Help needed testing 3.2.x Campaign games!

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Re: Help needed testing 3.2.x Campaign games!

Post by alfred007 »

WZ2100ModsFAn wrote:Is the hold order going to be fixed?

Or has it already been fixed?

Somebody is saying that the hold order does not work the way it originally did.
Ticket #4303 is assigned to Forgon. If you have any questions, ask him.

And yes, the hold order is not working like in 3.1.5.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

I have problems to install new master versions. When I try to install newer master versions the files didn't get updated. I tried to install commit 32eb3c3 and 9dca83b but the files still had the date of August 10th and the game shows me that my current version is commit de158c5. Even if I chose manually the folder where the files should be saved in, I failed.

Edit: I looked into the commit list in the GitHub master branch and commit 64b7420 from August 11th shows a red x. And this is the commit after commit de158c5. Could it be that something went wrong with this commit so that newer commits can't be installed? And if this is right, commit ffb5b9b from August 14th shows also a red x instead of a green check.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

alfred007 wrote:I have problems to install new master versions. When I try to install newer master versions the files didn't get updated. I tried to install commit 32eb3c3 and 9dca83b but the files still had the date of August 10th and the game shows me that my current version is commit de158c5. Even if I chose manually the folder where the files should be saved in, I failed.

Edit: I looked into the commit list in the GitHub master branch and commit 64b7420 from August 11th shows a red x. And this is the commit after commit de158c5. Could it be that something went wrong with this commit so that newer commits can't be installed? And if this is right, commit ffb5b9b from August 14th shows also a red x instead of a green check.
Maybe download the latest portable again. Do you use multiple portable builds? If so, check that you are using the right executable. I'll see if it happens to me shortly.

Those commits were green at one point. So the continuous integration probably rechecks everything once a day if nothing new was committed, I am guessing, and encountered an outside error. Both times they failed to download some file when trying to compile Warzone.
pastdue
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by pastdue »

There was a change to the location of the executable / DLL files on Windows (now in a "bin" subfolder). If you are installing over an older version, the old "warzone2100.exe" will still exist in the root install folder.
You should now start the EXE in: "<InstallDirectory>\bin\".
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

pastdue wrote:There was a change to the location of the executable / DLL files on Windows (now in a "bin" subfolder). If you are installing over an older version, the old "warzone2100.exe" will still exist in the root install folder.
You should now start the EXE in: "<InstallDirectory>\bin\".
This was the problem. I use shortcuts, so the shortcut still used the old exe-file. It would be helpful to announce such a change. Can I delete the old .dll files in the old dll-location-folder?
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

I updated to master 32eb3c3 and played gamma 05 again. Everything looks fine now. Research labs were absorbed, absorbed factories produce nexus units and absorbed trucks build nexus defences. The only issue is the already reported sound that structures get neutralized when they get absorbed in German. But this is a minor issue. I don't think that many players will notice this and even if, it has no influence to gameplay so I think we can ignore it. Logs are added.
Attachments
logs gamma 05.zip
(2.34 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
WZ2100ModsFAn
Trained
Trained

Post by WZ2100ModsFAn »

I was playing the campaign and was comparing it to 1.10.

The problem is when your units return for repair the other ones are in the way :annoyed: . Version Master

In 1.10 they move out the way for you.

Also i use WZstarter for 1.10 as i can see it's helpful for running it in debug mode.
Forgon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Forgon »

During a mission, the transporter dropped units slightly below ground level, so that they appeared partly dug in there. Selecting them and ordering them to move corrected their height.

I observed this around April 2018, but did not document it properly and have thus failed to reproduce it.
Has anyone noticed the same problem and paid more attention to detail? If so, I would appreciate your insights.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

Forgon wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 11:18 During a mission, the transporter dropped units slightly below ground level, so that they appeared partly dug in there. Selecting them and ordering them to move corrected their height.

I observed this around April 2018, but did not document it properly and have thus failed to reproduce it.
Has anyone noticed the same problem and paid more attention to detail? If so, I would appreciate your insights.
I never looked at something like that. Does it happen only in specific missions or generally?
Forgon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Forgon »

alfred007 wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 13:59
Forgon wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 11:18 During a mission, the transporter dropped units slightly below ground level, so that they appeared partly dug in there. Selecting them and ordering them to move corrected their height.

I never looked at something like that. Does it happen only in specific missions or generally?
I observed this only once. Note that I seldom play campaign games, so that the bug may or may not be rare.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Forgon wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 15:30
alfred007 wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 13:59

I observed this only once. Note that I seldom play campaign games, so that the bug may or may not be rare.
Mmm, I never really paid that much attention to something like that. Do you remember which mission (or what campaign)? I guess it could happen if the drop zone has uneven ground. Maybe.
Eugen
Trained
Trained

Post by Eugen »

vexed wrote: 05 Feb 2017, 04:44 B) If you run into any bugs.
I dont know if the bug is still actual.
I am running the latest version: warzone2100-master-20180928-122314-de6b592_x86_portable

The bug is that your current factory production resets if you access the design unit screen.

1. I set 5 units to be produced.

2. Then I go to the design screen and select the unit being produced.

3. I quit the design screen and the production resets to "0". Instead of 5 units only 1 unit remains under the production.
Currently running warzone2100-master-20180928-122314-de6b592_x86_portable.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

Eugen wrote:
vexed wrote: 05 Feb 2017, 04:44 B) If you run into any bugs.
I dont know if the bug is still actual.
I am running the latest version: warzone2100-master-20180928-122314-de6b592_x86_portable

The bug is that your current factory production resets if you access the design unit screen.

1. I set 5 units to be produced.

2. Then I go to the design screen and select the unit being produced.

3. I quit the design screen and the production resets to "0". Instead of 5 units only 1 unit remains under the production.
I'm not sure if this is really a bug. As soon as you select the template in the design screen you give the system the information that this template has changed. And this means for the factory that the old selected template no longer exist. So the factory produces the already started first unit and skipped the production of the other templates because for the system this template no longer exist. And it's logical that the factory doesn't produce units that don't exist for the system.
On the other hand in what situation do you want to change a template that you seconds before start to produce? And if you really want to do so you can easily prevent this situation by creating a new template. And creating a new template don't stop the production of an old template.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Eugen wrote: 30 Sep 2018, 14:29 The bug is that your current factory production resets if you access the design unit screen.
I think that's a bug. Merely selecting a template being manufactured, without changing anything about it, should not change factory production. Additionally, if you now click on the altered unit design when the original is being built then the factory will still produce the original design until it switches to something else or ends.

Edit: This is described in ticket #4381.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

If you change a unit design then the factory stops making the old design (even if you make it the same template).
This is normal.
If you make a new design leaving the one the factory is producing it continues to produce.