Help needed testing 3.2.x Campaign games!

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Re: Help needed testing 3.2.x Campaign games!

Post by alfred007 »

Now it works for me. I found an old stats folder in a place he doesn't belong to (don't know why it was there) and this caused the problem. :oops: After I deleted this folder everything was ok. I thought I was crazy.
Forgon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Forgon »

Bethrezen wrote:@Forgon

I'm running the latest master
warzone2100-master-20180125-194613-42db8f7.exe (25-Jan-2018)

and just encountered the midget mini map again this time on Alpha 09 as you can see in this screen shot

and this time it can't be caused by using an old save because i started again from alpha 01 with the current master and have only just reached alpha 09 just now so it looks like it may well be a coding bug, granted alpha 09 isn't a very big map but still previously the mini map would start at about the same size as the blue square that holds the buttons or there about, and i can confirm this is a new save i made just now with the current master, and I didn't shrink the mini map it started that way. [...]
I have launched SUB_1_5 using the savegame you attached. The radar is tiny, and the initial camera perspective is unusual:
initial view of SUB_1_5 with radar zoom set to 16 and radar rotation enabled
initial view of SUB_1_5 with radar zoom set to 16 and radar rotation enabled
sub_1_5_start_with_radar_zoom_16.png (319.52 KiB) Viewed 5767 times
Radar zoom is set to 16 in your savegame, which is exactly the old default value before ticket #4699 and half the new default value. The solution is to increase radar zoom to 32 (push the scroll wheel upward or press the = key):
initial view of SUB_1_5 with radar zoom set to 32 and radar rotation enabled with view aligned north
initial view of SUB_1_5 with radar zoom set to 32 and radar rotation enabled with view aligned north
sub_1_5_start_with_radar_zoom_32.png (225.45 KiB) Viewed 5767 times
Do you have any idea why radar zoom was set to 16 in the first place? What radar size is displayed in the "Audio / Zoom Options" screen?
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Pushed 3484ea251d0a0aa250da6ef4811be7931faaab3b and 0772c91e74389d8dc79eb80107894602a3e328d4. Includes the campaign "research all" cheat not breaking designs (type II & III were not designable and replaced the previous propulsions. Now the design screen shows all three variants) and I also managed to break group patrols so those work again.

On Beta 9 right now. Beta 8 seemed to work good, albeit I think the factory groups could use a repair of 66% instead of 30% so they get to the the repair facility without being destroyed in the most likely case.

Edit:
Finished Beta 9. That is an intense mission (especially before the first transporter arrives with reinforcements) as I was constantly getting swarmed by huge groups of cyborgs and tanks.

Edit2:
And finished Beta 10. Increased the base cleanups so that the player does not have to manually attack those walls next to the HQ anymore. Uploaded a save for #3009 for more testing of that bug.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

Do you have any idea why radar zoom was set to 16 in the first place?
No idea, I assume it’s a bug because I just left the zoom settings at default, becaue if I need to adjust the size of the mini map I usually just do it with the mouse wheel as I play
What radar size is displayed in the "Audio / Zoom Options" screen?
Like i already said I left all the settings at default as you can see in this screen shot

Because I just use the mouse wheel as i play if I need to resize the mini map, so it looks like something is bugging somewhere, and for what ever reason sometimes it doesn't correctly set the new default value of 32, while its not a big deal since players can resize the mini map using the mouse wheel or hot key i bring it up because something clearly isn't working as it should and therefore it should be fixed if possible.
Forgon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Forgon »

Bethrezen wrote:
Do you have any idea why radar zoom was set to 16 in the first place?
No idea, I assume it’s a bug because I just left the zoom settings at default, becaue if I need to adjust the size of the mini map I usually just do it with the mouse wheel as I play
What radar size is displayed in the "Audio / Zoom Options" screen?
Like i already said I left all the settings at default as you can see in this screen shot

Because I just use the mouse wheel as i play if I need to resize the mini map, so it looks like something is bugging somewhere, and for what ever reason sometimes it doesn't correctly set the new default value of 32, while its not a big deal since players can resize the mini map using the mouse wheel or hot key i bring it up because something clearly isn't working as it should and therefore it should be fixed if possible.
I failed to reproduce your problem when quickly progressing to SUB_1_5 using the "let me win" cheat.
The minimap always had the correct size.

Can you assure me that you did not shrink the minimap via mouse wheel before creating the savegame you provided to me?
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

I have seen the minimap size change radically when transitioning between home and offworld maps and vice versa. Not sure why though I have a save on Beta 7 that shows it shrink to about half of whatever the size is on the home map. Also it might freeze for a bit when using "let me win" since this offworld map does that mapTile assert spam when disembarking units.
campaign.zip
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

I failed to reproduce your problem when quickly progressing to SUB_1_5 using the "let me win" cheat.
The minimap always had the correct size.

Can you assure me that you did not shrink the minimap via mouse wheel before creating the savegame you provided to me?
as I already mentioned previously it started that way.

After conducting a few experiments I think I know why, I tried replicating your experiment using the let me win cheat to skip my way though the levels till i got to alpha 09 and at first I got the same result you did as you can see in these screen shots

Image Image

However when looking at those screen shots I noticed something the mini map on the alpha home map was bigger then it should be if we assume that visually speaking the mini map should always start the same size about the size of the blue square that holds the buttons.

I then shrunk the alpha home map mini map to the correct size about the size of the blue square that holds the buttons and then took off and when I landed on the alpha 09 away map the mini map was tiny as you can see in these screen shots.

Image Image

So with this is mind I think I understand now what is going on here and were the problem lies I think the problem lies in your approach to handling the mini map scaling.

The first and most obvious problem is that the mini map scaling factor is not reset upon changing maps, so that's the first thing that needs to be addressed.

The other issue with your approach is that it's too simplistic and it doesn't take into account that each map is a different size and therefore you can't just set a global scaling value because otherwise you run into a situation where the mini map can start absolutely huge if the map is very big or can start tiny if the map is quiet small

What you need to be doing here is setting a scaling value for each map independently so that visually the mini map always starts the same size about the size of the blue square that holds the buttons which is the default size of the mini map in v1.10 as you can see in this screen shot

and you need to be making sure that the mini map size is reset upon changing maps so that changing the size of the mini map when on one map doesn't affect the size of the min map when landing on an away map.

hopefully I explained that adequately, and it made sense.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Finished beta end mission (if I didn't have so much artillery built around the map I probably would not have survived it). I did not encounter the bug in #3009, however, I only played from start to finish without quitting. I do have a few saves just in case.
saves.zip
What would anyone think about making the fog completely dark as the default for campaign instead of being able to see a faint outline of the maps?

The mod is not needed since all of it is in master in case anybody missed that.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

I had again a video problem like I had in Alpha 05. At the beginning of Alpha 08, the very first video of the New Paradigm froze at the end and I couldn't play on. Only after I clicked on the screen the next video was played. In the file attached are a save from the end of Alpha 07 and the log files.
Berserk Cyborg wrote:Finished beta end mission (if I didn't have so much artillery built around the map I probably would not have survived it). I did not encounter the bug in #3009, however, I only played from start to finish without quitting. I do have a few saves just in case.
In 3.1.5 and 3.2.3 I also had no problems when I played from a moment before the first transporter starts until the end. Only after reloading saved games from a moment after the first transporter left the map the bug occurs in my games. I don't know why I had so huge problems with my last saves from Beta 10. I will test it the next days.
Attachments
campaign.zip
(110.4 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

I'm a little bit confused about the latest master because of ticket #4724. Builbot shows master cef6b6a for download, Github shows commit e2a4e25 as latest commit and the commit cef6b6a is no longer available on Github. What is happening right now?

@Berserk Cyborg
I tested your saves of cam2-end and could also don't encounter the bug in ticket #3009. Looks like the problem is solved. :o
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

alfred007 wrote:I'm a little bit confused about the latest master because of ticket #4724. Builbot shows master cef6b6a for download, Github shows commit e2a4e25 as latest commit and the commit cef6b6a is no longer available on Github. What is happening right now?
Buildbot probably does nothing if a force push simply removes a commit. I just pushed a small base cleanup size update for Beta 10 in 7accb0e8460644de29bcb0572239d5ebac626b9a so it should update the buildbot build accordingly.
alfred007 wrote: @Berserk Cyborg
I tested your saves of cam2-end and could also don't encounter the bug in ticket #3009. Looks like the problem is solved. :o
I think it only happens if the transporter does not leave the map when time runs out or gets destroyed (or the player has no droids on map, excluding the transporter).
alfred007 wrote: I had again a video problem like I had in Alpha 05.
I introduced a small hack months ago to play sequences that don't have video or audio synced immediately for play so that it showed the sequence where Alpha base got destroyed on Beta 11. It also reintroduced the mission fail sequence again, but now I guess it freezes on those two sequences.

Edit:
Removed the hack I did to play all the video sequences. We will not see the "mission failed" sequence and the Beta end sequence informing the player Alpha base was destroyed.
c89320c2d5ef7bb2262ce3e2659cdd58e2fb2000.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

Berserk Cyborg wrote:Removed the hack I did to play all the video sequences. We will not see the "mission failed" sequence and the Beta end sequence informing the player Alpha base was destroyed.
c89320c2d5ef7bb2262ce3e2659cdd58e2fb2000
With this commit, the videos no longer freeze.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

ok so i have been playing from alpha 01 again on both master and v1.10 using master

warzone2100-master-20180128-010525-e2a4e25.exe

and so far most things seem ok

here is the research list for alpha 01 to 05 on v1.10
V1.10 Research List.

Alpha 01

Artefact 1
Hardened Mg Bullets
APDSB Mg Bullets
APDSB Mg Bullets Mk2

Artefact 2
Flamer

Artefact 3
Machine Gun Guard Tower

Artefact 4
Engineering
Tank Traps
Mobile Repair Turret

Alpha 02

Artefact 1
High Temperature Flamer Gel
High Temperature Flamer Gel Mk2
High Temperature Flamer Gel Mk2
Flame Autoloader

Artefact 2
Sensor Turret
Sensor Tower

Artefact 3
Twin Machine Gun

Artefact 4
Power Module

Alpha 03

Heavy Machine gun

Alpha 04

Artefact 1
Mortar
He Mortar Shells
He Mortar Shells Mk2
He Mortar Shells Mk3

Master Only
Mortar Auto Loader

Artefact 2
Half Track Propulsion

Alpha 05

Artefact 1
Light Cannon
Heat Cannon Shells
Heat Cannon Shells Mk2
Heat Cannon Shells Mk3

Artefact 2
Command Relay Post

Artefact 3
Hardcrete
Light Cannon Hard Point
Improved Hardcrete
Machinegun Bunker
Light Cannon Bunker
Flamer Bunker
Mortar Pit
Improved Hardcrete Mk2
Heavy Machinegun Hard Point
Reinforced Base Structure Materials
Reinforced Base Structure Materials Mk2
Improved Hardcrete Mk3
Reinforced Base Structure Materials Mk3

Master Only
Master Heavy Machinegun Bunker

Artefact 4
Factory Module
Medium Body Cobra
Medium Cannon
Repair Facility
Automated Factory Production
Chaingun Upgrade
Automated Repair Facility
Automated Factory Production Mk2
Medium Cannon Hard Point
Automated Repair Facility Upgrade Mk2
for the most part everything seems ok so far but i do notice a couple of minor things.

there are a couple of research topics that seem to be wrong.

On Alpha 04 you get the Mortar Auto Loader on master but not on v1.10 not sure if this is another one of those bugs where you are supposed to get that on v1.10 but don't like it is with lancer upgrades on beta or if you are just not supposed to get it till later so might wanna double check that.

On Alpha 05 you get the Heavy Machine Gun Bunker but on v1.10 you only get the Machine Gun Bunker not sure if this is maybe just a label issue in v1.10 in that the Machine Gun Bunker you get is the Heavy Machine Gun Bunker and it's simply been mislabelled or if you are simply being given the wrong Machine Gun Bunker in master so might wanna double check that to.

Also i note that the light body new paradigm units on alpha 05 are still hurtling around the tank factory instead of coming to attack you like they should, not sure why I'll need to investigate further, because at the moment only there cannon units are coming to attack me even when I'm within there sight range.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Bethrezen wrote: On Alpha 04 you get the Mortar Auto Loader on master but not on v1.10 not sure if this is another one of those bugs where you are supposed to get that on v1.10 but don't like it is with lancer upgrades on beta or if you are just not supposed to get it till later so might wanna double check that.
Does not show any requirements aside from an impossible to research upgrade. Making it a Beta bonus research until now.
Bethrezen wrote: On Alpha 05 you get the Heavy Machine Gun Bunker but on v1.10 you only get the Machine Gun Bunker not sure if this is maybe just a label issue in v1.10 in that the Machine Gun Bunker you get is the Heavy Machine Gun Bunker and it's simply been mislabelled or if you are simply being given the wrong Machine Gun Bunker in master so might wanna double check that to.
Looking at the pre-JSON conversion for all the stats, it still uses a heavy machine gun weapon. Only difference is that it correctly names the weapon being used.
Bethrezen wrote: Also i note that the light body new paradigm units on alpha 05 are still hurtling around the tank factory instead of coming to attack you like they should, not sure why I'll need to investigate further, because at the moment only there cannon units are coming to attack me even when I'm within there sight range.
Is it like a huge pile of them or about 4 or so? Until a factory produces the accepted size for the group they remain no group droids until the threshold is met. Upload a save if you want.
Quenton
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Quenton »

alfred007 wrote:I had again a video problem like I had in Alpha 05. At the beginning of Alpha 08, the very first video of the New Paradigm froze at the end and I couldn't play on. Only after I clicked on the screen the next video was played. In the file attached are a save from the end of Alpha 07 and the log files.
Berserk Cyborg wrote:Finished beta end mission (if I didn't have so much artillery built around the map I probably would not have survived it). I did not encounter the bug in #3009, however, I only played from start to finish without quitting. I do have a few saves just in case.
In 3.1.5 and 3.2.3 I also had no problems when I played from a moment before the first transporter starts until the end. Only after reloading saved games from a moment after the first transporter left the map the bug occurs in my games. I don't know why I had so huge problems with my last saves from Beta 10. I will test it the next days.
which video files you using? I found the low quality ones have broken movies in them.