Help needed testing 3.2.x Campaign games!

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Re: Help needed testing 3.2.x Campaign games!

Post by Bethrezen »

Please do. I have a version of it installed and had started working my way through the levels, but it's not complete and as I wasn't spotting any differences between it and the otherwise more manageable 2x version I was playing, fixing it didn't seem a priority.
Ok so i have made a portable of v1.10 but the forum wont let me upload it every time i try i get this

does anyone know of a good file host that doesn't have you jump though all sorts of hoops when you try to download the file?
Just wanted to thank everyone here in this thread for doing this, all your input is highly appreciated!

Hopefully, everything will be ironed out before the next release.
Your welcome :)
About the game over screen, has anyone noticed if there are certain situations where it does or does not show the options correctly?
I'm not really sure.

However when i was testing this one and doing the screen shots earlier i did notice something, i started a new game activated debug mode and then sped up the timer to 100x normal then at 10 seconds i reset the game speed and saved and let the timer tick down, and the first time i was able to dismiss the game over screen as i described earlier and continue playing even though the timer had expired but when i reloaded that same save and again let the timer tick down this time i didn't get continue screen it just went directly to the load quit screen, not sure if that's any help narrowing things down.
Last edited by Bethrezen on 01 Oct 2017, 01:55, edited 1 time in total.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Bethrezen wrote: Maybe have an on/off toggle for the ability to disable?
I agree toggling this feature is best.
Like it used to be.
This is more a deleted feature issue then campaign but it has some effect.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

MIH-XTC wrote:
Berg wrote: Yea I remember that feature did exist but it was considered undesirable because it essentially forced people to group units according to propulsion or else all units would move according to the slowest propulsion. So if an ally passed a track unit or you only made a few tracks and later switched to hovers, all the hovers would only move as fast as the track unless you gave them orders independently which made the unit control confusing.

By default I think units should move as fast as possible and getting units to move together is a matter of human control. Maybe have an on/off toggle for the ability to disable?
In original its called a formation. Yes, it was togglable. (F7 or F8 dont remember.. or F11) And it has been removed cause devs says it was causing desyncs in Multiplayer.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

I have a good idea don’t delete it fix it.
I know I'm constant.
-Philosopher-
Trained
Trained

Post by -Philosopher- »

It was F11. I'd also like to see it reintroduced, although for me this is a higher priority: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12197&p=137894#p137894 (or a working hold position function at a bare minimum).

Its absence makes as much difference to how some campaign stages play out as any bugs or accidentally introduced changes of the type we've been picking up do.

For what it's worth, until a thing is fixed, I'd rather have the bugged version than no version of it too - particularly as whether or not a thing is bugged is sometimes a matter of opinion anyway (hold/guard/pursue always worked for me the way I thought they should - what was I missing?)
-Philosopher-
Trained
Trained

Post by -Philosopher- »

Berserk Cyborg wrote:
-Philosopher- wrote: Is this something within your power to look into, @Beserk Cyborg, or should I raise it as a separate ticket?

If it's already been raised, can someone point me to the reference? I did a search but didn't turn anything up.
I can look into anything, though it does not mean I will know how to fix anything... you should create a ticket and attach your save. I also would point out that sometimes it can cause random blocks of visibility corruption (seeing areas the player has not yet seen). Oddly, this behavior is common with Beta campaign maps for some reason.
FYI - finally got around to raising this: #4644
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

OK so after several attempts i found somewhere i can upload the zip of wz v1.10 you can find it here

https://dropfile.to/FHYyBaL

be quick though because the upload will expire in 22 hours.

all ya need to do is download it unzip it then open the folder right click the warzone.exe select crate short cut then right click on the short cut you just made select properties and add the appropriate command line switch to start the game in the desired mode.

-3dfx -800 to start the game at 800x600 resolution in 3dfx mode
-d3d -800 to start the game at 800x600 resolution direct 3d mode
-software -640 to start the game at 640x480 resolution software mode

so if you extracted the game to c:\ the line will look like this

"C:\Warzone2100\Warzone.exe" -3dfx -800

I'd recommend 3dfx that gives the best display if you can't get 3dfx mode to work install the supplely nglide wrapper.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

Finally I finished testing beta 5. Looks good so far, excecpt the bug after failing. One thing I noticed are the much weaker ripple rockets. In 3.1.5 I had to be very carefully and using some tricks to enter the NW base, because the ripple rockets were able to kill my strongest units with one salvo. Now they are not even able to kill a repair tank. It makes it much easier to enter the base than it was in 3.1.5. I think we should make them stronger again.
Berserk Cyborg wrote:Lots of factories in Beta 5 so it could be another Alpha 12 situation all over again.
Not really. The throttle times are longer in beta 5 than in alpha 12 and the distances between the heavy and the cyborg factories are bigger, so that you can handle the cyborgs with one squad and the heavy units with another. I'm thinking about maybe making the throttle times shorter, but we should wait until Bethrezen plays beta 5 on insane to get a second opinion about that.
Attachments
beta 5 logs.zip
(4.63 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

Bethrezen wrote:OK so after several attempts i found somewhere i can upload the zip of wz v1.10 you can find it here

https://dropfile.to/FHYyBaL

be quick though because the upload will expire in 22 hours.

all ya need to do is download it unzip it then open the folder right click the warzone.exe select crate short cut then right click on the short cut you just made select properties and add the appropriate command line switch to start the game in the desired mode.

-3dfx -800 to start the game at 800x600 resolution in 3dfx mode
-d3d -800 to start the game at 800x600 resolution direct 3d mode
-software -640 to start the game at 640x480 resolution software mode

so if you extracted the game to c:\ the line will look like this

"C:\Warzone2100\Warzone.exe" -3dfx -800

I'd recommend 3dfx that gives the best display if you can't get 3dfx mode to work install the supplely nglide wrapper.
Unfortunately I'm not able to download the file. The download starts, get stuck at about 10 MB downloaded and then stopped. 6 attempts failed.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Excellent. Beta looks to be in better shape than Alpha was.

I tried making the 'h' button for hold work as we would expect, for the most part. Commanders and the group attached will stay, repair units stay and repair things near them, trucks stay (not tested them as much). Sensors, however, are unable to observe things, so that I still have to find out why that happens,

So for anyone able to compile the source, here it is. I do not claim this to be the correct implementation and it probably is not.
0001-Bring-back-hold-order-behavior.patch
Most recent mod here since it got buried: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12714&start=360#p138358
-Philosopher-
Trained
Trained

Post by -Philosopher- »

alfred007 wrote:
Bethrezen wrote:OK so after several attempts i found somewhere i can upload the zip of wz v1.10 you can find it here ...
Unfortunately I'm not able to download the file. The download starts, get stuck at about 10 MB downloaded and then stopped. 6 attempts failed.
Nor me unfortunately. I could get to about 98MB but no further on any attempt.

Have you signed up for dropbox previously? If not, try https://db.tt/iAjJiQgI (if you use this invite we'll both get more space). You should be able to share it from there.
-Philosopher-
Trained
Trained

Post by -Philosopher- »

Berserk Cyborg wrote:This mod recreates the victory conditions with missions Alpha 3, 4, 5, 8, and Beta 10. Alpha 7 now requires 7 structures instead of four. I tried recreating some of the missing behavior in Alpha 8, ie. trucks building and the base detection for the NP base. Alpha 5 plays very much different with the fixing of the defense group tactics (scavengers run away) and the commander attacks without hesitation when the New Paradigm is assaulted.
Updated-Campaign.wz
With all the corrections to the victory conditions (and all the fixes across the stages) I thought I'd start a new campaign and play through from the beginning again.

Found a bug in Alpha 01...
In jscam you can't build anything in a factory until you have also built a command centre:
Image Image
The command centre should only be a pre-requisite for designing new units. Anything already designed should only need the factory itself to build:
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

Strange because I tried it just now and it fully downloaded for me.

What browser are you guys using? Did you try using a different browser just in case it is a browser issue? also did you just try again a bit later on in case it was just a server issue ? also did you try disabling any add-ons like adblock in case one of them are causing issues.
Have you signed up for dropbox previously? If not, try https://db.tt/iAjJiQgI (if you use this invite we'll both get more space). You should be able to share it from there
No and I'm not going to either because they spy on there users, drop box was one of a long list of companies named in the snowden leaks as being in bed with the NSA, its also why i don't use skype and stopped using google, because i don't want to be spied on.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

Bethrezen wrote:
Strange because I tried it just now and it fully downloaded for me.

What browser are you guys using? Did you try using a different browser just in case it is a browser issue? also did you just try again a bit later on in case it was just a server issue ? also did you try disabling any add-ons like adblock in case one of them are causing issues.
Have you signed up for dropbox previously? If not, try https://db.tt/iAjJiQgI (if you use this invite we'll both get more space). You should be able to share it from there
No and I'm not going to either because they spy on there users, drop box was one of a long list of companies named in the snowden leaks as being in bed with the NSA, its also why i don't use skype and stopped using google, because i don't want to be spied on.
Weird, because downloading to dropbox worked. But after your informations I will not use it for long. Maybe I can have a look to Version 1.10 on tuesday, because this is a holiday in germany (Tag der Deutschen Einheit, something like independence day in the USA)
-Philosopher-
Trained
Trained

Post by -Philosopher- »

alfred007 wrote:Weird, because downloading to dropbox worked. But after your informations I will not use it for long. Maybe I can have a look to Version 1.10 on tuesday, because this is a holiday in germany (Tag der Deutschen Einheit, something like independence day in the USA)
I just tried it again too - did nothing different to what I did multiple times yesterday and today it downloaded in 6mins. So there you go. Who knows what the issue was before. Anyway, thanks for the upload. Hope to get some time this evening to complete a few stages.