was forgotten or something was miss coded and isn't working properly.

third I've noticed that the cross hair when targeting things with either a commander or scanner seems to be way off and doesn't appear over the object that is being targeted here is a screen shot

fourth when a scanner auto targets something the cross hair to indicate what the scanner is targeting doesn't appear at all.

finally this is an irritation that has plagued the game from the very beginning, when you have units assigned to a group for fast selection if you then attach that group to a commander or scanner the group assignment gets removed which is incredibly irritating, while i can add the group assignment back after attaching to a commander or scanner with relative ease really i shouldn't have to because the group assignment shouldn't be getting removed in the first place.

This in my opinion is incorrect behavior if units have been assigned to a group that group assignment shouldn't be getting removed upon being attached to a commander or scanner.
Last edited by Bethrezen on 07 Jul 2017, 00:45, edited 7 times in total.