Help needed testing 3.2.x Campaign games!

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Re: Help needed testing 3.2.x Campaign games!

Post by alfred007 »

Berserk Cyborg wrote:Seeing as you were on the final mission map, did the Nexus heavy plasma launcher pit ever destroy itself? I know at times when I got to it the surrounding walls are missing, presumably because it hit the wall and destroyed itself and other structures.
As far as I remember he didn't. But I will check that again. Did you use artillery? Maybe your artillery destroyed the walls when they missed the pit.
Omeganexus
Greenhorn

Bug in Campaign Mission Beta 2C

Post by Omeganexus »

I would like to inform you that there is a bug in the Beta 2C mission. Even destroying ALL the bases of the Collective, in addition to all enemies, the mission is not completed. I'm sending the save file attached. You can see that even with the bases destroyed, the indicator in red is still visible ... Esotu using the latest version of the portable master.

Thank you.

Attachments
Beta campaign 2C.rar
(81.04 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Omeganexus
Greenhorn

Post by Omeganexus »

I would like to inform you that there is a bug in the Beta 2C mission. Even destroying ALL the bases of the Collective, in addition to all enemies, the mission is not completed. I'm sending the save file attached. You can see that even with the bases destroyed, the indicator in red is still visible ... Esotu using the latest version of the portable master.

Thank you.

Attachments
Beta campaign 2C.rar
(81.04 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

alfred007 wrote:Did you use artillery? Maybe your artillery destroyed the walls when they missed the pit.
Possibly, though I seem to remember it no longer trying to attack me and I had no artillery on map before. Your scavenger throttle changes are in master now.
Omeganexus wrote: I would like to inform you that there is a bug in the Beta 2C mission. Even destroying ALL the bases of the Collective, in addition to all enemies, the mission is not completed.
Looks like that rare base elimination bug that so far has eluded me. Any chance you still have a save before the air base is destroyed on that mission?
Omeganexus
Greenhorn

Post by Omeganexus »

Yes, save is attached, before the two bases are destroyed.

Thank you.
Attachments
campaign.rar
(100.4 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

alfred007 or Bethrezen, could you test the below mod for base elimination to make sure bases are still eliminating correctly (or not blowing up on load)? Alpha 6 is a good mission to test on since that is one of the few missions, maybe the only one, that has that shared base on the plateau and has a lot of bases anyway.
updated-campaign.wz
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

I started a new Alpha campaign for testing the stats changes and I'm at the moment at the end of Alpha 05. Alpha 01-04 were good (Alpha 02 and 05 with the reduced throttles) but at Alpha 05 there is a problem with the videos of the NP in the away-part. Both videos started correct and get played but at the end, the video freezes and I had to click on the screen to play on.
Also, I think that it makes no sense to let the produced units of the hill-factory in Alpha 02 patrolling at the north edge of the hill. They run from the west to the east and back and attack nothing. I have changed the cam1b.js file so that they now attack the player like the units of the other factories. Therefore I have deleted the now useless labels in the labels.json file.

In the file attached are the logs of Alpha 03-05, the changed files for cam1b and a saved game from the very beginning of Alpha 05, so that you can reproduce the video bug. If wanted I can upload a save from the end of Alpha 04.
Berserk Cyborg wrote:alfred007 or Bethrezen, could you test the below mod for base elimination to make sure bases are still eliminating correctly (or not blowing up on load)? Alpha 6 is a good mission to test on since that is one of the few missions, maybe the only one, that has that shared base on the plateau and has a lot of bases anyway
Because next is Alpha 06 on the line anyway I'll test your mod the next days.
Attachments
campaign.zip
(69.25 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

Berserk Cyborg wrote:alfred007 or Bethrezen, could you test the below mod for base elimination to make sure bases are still eliminating correctly (or not blowing up on load)? Alpha 6 is a good mission to test on since that is one of the few missions, maybe the only one, that has that shared base on the plateau and has a lot of bases anyway.
I've actually just finished playing alpha 06 on master
warzone2100-master-20180122-012521-be3858f.exe

and didn't have any issues completing the level, I did however notice a slight glitch on alpha 8 which I have actually reported before but is still present, if you eliminate the new paradigm base before activating the second LZ the game doesn't seem to register the fact that the base has been destroyed and the blip for the base will continue to flash even though the base is already destroyed, this doesn't appear to stop you from completing the level but might be worth looking at that one just in case because it should be registering the fact the based is destroyed regardless of whether I have activated the second LZ or not, now i can understand why it might not because when this level was designed it was never intended for players to eliminate the base with there initial landing party before activating the second LZ even throughout such a thing is quiet possible with the right tactics.

in any event I see that there is a new master with a whole bunch of additions so I'll up date and start again make sure there aren't any issue, and while I'm at it I'll give your mod a go to make sure that's not causing issues either.

Also with regards to being able to resume a failed game when in debug mode, if you are going to leave that one in when in debug mode then it might be an idea to actually turn that into its own cheat maybe something along the lines of no time out which will allow you to continue playing even if the time runs out.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

Ok so updated to master
warzone2100-master-20180124-215933-d49d9de.exe (Jan 24 2018)

added the mod to c:\Warzone 2100_portable-master\Warzone 2100 master\mods\autoload

so far I'm up to alpha 04 and for the most part things seem fine though I have encountered 2 minor issues.

The first appeared on alpha 1 after reloading one of my saves for some reason the enemy base destroyed massage played 3 times even though that particular save was saved before I actually destroyed the 3 scav bases, not sure why but obviously something is a miss there because that shouldn't be happening although its nothing serious and doesn't seem to affect my ability to complete the level.

The second issue occurred on Alpha 04, after reloading and collecting the mortar artefact, here is the log, again nothing to serious just kind of annoying

Code: Select all

--- Starting log [C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Desktop\Warzone 2100_portable-master\Warzone 2100 master\logs\WZlog-0125_165912.txt]---
info    |08:14:40: [triggerEventSeen:1364] Scripts not initialized yet
info    |08:14:40: [triggerEventSeen:1364] Assert in Warzone: qtscript.cpp:1364 (scriptsReady), last script event: '<none>'
info    |08:14:40: [triggerEventSeen:1364] Scripts not initialized yet
info    |08:14:40: [triggerEventSeen:1364] Assert in Warzone: qtscript.cpp:1364 (scriptsReady), last script event: '<none>'
info    |08:21:06: [triggerEventSeen:1364] Scripts not initialized yet
info    |08:21:06: [triggerEventSeen:1364] Assert in Warzone: qtscript.cpp:1364 (scriptsReady), last script event: '<none>'
info    |08:21:06: [triggerEventSeen:1364] Scripts not initialized yet
info    |08:21:06: [triggerEventSeen:1364] Assert in Warzone: qtscript.cpp:1364 (scriptsReady), last script event: '<none>'
info    |08:27:50: [triggerEventSeen:1364] Scripts not initialized yet
info    |08:27:50: [triggerEventSeen:1364] Assert in Warzone: qtscript.cpp:1364 (scriptsReady), last script event: '<none>'
info    |08:27:50: [triggerEventSeen:1364] Scripts not initialized yet
info    |08:27:50: [triggerEventSeen:1364] Assert in Warzone: qtscript.cpp:1364 (scriptsReady), last script event: '<none>'
info    |08:29:25: [triggerEventSeen:1364] Scripts not initialized yet
info    |08:29:25: [triggerEventSeen:1364] Assert in Warzone: qtscript.cpp:1364 (scriptsReady), last script event: '<none>'
info    |08:29:25: [triggerEventSeen:1364] Scripts not initialized yet
info    |08:29:25: [triggerEventSeen:1364] Assert in Warzone: qtscript.cpp:1364 (scriptsReady), last script event: '<none>'
info    |08:32:20: [triggerEventSeen:1364] Scripts not initialized yet
info    |08:32:20: [triggerEventSeen:1364] Assert in Warzone: qtscript.cpp:1364 (scriptsReady), last script event: '<none>'
info    |08:32:20: [triggerEventSeen:1364] Scripts not initialized yet
info    |08:32:20: [triggerEventSeen:1364] Assert in Warzone: qtscript.cpp:1364 (scriptsReady), last script event: '<none>'
error   |08:34:12: [js_removeObject:2362] Object id 174587 not found belonging to player 12
error   |08:34:12: [callFunction:211] 0 : camSafeRemoveObject(obj = [object Object]) at script/campaign/libcampaign.js:139
error   |08:34:12: [callFunction:211] 1 : __camPickupArtifact(artifact = [object Object]) at script/campaign/libcampaign.js:752
error   |08:34:12: [callFunction:211] 2 : cam_eventPickup(feature = [object Object], droid = [object Object]) at script/campaign/libcampaign.js:3228
error   |08:34:12: [callFunction:211] 3 : <global>() at -1
info    |08:34:12: [callFunction:214] Uncaught exception calling function "cam_eventPickup" at line 139: ReferenceError: psObj failed in js_removeObject at line 2362
info    |08:34:12: [callFunction:214] Assert in Warzone: qtscript.cpp:214 (false), last script event: '<none>'
info    |08:38:35: [triggerEventSeen:1364] Scripts not initialized yet
info    |08:38:35: [triggerEventSeen:1364] Assert in Warzone: qtscript.cpp:1364 (scriptsReady), last script event: '<none>'
info    |08:38:35: [triggerEventSeen:1364] Scripts not initialized yet
info    |08:38:35: [triggerEventSeen:1364] Assert in Warzone: qtscript.cpp:1364 (scriptsReady), last script event: '<none>'
info    |08:43:44: [triggerEventSeen:1364] Scripts not initialized yet
info    |08:43:44: [triggerEventSeen:1364] Assert in Warzone: qtscript.cpp:1364 (scriptsReady), last script event: '<none>'
info    |08:43:44: [triggerEventSeen:1364] Scripts not initialized yet
info    |08:43:44: [triggerEventSeen:1364] Assert in Warzone: qtscript.cpp:1364 (scriptsReady), last script event: '<none>'
error   |08:49:39: [khr_callback:139] GL::API(Performance:Medium) : Program/shader state performance warning: Fragment Shader is going to be recompiled because the shader key based on GL state mismatches.
error   |08:50:28: [TopLevelExceptionFilter:1320] Exception handler failed to create file!
also when I look at the cam1-2.0.log, cam1a.0.log, cam1b.0.log files I'm noticing some odd entries

DEBUG: __camContinueProduction: Already enabled?
DEBUG: __camCheckPlaceArtifact: Object to which artifact ScavLab is bound has died twice

*Player 0 requesting accelerated research.
Searching for required research of item: R-Wpn-MG1Mk1
	Found: R-Wpn-MG1Mk1
Searching for required research of item: R-Vehicle-Body01
	Found: R-Vehicle-Body01
Searching for required research of item: R-Sys-Spade1Mk1
	Found: R-Sys-Spade1Mk1
Searching for required research of item: R-Vehicle-Prop-Wheels
	Found: R-Vehicle-Prop-Wheels

DEBUG: camSetEnemyBases: Base scavgroup1 defined as empty group
DEBUG: camSetEnemyBases: Base scavgroup2 defined as empty group
DEBUG: camSetEnemyBases: Base scavgroup3 defined as empty group

Probably nothing to worry about but though I'd mention it as i don't recall seeing entries line that before.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

updated-campaign.wz
Wonder if the above helps with the base elimination sound on load. For some reason groups need to be subscribed to eventGroupSeen again on saveload (and the base group labels? The label resets and eventGroupLoss sees the groupsize as zero, which I now ignore on load), and causes all sorts of weird problems.

In this commit I attempted to refactor __camTacticsTickForGroup() in libcampaign which I included in the above mod. Seems to work ok.
Bethrezen wrote: The second issue occurred on Alpha 04, after reloading and collecting the mortar artefact, here is the log, again nothing to serious just kind of annoying
You still have that save? You always seem to encounter this one, and it looks like it only happens with a dropped artifact existing on load?
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

Berserk Cyborg wrote: Wonder if the above helps with the base elimination sound on load. For some reason groups need to be subscribed to eventGroupSeen again on saveload (and the base group labels? The label resets and eventGroupLoss sees the groupsize as zero, which I now ignore on load), and causes all sorts of weird problems.

In this commit I attempted to refactor __camTacticsTickForGroup() in libcampaign which I included in the above mod. Seems to work ok.
Bit hard to load on a pre away mission when the problem with the base destroyed message playing 3 times upon reload happened on alpha 01

to elaborate on that a little bit i had a save that i made before attacking bases 2 and 3 i then played through the level wiped out the computer leaving just a single turret standing at the last base but then i realised i had forgotten something so i reloaded and because i had already destroyed the bases before reloading then i get the enemy base destroyed message for the 3 bases being destroyed even though at the point where i made that save i hadn't actually destroyed there bases yet.

not sure why just one of those odd intermittent things I guess, probably some variable or something not being cleared or reset properly upon reload.
You still have that save? You always seem to encounter this one, and it looks like it only happens with a dropped artifact existing on load?
Not sure I'll have to have a look.

[edit]
ok think this might be it
Alpha 04.7z
(45.49 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Quality of Life Suggestion

I'm curious would it be possible to replace mobile repair units with auto repair ? the reason I ask is because mobile repair units are a sub par way to keep your units repaired when out in the field because the range of the repair turret is to short and due to pathing issues the mobile repair units often can't get to your damage units.

It's irritating enough having the computer continually target my mobile repair units but then loosing units due to the fact my mobile repair units can't get to my damage units because the other members of the squad are in the way and wont move and the mobile repair units don't have enough range to reach just makes this even more frustrating.

Failing that if replacing mobile repair units with auto repair is consider to overpowered although I can't see why since auto repair is no faster then a mobile repair unit is, would it at least be possible to make the range on the mobile repair turret bigger because right now I think it's about 2 tiles and that is way to short for them to effectively support your squads when out in the field, I reckon the minimum range mobile repair units need to effectively support your units is at least 6 tiles, because anything less than that and your mobile repair units can't effectively keep your units repaired if your squad consists of more then about 10 units because they just can't get to them.

I'd also increase the range of repair towers to 6 tiles as well because again the range on these things is way to short.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Bethrezen wrote: I'm curious would it be possible to replace mobile repair units with auto repair?
Probably. Campaign does not have auto repair for the player although Nexus has its own auto repair called Nexus repair, which is really just a weaker version of the one you see on multiplayer. If you get it, the AI will have it also.

Will look at extending the range of repair.
Bethrezen wrote: ...i reloaded and because i had already destroyed the bases before reloading then i get the enemy base destroyed message for the 3 bases being destroyed even though at the point where i made that save i hadn't actually destroyed there bases yet.
Does not seem to happen now.
Omeganexus
Greenhorn

Post by Omeganexus »

Sorry for my intrusion, but the file containing the modification, which you posted to Bethrezen, would work for the Beta 5 mission bug?
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

Berserk Cyborg wrote:
Bethrezen wrote: I'm curious would it be possible to replace mobile repair units with auto repair?
Probably. Campaign does not have auto repair for the player although Nexus has its own auto repair called Nexus repair, which is really just a weaker version of the one you see on multiplayer. If you get it, the AI will have it also.

Will look at extending the range of repair.
now that might make things interesting if the computer actually repaired there units on the go like that although I can see that possibly making some levels a bit to difficult which would require some rebalancing having said that the nexus auto repair isn't to bad to deal with as i recall i guess it would depend on how powerful it was maybe something worth playing with at a later point, even if the range on the mobile repair units and towers could be extended a bit would help an awful lot.
Berserk Cyborg wrote:
Bethrezen wrote: ...i reloaded and because i had already destroyed the bases before reloading then i get the enemy base destroyed message for the 3 bases being destroyed even though at the point where i made that save i hadn't actually destroyed there bases yet.
Does not seem to happen now.
yeah only happened the once for me as well, like i said its probably one of them really annoying intermittent things where you need a very specific set of circumstance to make it happen, its probably caused by improperly formatted code because there are lots of areas of the code where things are not enclosed in curly brackets like they should be, or maybe there are missing semi colons which means lines of code are not closed correctly which can cause issue like this because JavaScript unlike other languages wont halt when it encounters improperly formatted code it will just continue to run which of course can cause strange oddities that shouldn't happen.

This is the big problem with JavaScript being such a forgiving language it encourages bad coding habits really JavaScript should be a bit more strict about making sure that coders format there code and close lines of code correctly.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Omeganexus wrote:Sorry for my intrusion, but the file containing the modification, which you posted to Bethrezen, would work for the Beta 5 mission bug?
Yes. I recommend using a save before Beta 5 so that the changes are being used correctly. Or you might be able to load a save on Beta 5 before the base problem, save over it, and load it again.