Help needed testing 3.2.x Campaign games!

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Re: Help needed testing 3.2.x Campaign games!

Post by alfred007 »

Berserk Cyborg wrote:You need to add a

Code: Select all

assembly: "nameOfLabel"

with the specified factory data (same place the throttles are placed) in the scripts. You only need to include the files you are changing, not everything.
Thank you. I will try it again the next days.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

Ok so just got back to Alpha 05 end / Alpha 06 start with the mod and while the changes to the power are better I'm still running into issues with insufficient power.

This time i was able to upgrade my tank factories build the repair bays and command relay centre research commanders and upgrade my heavy machine gunners and mortars to medium bodies.

Where i came unstuck is when i tried to build my third squad, at that point i only had enough left to build half the squad, therefore I'm of the opinion that the production rates for oil derricks should be restored to 100% for hard and insane however you shouldn't get any bonus oil for completing the level on insane and on hard you should only get a very small amount of bonus oil for completing the level quickly say 5% or 10% something like that

as it stands regardless of the value at which bonus oil is currently set for hard and insane you generally won't get any bonus oil anyway due to the fact that the timers have been tuned to a point where you only just have enough time to complete the level so even with a bonus oil level of 100% if you have only 5 minuets left on the clock when you finish the level you are still only going to get like 300 bonus oil anyway which is so small that its completely irrelevant

Doing this would make hard an insane oil wise how it was on hard on v1.10
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Bethrezen wrote: Where i came unstuck is when i tried to build my third squad, at that point i only had enough left to build half the squad, therefore I'm of the opinion that the production rates for oil derricks should be restored to 100% for hard and insane however you shouldn't get any bonus oil for completing the level on insane and on hard you should only get a very small amount of bonus oil for completing the level quickly say 5% or 10% something like that
Ok, how about now?
Updated-Campaign.wz
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

Bethrezen wrote:Where i came unstuck is when i tried to build my third squad, at that point i only had enough left to build half the squad, therefore I'm of the opinion that the production rates for oil derricks should be restored to 100% for hard and insane however you shouldn't get any bonus oil for completing the level on insane and on hard you should only get a very small amount of bonus oil for completing the level quickly say 5% or 10% something like that
I don't agree, that we should set the power modifier at 100 for hard and insane. I think we should go to 70 at insane, 85 at hard and 110 or 115 at easy.
With the setting of 70 for insane we had with commit d5afac nobody complained about having not enough power. And power management should be an important point at insane what it will not be with a power modifier of 100. But 50 or 60 is definitely too low.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

alfred007 wrote: I don't agree, that we should set the power modifier at 100 for hard and insane. I think we should go to 70 at insane, 85 at hard and 110 or 115 at easy.
With the setting of 70 for insane we had with commit d5afac nobody complained about having not enough power. And power management should be an important point at insane what it will not be with a power modifier of 100. But 50 or 60 is definitely too low.
Yeah, I think that is a good system. If there were problems before, it would have been reported already. Modifiers are: Insane - 70, Hard - 85, and Easy - 115.
Updated-Campaign.wz
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

Finished with testing beta 6. Looks good, also no error messages in the logs, just the known infos from away missions.
Thanks to the help of Berserk Cyborg I could define working assemblies to the enemy factories. I'm still testing, if they all work as they should and if I choosed the right coordinates. When I'm ready I will add them to the latest mod from Berserk Cyborg for a new combined mod.
Attachments
logs beta 6.zip
(196.19 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

During my test to adjust the assemblies in alpha 12 I got a lot of error messages in the logs. I started with an more than 2 month old savegame from the end of alpha 11. Maybe this caused the error messages. Log is added.

Edit
And what I also noticed is, that the message that reinforcements are enabled comes before the transporter left the map. In the other levels this message comes a few seconds after the transporter left the map.
Attachments
WZlog-1030_215525.txt
(27.4 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

alfred007 wrote:During my test to adjust the assemblies in alpha 12 I got a lot of error messages in the logs. I started with an more than 2 month old savegame from the end of alpha 11. Maybe this caused the error messages. Log is added.

Edit
And what I also noticed is, that the message that reinforcements are enabled comes before the transporter left the map. In the other levels this message comes a few seconds after the transporter left the map.
Looks to be an old save problem. I did, however, see that the victory condition was wrong for Alpha 12 so now that is fixed. Any other missions have the transporter message play too early (did not fix it with this mod yet)?
Updated-Campaign.wz
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

I finished my assembly adjustments for Alpha 9 and 12 and for beta 3,5,6,7 and 8. Beta 9 and 10 get adjusted, when I tested beta 7 and 8 with the latest mod. Gamma levels as soon as I start testing Gamma mission.
Berserk Cyborg wrote:Any other missions have the transporter message play too early (did not fix it with this mod yet)?
I noticed it also in Beta 7 and 8 during my adjustments. I added a few seconds to the queues in Alpha 12, Beta 7 and Beta 8. And I will have a look at it in the following levels.
The added mod is a combined mod of Berserk Cyborgs latest one, my added assemblies and the changed queues in Alpha 12, Beta 7 and Beta 8.

Edit:
What I forgot: with the latest changes in rules.js we have again the problem that in reloaded games you can exceed the power limit. It is a few weeks ago that we had this problem and you solved it with the now deleted function in line 46 and 47 (const HARD_POWER_LIMIT = 20000; and const INSANE_POWER_LIMIT = 12000;) See commit d5afabc from August 6th and my post viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12714&start=45#p137242
Attachments
Updated-Campaign.wz
(73.64 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

alfred007 wrote: Edit:
What I forgot: with the latest changes in rules.js we have again the problem that in reloaded games you can exceed the power limit. It is a few weeks ago that we had this problem and you solved it with the now deleted function in line 46 and 47 (const HARD_POWER_LIMIT = 20000; and const INSANE_POWER_LIMIT = 12000;) See commit d5afabc from August 6th and my post viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12714&start=45#p137242
I am not seeing this. Do you have a save where it happens? I cheated the power up near the limits and it stops and then I reloaded a save and it resets below the limit within a second or so.

Labels look good except the cam1-a label file has extra commas with the base1factory label.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

Berserk Cyborg wrote:
alfred007 wrote: Edit:
I am not seeing this. Do you have a save where it happens? I cheated the power up near the limits and it stops and then I reloaded a save and it resets below the limit within a second or so.

Labels look good except the cam1-a label file has extra commas with the base1factory label.
Now I also couldn't reproduce the power problem. I noticed it during my label adjusting work but unfortunately didn't saved the game. Looks like I saw something that didn't exist. If I see it again (if any) I will save the game.

Label is corrected.
Attachments
Updated-Campaign.wz
(73.64 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

Finished testing beta 7 with no problems during gameplay. It is still impossible to reload a saved game with enabled mod without quitting the game. When I save a game from beta 7 and want to reload it instantly the known message pops up that the game can't load the mod and will start the saved game without the mod. And to see the pop-up window I have to use the task manager, because I can't alt tab to the desktop. After quitting and restarting the game I had no problems to reload the saved game with the mod. That's the reason, why there are 4 WZlog files in the zip file. In the first you have the known maptile infos, in the middle some triggerEventSeen infos, one error, the message that the mod can't be loaded and a few more new infos. Just search for error and you see this immediatly. In the second an error and some new infos at the beginning (they seem the same like in the middle of the first WZlog file), the third looks like the second and the forth includes only those maptile infos. I just added it because this is the log when I ended beta 7.
Attachments
logs beta 7.zip
(1.43 MiB) Downloaded 108 times
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

I think I may have just prevented that error because I saw a useless gates file for Beta 7 supplied. So I deleted it. Has reloading a mod always done this, or is it only happening with the current ones?

I added your assembly and label file changes in my campaignJS branch and also have the preliminary cam3-ad1 script up here.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

Has reloading a mod always done this, or is it only happening with the current ones?
To be honest I'm not really sure, but what i have noticed when using mods is that i have to quite the current game and go back to the main menu before reloading if i try to reload from within a game in progress then i get the following error.
popup |10:01:06: [rebuildSearchPath:446] The required mod could not be loaded: Updated-Campaign.wz Warzone will try to load the game without it.
That pop up then subsequently crashes the game due to the bug that causes this error
error |10:01:08: [khr_callback:139] GL::API(Performance:Medium) : Program/shader state performance warning: Fragment Shader is going to be recompiled because the shader key based on GL state mismatches.
error |10:01:09: [TopLevelExceptionFilter:1320] Exception handler failed to create file!
It's why i generally try to avoid mods instead preferring to test changes once they have been pushed to an updated master, although is you can figure out why we are having to quiet to the main menu before reloading when using the updated campaign mod that would save some hassles.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

I think I may have just prevented that error because I saw a useless gates file for Beta 7 supplied. So I deleted it. Has reloading a mod always done this, or is it only happening with the current ones?
I'm not sure. I know it happened before, but I can't say if it happened with an older mod or first with this one
I added your assembly and label file changes in my campaignJS branch and also have the preliminary cam3-ad1 script up here
Thank you