Help needed testing 3.2.x Campaign games!

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: Help needed testing 3.2.x Campaign games!

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

alfred007 wrote: For logical reasons and consistency, we should increase the cyborg throttle in Alpha 09 by 5 seconds. Then we have a throttle of 35 seconds in Alpha 09 and 45 and 50 seconds in Alpha 12. That fits better in my opinion.
Done in ead89acb32ed09224fb51ce74989dfc015235287. I don't think the trigger areas need to be changed.
Bethrezen wrote: First you don’t get the bombard pit on alpha 08 on v1.10 again I'm not sure if it's one of these things you are supposed to get on v1.10 but don’t because of bugs or if you are just not supposed to get it at all so might want to double check the original source to see if you are actually supposed to get that or not.
Looks like a Beta transition gift. So I'll make it available only after Alpha campaign.

As for regrouping, I discovered it is either a droid near the center of the group that is causing the formations to stop, or one picks a coordinate on a hill/trench that would be far away to move towards (path-wise).
Bethrezen wrote: Question when a unit is assigned to a group say group 1 for example would it be possible to have the units group assignment show in the reinforcement window
I would think so.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

Ok just tried updating to the latest master and it appear to be missing a file because when i try to start it I'm getting the following error.

[edit]
ok so i see master has been updated again so will re download and give it another go.

[edit2]
Nope master warzone2100-master-20180209-180510-ead89ac.exe (09-Feb-2018 17:28)

is also missing the file in the above image
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

I have another suggestion for a possible quality of life improvement.

I don't know about you but I can never remember what weapon is supposed to used against what target some of them like the bunker busters and lancers are pretty obvious

Bunkers & Hard Points for Bunker Busters and Vehicles for Lancers but some of the less used weapons I have no idea what they are supposed to be used against, now I know that you can go to the intelligence screen and have a look at the and the research info for stuff that you have researched and will tell you the problem there is that after clicking on something in there it vanishes from the list and there is no way to access that info again later on.

Therefore I'd like to suggest adding a bit more info to the pop-up that you get when you go into the design screen and hover over one of the turrets perhaps something like this would work.

not only does it tell you what turret it is but it also tells you what that turret is best against.
OFelix
Rookie
Rookie

Post by OFelix »

Bethrezen wrote:I have another suggestion for a possible quality of life improvement.
That sounds like a great idea!

I have just created a thread here that you could add this suggestion too!

UI & UX Suggestions Thread 2018

Thanks
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

This mod makes it so bombard pit does not appear in Alpha 8 research and the Alpha 11 artifact group runs back to the artifact again and keeps track of the closest droid that grabbed it.
Updated-Campaign.wz
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

Berserk Cyborg wrote:This mod makes it so bombard pit does not appear in Alpha 8 research and the Alpha 11 artifact group runs back to the artifact again and keeps track of the closest droid that grabbed it.
Updated-Campaign.wz
Unfortunately I can't test that because master wont load for me just updated to the latest version
warzone2100-master-20180211-143024-e02cc41.exe (11-Feb-2018 13:58) and when i try to start it I'm still getting the following error.

The problem is that is a Vista DLL apparently and I'm running XP, so the question is why is master looking for a Vista dependency because it runs fine on XP or at least it did ?

If i had to hazard a guess it's probably changes made to get the resizing high dpi working in build bot so someone needs to check that and figure out what got messed up.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

I'm not sure where that requirement crept in, but I see that Qt stopped supporting XP in version 5.7 (https://wiki.qt.io/PlatformSupport), and we are now using 5.10. Microsoft stopped supporting XP in 2014 (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... of-support), including security updates, and the software libraries that we rely on are now dropping XP support, just like everyone else these days. It would be increasingly difficult for us to retain support for XP. Why don't you upgrade?
OFelix
Rookie
Rookie

Post by OFelix »

Testing todays git ... crashed for me: http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/4734
OFelix
Rookie
Rookie

Post by OFelix »

Per wrote:the software libraries that we rely on are now dropping XP support, just like everyone else these days. It would be increasingly difficult for us to retain support for XP.
This is very true. Also, the QT version 5.6 which is the last to work with XP is only supported until 16.03.2019. (source)

Personally, I don't think any software developers should put in effort to support XP - it only helps users avoid upgrading (or switching to Linux)
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Going to make the lassat a little bit more powerful for campaign and change fireWeaponAtLoc() to use a different player other than the player in non-multiplayer sessions. We will lose the ability to see the lassat in darkness at the moment, but it is better than exploiting it since it can't harm your droids since you owned the projectile. 00731ba9762fffec94f292251650518a18f7d557

Alpha 11 update in 21ad2f9ef66b89b7950a7bf11e81df85e450234b. Seems to work for me.

Unrelated to campaign:
Spoiler:
pastdue
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by pastdue »

Berserk Cyborg wrote:Hmm... I get some kind of memory related crash (said something about a double free or heap corruption?) when failing a mission and it tries to draw that GUI selector thing.
Fixed in: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... 203202fe38

Thanks for the catch!
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

I tested Alpha 11 with the changes in your mods and the artifact get dropped by the unit that catches it. I increased the radius of the trigger area of the middle scavenger factory because with the current settings it is possible to move around and the factory doesn't get enabled. Now it is impossible not to enable the middle and southern scavenger factory.
I also tested Alpha 12 with master e02cc41 and the changes in your mod and I think the increase of the throttles makes Alpha 12 with insane difficulty not significantly less tough. I'm not sure what to do. If we increase the throttles again we will lose logical behaviour in comparison to the levels before as I posted before. If not, Alpha 12 could be too tough with insane difficulty. I will test if my idea of the moved trigger area can solve this dilemma.
I found a strange bug in the design menu. Every time when I tried to design two units in a row the game crashed. If I design one unit, leave the design menu, open it again and design the second unit it works fine. Logs and crash report are added. If wanted I can also open a new ticket.

I noticed that the moved timer line now hides information about units through the reinforcement timer.
wz2100-20180211_201618-SUB_1_D.jpg
Attachments
logs alpha 12.zip
(7.17 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
logs alpha 11.zip
(7.58 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
pastdue
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by pastdue »

alfred007 wrote:I also tested Alpha 12 with master e02cc41 [...]
I found a strange bug in the design menu. Every time when I tried to design two units in a row the game crashed. If I design one unit, leave the design menu, open it again and design the second unit it works fine.
Please update to the latest master build. It should fix this.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

pastdue wrote:
alfred007 wrote:I also tested Alpha 12 with master e02cc41 [...]
I found a strange bug in the design menu. Every time when I tried to design two units in a row the game crashed. If I design one unit, leave the design menu, open it again and design the second unit it works fine.
Please update to the latest master build. It should fix this.
Can confirm. Is fixed.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Mod not needed. I already put it in master.
alfred007 wrote:I increased the radius of the trigger area of the middle scavenger factory because with the current settings it is possible to move around and the factory doesn't get enabled. Now it is impossible not to enable the middle and southern scavenger factory.
In 8f2bcb369e0536aa5602d7b283b9e8f18f87d49f.
alfred007 wrote: I also tested Alpha 12 with master e02cc41 and the changes in your mod and I think the increase of the throttles makes Alpha 12 with insane difficulty not significantly less tough. I'm not sure what to do. If we increase the throttles again we will lose logical behaviour in comparison to the levels before as I posted before. If not, Alpha 12 could be too tough with insane difficulty. I will test if my idea of the moved trigger area can solve this dilemma.
Try increasing the all non-NE base factory throttles by 10-20 seconds. We don't need to base them off of previous missions since none come close to the production capabilities of this mission.
alfred007 wrote: I noticed that the moved timer line now hides information about units through the reinforcement timer.
I moved it back recently. Of course, that means a selected unit will have the leftmost part of the console text obscured again.